Transporter (40 hrs.12:30pm - 9:00pm Rotating Weekends)
Full Job Description
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It's a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all-and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet - an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. Join BMC today and help us achieve our Vision 2030 which is a long-term goal to make Boston the healthiest urban population in the world.
Schedule: Full Time 12:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Under the direction of the Transport Supervisor or the Director of Transport Services, performs a variety of duties, including transporting patient, medical equipment, and specimens to and from areas within the hospital as assigned.
- Transports patients, specimens, equipment and related items and supplies safely and comfortably to and from areas within the hospital as assigned in a timely manner. Greets patients, families, visitors and staff in a friendly courteous positive customer service manner. Identifies self as a transporter.
- Hands-off patient to a caregiver. Verifies patient identification with patient and also by checking patient ID band. Obtains/verifies first and last name and medical record # and destination prior to transport .
- Receives and puts away all supplies in SMC and CPD. Match packing slips with Purchase Order numbers and file paperwork. Fill out Return Goods Authorization forms to send to purchasing to secure repair/return authorization.
- Delivers patient equipment to areas. Retrieves/cleans equipment from designated areas. Cleans/places label "Equipment is Clean." Delivers broken equipment to the appropriate location for repair. Packages and ships repairs to repair companies and maintains repair log database. Communicates with vendors to coordinate repairs and equipment loaners. Picks up and returns all loaned or borrowed equipment from neighboring hospitals if necessary.
- Carries pager/radio/headset while on duty and responds to page or radio in a timely manner.
- Maintains in log all patient transports. Documents last and first name, time, destination etc., including specimens/equipment transported. Submits log to supervisor.
- Closes out trip, signs in/out for lunch and breaks.
- Records an inventory count of equipment each day. Utilizes filing systems for procurement archiving.
- Checks /inspects transport vehicle for safety prior to transport. Checks for cleanliness, sufficient oxygen for round trip, checks brakes, handrails, mattress, etc. Cleans if necessary.
- Performs all duties with a customer service focus. Represents the hospital and Nursing department in a professional, courteous manner in all dealings with other hospital employees, vendors, patients and visitors. Treats patients in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity, confidentiality, and patient rights.
- Responds to all requests for service through radio, telephone and personal contact. If unable to assist a patient/customer needed service, follows thru with request by contacting dispatcher or supervisor.
- Refers the request to the correct individual. Refers all unanswerable or unfulfilled requests for service to the supervisor and/or manager.
- Maintains cleanliness and neatness of work and lounge areas.
- Assists in hospital emergency disaster plans. Identifies emergency situations and initiates appropriate response actions within the scope of his/her role. Is familiar with area disaster plan and responsibilities.
- Completes department charge slips and records all transactions into computerized information system and file documents as required
- Request assistance from nurse/or aide in transferring/moving patient from wheelchair to stretcher or bed.
- Transports patients to the Morgue and to and from the Recovery Room.
- Performs dispatcher function as required.
- Utilizes hospital's Values as the basis for decision-making and to facilitate the division's hospital mission.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures. Follows infection control policies, cleans stretcher/wheelchair after transporting a patient with "precaution" status.
- Remains knowledgeable of and follows department policies and procedures.
- Complies with established practice standards, policies, procedures, protocols, guidelines, and regulations, e.g., DPH, Joint Commission, Fire Codes, OSHA, etc.
- Completes annual mandatory educational requirements, e.g., safety regulation and infection control review, departmental and unit specific competencies, etc.
- Maintains a presentable appearance in accordance with dress code. Wears assigned uniform, pager and visible ID badge while on duty.
- Remains knowledgeable of and demonstrates reliability in regard to established work rules and policies such as hours of work, attendance, punctuality standards, work assignments etc.
- OTHER DUTIES:
- Performs other duties as needed.
Work requires a high school diploma or GED.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations required:
Work requires obtaining and the maintenance of CPR.
Requires 6-12 months of experience in customer service or patient transportation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires heavy lifting and pushing, pulling and standing .
- Requires the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate clearly to interact appropriately with nursing staff, patients, families/visitors, physicians, and other hospital staff.
- Work requires demonstrated ability to effectively speak, read, and write English.
- Work requires ability to follow instructions, work independently and efficiently to complete assigned work.
Req id: 20976
Warehouse Package Handler - $3,000 BonusAmazon Workforce StaffingJob details Salary Up to $27 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Full Job Description Amazon Sortation Center Warehouse Associate Job Overview You’ll be3 hour agoSharePortland, OR 97267
Picker/Packer - $3,000 Sign On Bonus and Up to $20.75/hour!Amazon Workforce StaffingJob details Salary Up to $20.75 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Full Job Description Amazon Fulfillment Center Warehouse Associate Job17 hour agoSharePost Falls, ID 83877
TV/Movies Features EditorColliderJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description US | UK | Remote & Freelance Position Collider is the ultimate source for impactful entertainment news. We19 hour agoShare+5 locationsRemote
Budtender (Part-time)Urbn LeafJob details Job Type Part-time Full Job Description About Us: Urbn Leaf is an innovative company recognized for shattering stereotypes and setting new standards20 hour agoShareGrover Beach, CA+4 locations
Social Media Specialist (Remote)NJ Mom LLCJob details Salary $15 - $20 an hour Job Type Part-time Contract Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Bachelor's (Required) Social Media Management: 220 hour agoShareRed Bank, NJ 07701