Production Team Leader - 1st Shift 1
Canada’s leader in the production of cookies, Leclerc also manufactures sugar wafers, snack bars, breakfast cereals, crackers, and chocolates. The thriving family company currently sells its products in more than twenty countries all over the world.
Leclerc is, and has always been, on the leading edge of technology and constantly works to ensure the complete satisfaction of its customers. Together with over 900 employees, the company builds on production processes and rigorous distribution networks in order to offer the highest quality products. For more than 110 years, Leclerc has successfully balanced innovation, freshness, and good taste, pleasing customers of all ages.
PRODUCTION TEAM LEAD
PRODUCTION - TEAM LEADER POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Team Leader is responsible for being the leadership resource to team members, providing knowledge, motivation, support and advice. He / She will encourage team effort and supportive attitudes between workers. In addition, the Team Leader is responsible for daily supervision of production activities and ensures that the production team is in compliance with company policies, programs and standards concerning safety, quality, and productivity.
- Assist the Production Manager by ensuring that employees follow safe practices, including but not limited to: Lock out Tag out, Proper lifting techniques, PPE; Report all unsafe activities;
- Ability to perform basic setup, operation, cleanup, for each line equipment;
- Ability to operate multi-function process control machinery (and ERP system) through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems to mix, blend, cook or otherwise process food products, and to bag, box or otherwise package food products;
- Maintaining production line operation by solving production process problems, making equipment adjustments, reporting production and quality data, reporting decisions made, referring questions to the production manager;
- Responsible for the overall product quality, processing, and packaging requirements and quantity needed for each run;
- Oversees the regular review and repair of production equipment to ensure that all lines are operating safely and efficiently;
- Provide leadership to others through example and the sharing of knowledge and skill;
- Motivate and encourage employees to attain production goals;
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees;
- Fosters an effective department relationship with Maintenance to ensure common understanding and agreement on priorities and maintenance schedule so as to deliver continuously improving reliability;
- Make sure that the team applies all established norms and regulations (HACCP, Leclerc Quality System) and all client requirements to ensure the product and packaging meet expectations.
- Communicates any problems or changes in production or quality to supervisor and appropriate personnel Monitors the equipment efficiency;
- Demonstrates a production floor presence and visible leadership, ensuring actions continually reinforce performance as a core value;
- Support performance on the production floor in matters of Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement and Productivity;
- Create and maintain POKA guides relative to all production operations;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In the event the Production Manager is unavailable (absence, vacation, training, etc.) the Production Team Leader will provide leadership to the team members and ensure that all tasks and duties of the team are being completed; Oversee the quality of work performed by the Production Team Members; Manage staff hours and submit to payroll; Must be willing and able to complete other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required;
- Previous manufacturing and/or food production related field experience is preferable;
- Knowledge of BRC, SQF, GMP and other food safety standard including HACCP or similar food industry regulations;
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other computer based application (I pad, One Note, etc.); Excellent communication and leadership skills; verbal and written;
- Demonstrate strong leadership and is detailed oriented;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and consistently changing environment;
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting through root cause problem solving;
- Excellent manual dexterity;
- Strong physical endurance;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs;
- Must be flexible with work hours and be able to work overtime and weekends when needed;
- This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods USA, Inc.
Joining Leclerc's dynamic and passionate team provides an opportunity to work every day to promote people’s well-being by offering high quality products. Would you like to build a career in a motivating work environment with nonstop exciting challenges? Please apply through the site.
Executive Assistant Human ResourcesWalt Disney CompanyAre you a born organizer? Do you keep your cool under pressure? Do you have experience supporting a high-level executive? And do you have a soft spot for Disney? If7 minute agoShareGlendale, CA 91222
Assembler InstallerBOEINGBecoming an Assembler Installer at The Boeing Company is an exciting opportunity to see multiple areas of the production system while working on different airplane17 minute agoShareRenton, WA
Receptionist (Temporary to Permanent)Rogers & CowanCompany Overview: As the worldwide leader in entertainment public relations, Rogers & Cowan specializes in developing publicity campaigns for entertainment,17 minute agoShareCentury City, CA
PackerTarget CorporationDescription: About us: Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics36 minute agoShareMidway, GA 31320
Merchandiser (PT/Days)PepsiCo$19.40 per hour CLICK HERE to view our Merchandiser Realistic Job Preview Video Position is responsible for product merchandising within large volume stores (Grocery,44 minute agoShareWilmington, MA