- Prepare grilled foods such as hamburgers, hot dogs, French fries, eggs, bacon, French toast, and pancakes.
- Operate steam cookers, deep-fry, grills, and other cooking equipment, reporting malfunctions.
- Prepare convenience food items, including prepared casseroles and vegetables, for serving by performing such duties as placing and removing from an oven or stove and setting heating temperature in accordance with specific instructions.
- Prepare and cook vegetables and fruits.
- Receive cash and balance out cash drawers.
- Prepare soups and gravies in accordance with specific instructions.
- Coordinate and perform the preparation, portioning and distribution of salads.
- Measure and weigh ingredients.
- Prepare hot chocolate, hot cereals, coffee, and toast.
- Combine salad ingredients in accordance with specific instructions.
- Clean, slice, dice, chop, and peel fruits and vegetables.
- Operate mixing machines, toasters, slicers, and choppers.
- Portion and serve food over a counter and from a steam table.
- Prepare hot and cold sandwiches and canned soups.
- Receive and store supplies.
- Portion salads and desserts and unmold Jello.
- Operate a soda fountain by performing such duties as the preparation and serving of beverages.
- Clean equipment, counters, utensils and assigned areas of work.
- Ability to read and write English and interpret instructions. Must have the ability to work in a diverse, fast paced customer service environment.
- Must have prior food production experience.
- Must be able to work as a productive member of a team.
- Experience as a short order cook or line cook in a restaurant; knowledge of the methods and equipment used in the preparation and serving of food. Must have good customer service skills. Ability to move and transport items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Maintain a static position for extended periods of time while preparing food.
- Able to move quickly throughout the kitchen and dining hall as needed.
- Able to legally work in the United States.
- Drive for Excellence
- Business and Industry Knowledge
- Strategic Planning & Leadership
- Operational Management
- Fiscal Stewardship
- Customer Satisfaction and Communication
- Human Resource Management & Development
- Working with Diverse Constituencies
- ServSafe Certification
- Banquet production experience
- Prior University experience
- Culinary education
Department - Michigan Dining - Maizie's
Hourly pay rate: $16.77 - $17.32
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the AFSCME union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Lead assistant deli/seafood managerdierbergs marketsJob Description Purpose: The Lead Assistant Deli/Seafood Manager works as part of the management team to provide quality products while ensuring that each customer1 hour agoShareSaint Louis, MO
CookAllina HealthAllina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and8 hour agoShareFaribault County, MN
Advanced Care Technician (ACT) - AnesthesiaCook Children's Health Care SystemThe Advanced Care Technician assists in the acquisition, preparation and application of anesthesia equipment and supplies, as delegated by a licensed anesthesia12 hour agoShareFort Worth, TX
PM Line Cook/Kitchen TeamNorthstar Cafe in Uptown WestervilleCome join an amazing kitchen team with an awesome culture! We are a high standards, high volume kitchen that prides itself on being the best. We are in search of a PM12 hour agoShareWesterville, OH
NIGHT LINE COOK!Mels Drive-inLINE COOK - Mel’s Drive-in is looking for an experienced line cook. NOTE: Open availability required, we operate 24/7. Applicants must be available for all12 hour agoShareWest Hollywood, CA