Dean of Student Development - Sylvania Campus
- Admin - Student Affairs and Services
- Executive - Deans - Other
Full-TimeRequisition ID: req340
Department Office of Dean of Students
Campus: SY-Sylvania Campus
Employment Type Administrative-Full Time
Best Consideration Date 7/26/2019
Portland Community College is seeking a Dean of Student Development at the Sylvania Campus.
We are looking for a leader who brings a holistic approach, and demonstrates the ability to build and sustain a culture of collaboration and inclusion, in support of equitable student success. In this role, it will be critical for you to establish a shared vision among the on-campus programs and centers serving Sylvania students, and to bring strategic and thoughtful advocacy at the district-level.
The official responsibilities of the Dean of Student Development are to provide campus, district and state leadership in planning, implementing, and evaluating student service programs, as well as overseeing the student support programs, such as counseling, career planning and placement, tutoring, and cooperative education. An extremely important part of this role at PCC is to bring a student. centered priority and advocacy, a passion for inspiring learning, and an understanding of the unique aspects of the needs of community college students, to the administration of these critical programs. The successful candidate will utilize knowledge of the teaching and learning process, including assessment of learning outcomes and program evaluation, on a daily basis, coupled with a deep understanding of the value of diversity and intercultural competency, and a strong social justice lens, to impact the lives and equitable success of our students.
If this sounds like a community that you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play, please review the qualifications below and apply today!
Here is our Intended Recruitment Timeline:
- Job Announcement Published - June 14, 2019
- Best Consideration Date - July 26, 2019
- Semi-finalists Interviews - Week of August 26, 2019
- Finalists Interviews - October, 2019
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/management-jobs/dean/Candidate Profile
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
In your cover letter, please state in detail how you meet the minimum and job success qualifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and successful application of student development theory to holistically support equitable student success, care and retention (working knowledge of Title IX, FERPA, confidentiality, ADA, trauma-informed approach)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with faculty and academic deans on student care and conduct situations.
- Understands the value of diversity and intercultural competency, and able to demonstrate the positive and effective impact of strong interpersonal, intercultural, and communication skills (written and verbal) in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated advocacy for the needs of marginalized students; including success identifying and interrupting system/systemic barriers.
- Demonstrated capacity for flexibility, adaptability, and success in issue and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated facility with, and understanding value of, using data for decision-making and planning
- Demonstrated success building internal and external partnerships and grant funding to leverage in order to increase capacity, opening pipelines, etc.
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- Master's Degree
- Eight (8) years progressively responsible college administration experience in student services, enrollment, or instruction
Important Knowledge and Skills Knowledge of:
- Leadership and managerial principles;
- Budgeting principles and practices;
- Contract management principles and practices;
- Accreditation standards;
- Conflict mediation principles and practices;
- Public relations principles; - Strategic management principles and practices;
- Program management and development principles;
- Higher education principles and practices.
- Directing and providing leadership to subordinate staff;
- Providing strategic leadership;
- Planning, implementing, improving, and evaluating broad-based programs, policies, and procedures;
- Directing the development and management of budgets;
- Assisting in the administration of campus operations;
- Evaluating assigned programmatic area for compliance with applicable regulations and accreditation requirements;
- Speaking in public;
- Evaluating research to identify potential solutions, resolve problems, or provide information;
- Mediating conflict;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Utilizing computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities;
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
Starting Salary Expectations
Minimum $98,369 to range mid-point of $120,504. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.Position Grade Salary Range $98369 to $142636 Annual Salary
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. After one year of management or confidential service, PCC also provides a 2% contribution to a 403(b) account for eligible management and confidential personnel. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age, as well as partial tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- 14.67 hours of vacation leave per month
- 1 day of sick leave per month
- 11 holidays
- 3 additional personal leave days per year
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr.benefits
View a complete list of PCC benefits.Working Conditions and Physical Requirements Work is generally performed in an office environment with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. Working hours may vary and occasional evening or weekend work is required. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handling of everyday objects and materials is needed to perform the job satisfactorily.
Background Check Required: Yes
Portland Community College
As an AA/EEO institution, PCC continues to promote staff diversity. Minorities, women, veterans, disabled veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation will be considered in compliance with the ADA.Apply through Institution's Website
© Copyright 2019 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
Executive Assistant Human ResourcesWalt Disney CompanyAre you a born organizer? Do you keep your cool under pressure? Do you have experience supporting a high-level executive? And do you have a soft spot for Disney? If6 minute agoShareGlendale, CA 91222
Facilities ManagerCBREJOB SUMMARY The purpose of this position is to manage multiple functions of building operations and maintenance for a facility, campus or portfolio of buildings.43 minute agoShareCharlotte, NC
Key HolderClaire'sClaire's - A Career that's always in style 3rd Key Holder Opportunity About the Role As a 3rd Keyholder at Claires, you will be responsible for: Supporting43 minute agoShareGreenville, SC
IT Business Systems Analyst with Workday experienceVirtusaEstablished in 1998, eTouch Systems is a technology services company that specializes in Digital Web Engineering. We deliver technology services and accelerate growth43 minute agoShareSan Jose, CA