Director - Customer Analytics
There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy, and well-traveled. From employee-run "Business Resource Group" communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k, and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we care about our customers. To be the best airline in aviation history, we need to deliver the best service to our customers. And it takes a whole team of dedicated customer-focused advocates to make it happen! From our Contact Center to customer analytics, insights, innovation, and everything in between, the Customer Experience team delivers outstanding service and helps us to run a more customer-centric and dependable airline.
As Director of the Customer Analytics team, you play a meaningful role in making United Airlines the "airline of choice" for more customers. United Airlines uses a mixture of operational data and customer feedback to analyze performance and identify/prioritize opportunities to improve the customer experience across the full travel journey. You lead the team that serves as the central insights' engine that enables collaborators from across the enterprise to make informed decisions on behalf of our customers. This leadership role is an excellent opportunity to influence strategy and investment, and to see your insights put into action (not just a report). There is visibility and influence up to the highest levels of the company.
We are seeking curious, driven, and analytically oriented individuals who excel and influencing others through analysis, insights, and storytelling. A successful candidate will need to be able to partner with a wide variety of collaborators (e.g., Inflight Service, Airport Operations, Catering Operations, Marketing & Product Development) to understand their business and learning objectives. Pursuing those findings objectives, we use a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to produce the useful insights. This leader should be comfortable crafting research studies, working with large/mixed datasets to extract insights, distilling our findings into recommendations for collaborators, and packaging it all into a polished and cohesive story for senior executives.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities and strong business insight. It also requires a strong team leader that is capable at balancing the project workload across an experienced team of analytics and insights professionals (split across Chicago and Delhi). This leader will also be responsible for the budget and external relationships associated with key partnerships related to CX management and measurement (e.g., Qualtrics, Clarabridge, CSpace).Key Responsibilities:
- Function as customer insights advocate and represent the customer’s voice in business decisions. Champion insights across all levels of the organization. Stay ahead of internal/external trends, provide leadership, analytics, business insight and be a strong influencer to drive customer experience improvements through both physical & digital channels
- Lead day-to-day operation of customer insights functions including finding opportunities based on trend results and collaborating with stakeholders to drive actions. Help scope, structure, and implement projects. Manage deliverable timelines and stakeholder expectations. Effectively lead internal partnerships and external vendor relationships
- Mentor, counsel, and motivate the team to set and achieve individual and team goals as well as individual career development plans. Attract and retain top talent in this space.
- Find opportunities to improve customer insights and drive productivity and efficiency with our team. Propose new questions or ideas, explore new data sources, identify new analyses, analytical methodologies, or techniques.
- This position is Hybrid to Chicago and will require 10% travel.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5-7 years of team leadership experience
- At least 12 years of experience in analytical role (analysis, information science, data visualization or another relevant quantitative field)
- Familiarity with data from customer surveys, and customer experience metrics (e.g., NPS, CSAT)
- Must have excellent analytical competence including ability to develop sound insights across multiple data sources
- Ability to prepare executive level presentations is required
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Initiative, self-motivation and a strong sense of urgency are essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
- MBA or Master's Degree
- Understanding of airline operations and business drivers
- Experience with visualization tools preferred
- Expertise with quantitative analysis tools and querying relational databases (SQL, R, Python
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact [email protected] to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Warehouse Associate - Entry LevelFerguson Enterprises, LLC$16.07 - $24.10 an hourJob Posting: Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and3 day agoShareHalethorpe, MD 21227+126 locations
Freight CoordinatorBuckleEstimated $25K - $31.6K a yearNEW STORE OPENING SOON! Summary The Freight Coordinator position’s primary responsibility is to fulfill our mission statement, “to create the most3 day agoShareFenton, MO 63026+2 locations
Package Handler 1 Part-TimePitney Bowes$17 an hourPart-timeWeekend availability +2Job Description: Join our team and earn $17 per hour! Pitney Bowes is now hiring for Part Time Direct Hire Parcel Package Handler I positions in our Irving, TX3 day agoShareIrving, TX+2 locations
Software Engineer Senior - Run the BankPNC Financial Services GroupEstimated $94.8K - $120K a yearJob Profile Position Overview At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering3 day agoShareCleveland, OH 44135 (Puritas-Longmead area)+6 locations
Retail Sales RepresentativeExtra Space StorageEstimated $29.8K - $37.7K a yearFull-timeAs an Retail Sales Representative, you will have the opportunity to be part of a diverse team with an excellent company culture. We offer competitive wages, a great3 day agoShareDenville, NJ 07834+10 locations