Assistant Residence Coordinator
West Hartford, CT
Admin - Residence Life and Housing
The University of Saint Joseph, founded by the Sisters of Mercy, provides a rigorous liberal arts and professional education for a diverse student population in an inclusive environment that encourages strong ethical values, personal integrity, and a sense of responsibility to the needs of society.
At University of Saint Joseph, our mission statement profoundly resonates with our faculty and staff and serves as the foundation upon which our employment policy is built.
We seek to attract, develop and retain individuals who are committed to our mission. We are committed to providing an environment where diverse talents, perspectives, experiences and contributions are recognized, and one that promotes the "growth of the whole person" with resources that enable employees to meet professional and personal life needs.
The Assistant Residence Coordinator provides leadership for all features of the University's Undergraduate residence life program and community, comprised of approximately 425 of 1,250 students live in four traditional and two suite style halls.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Assist in maintenance of social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) for the department, student enrichment and development
- Assist RAs with programming requirements and manage programming paperwork
- Participate in the on-call duty rotation (evenings and weekends)
- Help residents resolve roommate conflicts
- Conduct low level judicial or disciplinary meetings with students
- Assists in major campus-wide events with Student Affairs staff
- Attend all departmental staff meetings and trainings
- Assist in the opening and closing of the residence halls
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Prior experience in Residence Life required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to function independently while
- Possess solid general computer skills, including ability to work in a Windows environment. Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet, and other programs as needed (e.g., mail merge, data base management).
- Excellent oral and written skills and ability to communicate comfortably with students, colleagues, and external constituents
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- Cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or employee population.
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism, leadership, creative problem solving, diplomacy, negotiation and sales skills, and the ability to manage complex projects with minimal supervision
- Professional, courteous demeanor and appearance; ability to work professionally with students, faculty, staff and administration and represent the University professionally to the public
- Commitment to the mission and core values of the University of Saint Joseph
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The University of Saint Joseph is building a culturally diverse faculty & staff and strongly encourages applications from women and people of color.
NON-DISCRIMINATION & TITLE IX
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Persons interested in the above position should apply online. Please submit:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter with salary requirements
You may add up to four additional files/documents after uploading your resume/CV; you will be directed to the upload page after you complete your contact information.
Returning Applicants: Login to review your completed application, add documents, or apply for an additional position.
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
The University of Saint Joseph is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
University of Saint Joseph
An EOE/M/F/D/V employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.Apply through Institution's Website
Â© Copyright 2019 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
Administrative AssistantRobert Half USSalary: $15 - 18/hr Location: BALTIMORE, MD Date Posted: April 24, 2019 Employment Type: Temporary Job Reference: 02000-0010957306 Staffing Area: Office &11 minute agoShareBaltimore, MD
Executive AssistantRobert Half USSalary: $36.10 - 41.80/hr Location: San Francisco, CA Date Posted: April 24, 2019 Employment Type: Temporary Job Reference: 00410-0010953376 Staffing Area:16 minute agoShareSan Francisco, CA
Front Desk CoordinatorRobert Half USSalary: $15.20 - 17.60/hr Location: WASHINGTON, DC Date Posted: April 24, 2019 Employment Type: Temporary Job Reference: 04514-0010956350 Staffing Area: Office23 minute agoShareWashington, D. C., D.C.
Medical ReceptionistRobert Half USSalary: $13 - 14/hr Location: Glendale, AZ Date Posted: April 24, 2019 Employment Type: Temporary Job Reference: 00216-9501910699 Staffing Area: Office &40 minute agoShareGlendale, AZ
Part-time Distribution Specialist - LouisvillePaylocityPlease attach a resume for consideration. This position offers a competitive hourly wage. Hours are Mon-Wed 12p-9p #SH Our award-winning culture has made this the place1 hour agoShareLouisville, KY