Metallurgical / Mechanical Engineering Intern (Spring of 2019)
Consolidated Metco (www.conmet.com) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, interior plastic components and aluminum castings for the heavy truck market. We are a subsidiary of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of American's largest 100% employee-owned companies.
The ConMet team has an excellent internship opportunity for a Metallurgical / Mechanical Internstarting in late February or early March of 2019. This unique internship at ConMet will be based at our corporate HQ in Vancouver, Washington. For more info, visit our local careers page: http://conmet.com/locations/vancouver-wa-hq
Key duties in this internship include:
- Supporting plants with new materials/processes qualification and specification testing.
- Preparing samples for metallurgical evaluation, conducting metallurgical and mechanical testing to determine properties of materials in case needed
- Summarizing test results in report form and presenting investigation results
- Collection, organization and analysis of data to develop improvement activity
Possible projects include:
- Literature searches
- Investigating failed components
- Witnessing testing
- Metallographic preparation and interpretation
- Mechanical testing
- Analyzing data and problem solving utilizing a scientific approach
- Writing technical, summaries and presenting results
- At least 2 years completed in a University undergraduate Materials Science, Metallurgical and/or Mechanical Engineering degree program –OR– Currently enrolled in a similar Graduate level program. *Please note we may also consider local candidates who have already graduated and are seeking a "post-grad internship".
- Students must have an overall grade point average of 3.0
- Completion of Introduction to Materials (or
- Students must be proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must have excellent communication (written and verbal) and good interpersonal skills
- Experience in a manufacturing, metals and/or metals processing environment is a plus
Sponsorship: There is no visa sponsorship of any kind (including OPT or H1B) available for this position — all applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the US.
Compensation & Hours: This is a paid internshipwith the hourly rate based on variables including your Senior/Junior status and previous engineering internships. This is intended to be a full-time internship with 40 hours per week expected, however, highly qualified local candidates may be considered for a part-time internship.
Location: Please note that we are only considering Portland area candidates for this opportunity as there is no relocation assistance or housing allowance available for this internship and all interviews will be held in-person here at our HQ in early February 2019.
Internship timing: This internship is expected to begin in late February or early March of 2019 and is expected to last for 4 to 6 months.
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Internship, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $21.00 /hour
- manufacturing, metals and/or metals processing environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- metallurgical or mechanical degree program: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
Help Desk Analyst IRobert Half USSalary: $16 - 20/hr Location: West Palm Beach, FL Date Posted: April 19, 2019 Employment Type: Contract Job Reference: 01000-0010950189 Staffing Area:6 minute agoSharePalm Beach, FL
Desktop SupportRobert Half USSalary: $19 - 23/hr Location: Tampa, FL Date Posted: April 19, 2019 Employment Type: Contract Job Reference: 01070-9501902691 Staffing Area: Technology &6 minute agoShareTampa, FL
Software Dev EngineerAmazon.comJob Description<\/h2>Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being \u201cthe worlds most customer centric company.\u201d Our customers are worldwide, and include not6 minute agoShareSeattle, WA
Software Development Engineer in TestAmazon.comJob Description<\/h2>At Amazon, we're working to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience6 minute agoShareSeattle, WA
Loan Closer - SupportRobert Half USSalary: $21.85 - 25.30/hr Location: Plymouth, MN Date Posted: April 19, 2019 Employment Type: Temporary Job Reference: 02340-0010950831 Staffing Area:6 minute agoSharePlymouth, MN