Salary: $60,342 - $83,034
Department name: 10002828-SOM Der Cosmetic Center
Work Schedule/Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Location: 10755 Falls Rd, Suite 350
Personnel area: School of Medicine
This position will serve as part of a comprehensive team of health care professionals providing high quality outpatient care in the Department of Dermatology, in medical, procedure and cosmetic clinics. Under the direction of the Greenspring Station Clinic Medical Director and the Clinic Manager, the Clinical Nurse will serve to provide high quality care, teaching and service to patients as part of a team of faculty and staff. Engages in decision-making and the implantation of therapeutic actions alone and in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team. Assists with minor surgical and laser procedures and coordinates pre- and post-op care. Functions as a resource person to fellow nursing staff, medical staff, trainees, patients and family members.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
Patient Communications & Patient Care
- Communicates, consults and collaborates with other units/departments to assist in the comprehensive care of patients
- Triages and answers patient calls, and calls in prescriptions under the direction of a physican order. Ensures patient and physician calls are returned in a timely manner, and all patient interactions are documented appropriately in EPR or as specified
- Answers questions from patients regarding physician instructions, medications, prescription refills, biopsy results, and/or other aspects of clinical care
- Function as liaison between dermatologists, primary care providers, nurse case manager, inpatient personnel and health care professions in other specialties
- Retrieves lab results, coordinates physician sign-off results, and calls patients with results according to clinical protocol
- Provides crisis intervention as needed and triages complex cases; practices case management to ensure longitudinal care for patients and coordinates scheduling of complicated patient treatment courses within the divisions of Dermatology
- Assists and/or oversees preparation of materials and solutions related to specimen preparation for skin biopsies
- Assists physicians in the clinic and during minor surgery and procedures including but not limited to biopsies, injections, laser treatments, excisions, microdermabrasion, chemical peels and photodynamic light therapy in accordance with Maryland Board of Nursing guidelines
Teaching & Learning:
- Assumes major role in patient and staff teaching both in groups and individually. With other team members, provides counseling and support to patients seeking medical, procedural and cosmetic services
- Assists with providing training and/or competencies for staff
- Maintains educational requirements relevant to this discipline to enhance self development and improve the quality of patient care
Operational Compliance & Flow:
- Participates in ensuring a smooth operational clinic flow. Identifies barriers to service and creates solutions to ensure timely, safe, patient-centered care
- Participates in ensuring compliance with The Joint Commission regulatory measure, lab certifications, and ambulatory site standards
Equipment, Machine or Tool Requirements:
- Basic office equipment (daily)
- Physiologic monitoring/ patient care equipment, e.g. defibrillator, cardiac monitor (rarely)
- Dermatology clinical practice equipment
- Laser equipment â ensures routine maintenance is completed
- Photodynamic light therapy equipment
Scope of Responsibility:
- Knows the informal and formal department goals, standards, policies and procedures, which may include some
- Carries out duties and responsibilities with limited supervision. Makes decisions and establishes work priorities on essential procedure orientated operations. Exchanges non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate requiring good oral and written communication skills. Practices service recovery and demonstrates service excellence in all aspects of the job.
- Other: Performs additional duties as assigned and required by divisional circumstances
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, ability for self-direction and initiation required. Demonstrated ability to function as a leader and team player. Extraordinary customer service skills. Basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required
- Individual must be a registered nurse, licensed in the State of Maryland or state where practicing. Bachelor's degree in nursing or related discipline preferred. Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross CPR certification required. Must maintain current licensure and certification during duration of employment. Acceptable completion of the JHH credentialing process is required within two weeks of start date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at **************@jhu.edu. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
JH at Greenspring Station
School Nurse - RN- Per DiemCerebral Palsy of North JerseyTITLE: Registered Nurse, Horizon School- Per Diem SUMMARY: Provides direct nursing care for students with disabilities and staff as needed DUTIES: Provides nursing care30 minute agoShareLivingston, NJ
Registered Nurse MBU Part Time DaysAdventist Health SystemJob DescriptionDescription\"Registered Nurse MBU Part Time Days\" AdventHealth Tampa Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613 Top Reasons to Work54 minute agoShareTampa, FL
Home Health Registered Nurse FT Days - ZephyrhillsAdventist Health SystemSHIFT TIMES FT Days PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Comply with all department policies, procedures, practices and standards of care. Admit new patients1 hour agoShareZephyrhills, FL
ADVENT HEALTH - CENTRA CARE X-RAY TECHNICIAN - RT - LEESBURGAdventHealth Centra CareJob DescriptionGENERAL SUMMARY: Reporting to the PracticeManager and under the supervision of the Providers, the X-Ray Technician caresfor patients and performs a wide1 hour agoShareLeesburg, FL
Social Worker LICSW Required (Location-Silverdale, 1.0)Kaiser Permanente**This posting is for a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) to provide a wide range of integrated behavioral health services as a core member of the1 hour agoShareSilverdale, WA