Industry Teacher, Drafting (Solidworks) (916-801)
Admin - Adult and Continuing Education Programs
POSITION TYPE:Part-Time Non-Benefited
DEPARTMENT:Business & Manufacturing Programs
RESPONSIBLE TO:Director, Business & Manufacturing Programs
ESTIMATED CLOSING DATE:Until Filled
A WD instructor will be expected to effectively demonstrate support of program education; provide a positive, supportive and professional atmosphere for students and instructors; provide a positive and encouraging atmosphere for individuals in achieving their goal of successfully completing their program of study. In addition, the instructor will contribute to the effectiveness and quality of the program; and provide constructive, supportive behavioral feedback to improve the quality of education and customer service.
All applicants must include a resume.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Instructors teach assigned classes in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
- Deliver the approved course of study as outlined in the syllabus, maintaining a student-oriented approach to education.
- Prepare and/or gather current instructional materials and equipment and use available technological equipment and methods for delivery.
- Provide individual and group instruction.
- Modify instructional material and methods based on program coordinator assessments and feedback.
- Implement & evaluate new instructional technologies.
- Evaluate student learning and teaching effectiveness through written, oral, practical and/or performance testing, ensuring that what
- Provide frequent feedback to students regarding individual progress in each course.
- Manage and supervise students in all assigned classroom and laboratory activities (substitute personnel must be approved by Program Manager).
- Maintain discipline in the classroom and laboratory.
- Recommend and assist Program Coordinator/Program Manager in preparing curriculum revisions.
- Work with advisory committee and program coordinator to meet changing needs of the program and industry.
- Attend and participate in scheduled meetings.
- Maintain current knowledge of technology in the field.
- Training and specialized knowledge in Computer Drafting (SOLIDWORKSÂ® Software, latest edition)
- Computer Drafting training and experience on SOLIDWORKSÂ®, latest edition, computer drafting software
- 5 years of experience in the field specific to computer drafting
- Certification in discipline and experience
- Work experience related to instruction
- Strong familiarity with technician training needs
- Knowledge of adult learning methodology
- Proficiency in usage of internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications
- Train the trainer, teacher training course, or equivalent. Can be provided upon employment
- Specific experience teaching and/or training on SOLIDWORKSÂ®, latest edition, computer drafting software in an industry, commercial, or community education setting preferred
- AutoCAD, SOLIDWORKS, and Revit computer drafting experience & training experience preferred
$18.00 - $27.60 per hour
College of Western Idaho
Â© Copyright 2019 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
Sr. Endpoint Security EngineerLabCorpLocation Burlington, North Carolina Job ID 19-77608 Laboratory Corporation of America is seeking an Endpoint and Server Security Engineer to join the Office of13 minute agoShareCarolina, NC
Data Center TechnicianAmazon.comJob Description<\/h2>Data Center Technician Amazon is seeking adventurous IT and maintenance professionals for our Amazon Web Services Team. These future25 minute agoShareWarrenton, VA
Data Center Technician (Night Shift)Amazon.comData Center Technician (Night Shift) Amazon.com Woodbury, TN 37190 Apply Now Apply on the Company Site Job Description<\/h2>Data Center Technicians are25 minute agoShareWoodbury, TN
Sr. Software Development EngineerAmazon.comJob Description<\/h2>Amazon is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer for a new initiative within Alexa search. Alexa search is part of our ongoing25 minute agoShareSeattle, WA
Manager, Vendor ManagementAmazon.com6 hours Manager, Vendor Management Amazon.com Seattle, WA 98104 Apply Now Apply on the Company Site Job Description<\/h2>Amazon is looking for a26 minute agoShareSeattle, WA