Technical Editor, Cloud Education Programs
Amazon Web Services, Inc. - Remote
$69,400 - $121,400 a year
Job details Salary $69,400 - $121,400 a year Job Type Full-time Full Job Description
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years' equivalent work experience in English, Technical Communication, or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience editing content using/managing a style guide
- Demonstrated experience editing highly technical developer or systems administration documentation
- 3+ years’ experience managing multiple projects and setting their schedules and priorities
As a Technical Editor at Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will work with creative, dynamic people to drive quality standards and edit AWS training content. You will be at the forefront of the effort to train everyone from developers to cloud neophytes on how to use AWS services and succeed in an increasingly cloud-driven world. The successful candidate is curious, creative, collaborative, and willing to do what it takes to make sure learners grasp and retain the key technical concepts in our courses.
Amazon.com is deeply committed to being a leader in the web services marketplace, and one of the key measures of success is to support the vibrant developer community that consumes the AWS products. To enable this, the AWS training team plays a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described and easy to consume and follow.
The ideal candidate has experience editing in-depth content for developer or system administrator products and the ability to drive consistency and unity across multiple content deliverables. You have a strong understanding of customer needs and experience acting as a customer advocate. Working with Technical Curriculum Developers, subject matter experts, and stakeholders on the team, you will use the editorial process to ensure a high-quality content experience for customers.
This role will join a dedicated, passionate, and professional team in Cloud Career Education Programs Curriculum Development. We create engaging, exciting, and dynamic content, supporting programs which are focused on building learning experiences and developing foundation-level AWS skills for learners in their education environment - as early professionals or as a part of re-skilling and up-skilling workforce development initiatives. Programs in this area typically have longer durations, running over a number of weeks, or months, rather than hours or days. Innovation, professional development and diving deep is encouraged, and supported, as is the goal of making a real difference.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain the editing process ensuring multiple quality checks for organization, content, technical accuracy, and style.
- Manage and maintain an internal style guide and word lists for group use.
- Review style guide for accuracy
- Manage editing schedules and workflows and communicate the schedules internally
- Meet with subject-matter experts for concurrence as to content changes.
- Remain current on new developments in technical writing, editing and publishing, including technological enhancements which may affect the corporation.
- A proactive attitude and a focus on resolving problems and delivering results
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $69,400 - $121,400/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
- Experience with web services and related technologies
- Advanced grammar skills
- Developmental and copy editing skills
- Experience / knowledge of cloud computing
- Some experience working in an agile programming environment
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communications skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience managing multiple projects and setting their schedules and priorities
- A proactive attitude and a focus on resolving problems and delivering result
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
Online Publishing Game TesterBandai Namco Entertainment AmericaJob details Job Type Contract Full Job Description POSITION SUMMARY The Online Publishing Game Tester is responsible for verifying and validating game features,3 day agoShareCalifornia
Data Entry ClerkCedar$15 - $36 an hourJob details Salary $15 - $36 an hour Job Type Full-time Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Writing Skills: 1 year (Preferred) Full Job3 day agoShareNew York, NY
Receptionist/Administrative AssistantA-Clean Chimney$18 - $30 an hourJob details Salary $18 - $30 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Required) Receptionist: 23 day agoShareEverett, WA 98204 (Holly area)
Data EntryKett Engineering Corporation$15 - $16 an hourJob details Salary $15 - $16 an hour Full Job Description Kett Engineering is seeking a Data Entry Clerk for a vehicle testing program at an automotive proving3 day agoShareArizona
Administrative Asst I - Student Development OfficeEl Camino College$4,101 a monthJob details Salary $4,101 a month Full Job Description Job Detail Job Title: Administrative Asst I - Student Development6 day agoShareTorrance, CA 90506