Courtroom Clerk for the Honorable Eric Dahlin
Initial Posting Date: 05/26/2023 Application Deadline: 06/05/2023 Agency: Judicial Department Salary Range: $4,097 - $6,356 Position Type: Employee Position Title: Courtroom Clerk for the Honorable Eric Dahlin Job Description: Interviews: will be scheduled within two weeks after the application deadline. Who we are Oregon Judicial Department (OJD) serves the public, and the people we serve may be facing challenging life circumstances, high levels of stress, or confusion about their next steps. The work you will do in this role directly affects the people in our community who come to the court to have their cases resolved. We need staff who want to have direct impact in their communities, value OJD's efforts to remove barriers to access justice services and enjoy a high level of customer service and interaction with the public. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive team and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We consider relevant work and past lived experience and education, plus any transferable skills and abilities that may meet our qualifications or the skills and attributes we need for this position. Benefits to you
- We pay 95% to 99% of medical insurance premiums for full-time employees, including mental health coverage.
- The hourly equivalent for this position is $23.64 - $36.67.
- 10 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, 3 personal business days, separate sick and vacation paid leaves (prorated for part-time employees), and other employee benefits such as optional insurances and flexible spending plans.
- OJD will pay you a 5% allowance for bilingual skills (includes ASL) if you can pass a skills test and are assigned to use those skills on the job!
- In this job profile, we offer candidates new to OJD the first two steps of the salary range. You are potentially eligible for a 5% annual increase.
- Workday times out after approximately 15 minutes of inactivity and all progress will be lost.
- REQUIRED: a cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the Minimum Qualifications, Special Qualifications, and Requested Skills and Attributes, listed below. Using a generic cover letter is likely not going to get you an interview, so please take the time needed to personalize your cover letter. Prepare your cover letter before starting your Workday application.
- REQUIRED: a completed work history, either by completing the Job History (internal candidate) or Work Experience (external candidate) portion of your Workday profile OR by attaching an updated resume.
- Attach your cover letter (not to exceed two pages) in the Resume / CV / Cover Letter section of the application. Your cover letter and filename should include your name.
- In the body of your cover letter, please include responses to all Requested Skills and Attributes listed below.
- Address the cover letter “To the Hiring Manager.”
- Do not use a generic cover letter; please personalize your cover letter for this position. We read every letter.
- Prepare your cover letter before starting your Workday application.
- Attach your updated resume in the Resume / CV / Cover Letter section of the application. Your resume and filename should include your name.
- Complete the Job History/Work Experience portion of your Workday profile if you are not using an updated resume.
- Office Experience: Experience providing direct support to one or more persons by performing a variety of clerical or administrative tasks that included document review and routing, using a computer to enter and retrieve information, using electronic and hard copy filing systems, case or account updating, meeting strict deadlines, and scheduling.
- Customer Service: Experience providing customer service to both internal and external customers of diverse backgrounds and maintaining professionalism with customers who may be facing challenging life circumstances, highly stressful family situations, or trauma.
- Written Work Product: Skill in writing and reviewing documents for accuracy, content, grammar, and punctuation.
- Confidentiality: Experience identifying, handling, and securing confidential information and materials.
- This is a full-time position, and the work schedule is 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. This position is eligible for overtime compensation for hours worked in excess of 40 per work week.
- Occasional after-hours or overtime work may be required.
- This position mainly works at the Multnomah County Courthouse (1200 SW 1st Ave.) but occasionally may need to work at the East County Courthouse (18480 SE Stark St.), Justice Center (1120 SW 3rd Ave.) or the Juvenile Justice Center (1401 NE 68th Ave.).
- Frequent phone and in-person contact with people from diverse backgrounds and with people who may be facing challenging life circumstances, highly stressful situations, or trauma.
- Long periods of sitting or standing.
- Regular use of the following equipment: telephone, OJD-assigned computer with multiple monitors, copy machine, fax machine, and scanner.
Parking Multnomah Circuit Court does not provide parking for courthouse or justice center staff. Flexible spending accounts are available to reimburse parking or transportation costs up to a certain amount each month, if staff elect to have these funds held from their monthly paycheck. Criminal Background Check
You will be subject to a criminal background check if you are a finalist. Adverse results are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and may result in disqualification if the circumstances are directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Reference Checks By submitting your application to OJD, you consent to reference checks about your qualifications, your workplace performance, and your work product.
United States Employment Eligibility
OJD does not offer visa sponsorships. Within three days of hire, you will be required to complete the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States. OJD will use E-Verify to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. Future Vacancies
Apply now if you are interested in this or future vacancies. This job announcement may be used to fill future vacancies in this class of work.
Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given preference in the recruitment process. To receive preference, veterans must attach the appropriate documentation after they receive an email in their Workday inbox requesting the information to verify eligibility. The action item, asking veterans to attach their documentation, will arrive after they have submitted their initial application materials. Visit the Oregon job opportunities Veterans web page for additional details, information, and resources.
Because of OJD's role in providing justice and upholding the rule of law, employees of the department are required to meet the highest standards of professional conduct and ethics while on the job, and also to maintain those same high standards when taking actions in their personal lives that could reflect on the department. As an employee, you will be expected to preserve the confidentiality of information received in the course of OJD employment.
As an employer, OJD complies with Oregon’s pay equity law. Salary offers are made with consideration of the candidate’s education and experience. For more information on pay equity, click here .
Click here to access information specific to OJD employee benefits. Public Service Loan Forgiveness OJD is an eligible employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. To learn more about this program, and how to qualify, please click here . Questions and Support
- If you require an alternate format to complete the application process, call 503-986-5930, or TTY: Oregon Relay Service 711 for the hearing impaired. Be prepared to describe the alternate format needed.
- Workday related information and resources are available here .
- For questions about a specific OJD job posting, call 503-986-5930.
The Oregon Judicial Department embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action. We are committed to building a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Data Entry ClerkHydroEstimated $39.8K - $50.3K a yearHydro Extrusions is a world-leading aluminium extrusion business counting around 100 production sites in 40 countries and employing 20,000 people. Through our unique3 hour agoShareMagnolia, AR 71753
Deputy Court Clerk ISouth Dakota State Government$19.29 an hour$1,000 New Hire Incentive Job ID: 23279 Agency: Unified Judicial System, Seventh Judicial Circuit6 hour agoShareRapid City, SD 57701
Courtesy Clerk/Grocery BaggerKroger StoresEstimated $23.9K - $30.2K a yearPart-timeDay shift +1Company Name: Kroger StoresPosition Type: EmployeeFLSA Status: Non-Exempt Position Summary: Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service.6 hour agoShareCollierville, TN 38017
Courtesy Clerk/Grocery BaggerBaker'sEstimated $20.3K - $25.7K a yearPart-timeDay shift +1Company Name: Baker'sPosition Type: EmployeeFLSA Status: Non-Exempt Essential Job Functions: Courtesy Clerk/Grocery Bagger is responsible for bagging groceries at6 hour agoShareOmaha, NE 68104
SECRETARYU.S. Pacific Fleet$54,067 - $70,286 a yearDuties You will control all correspondence pertinent to specific requirements; respond to mail not requiring direct management attention, route matters requiring13 hour agoSharePoint Mugu, CA