Clinical Placement Coordinator, Health Sciences
Grand Junction, CO
Admin - Career Counseling and Placement
Full-TimeJob Title: Clinical Placement Coordinator, Health Sciences
Department: Health Sciences
Position No. AF0366
Employment Type: Administrative
Salary: $39,000.00 - 40,000.00. Commensurate with education and experience. Excellent health and retirement benefits package.
Application: Submit a cover letter, resume or CV, . (Official transcripts will be required upon hire. Unofficial transcripts may be requested for top candidates.)
Application Deadline: Open until filled. To ensure consideration, complete applications must be received by 3/29/2019
Direct Inquiries Contact: Robin Hood, *****@coloradomesa.edu
This Clinical Placement Coordinator works within the Department of Health Sciences and is responsible for complex administrative duties collaborating with Program Coordinators and Faculty, as well as personnel at clinical sites to facilitate placement of students for clinical rotations in all department programs. This person would have thorough knowledge of the clinical placement software programs used and be responsible for collection of data including surveys, evaluations, and student records necessary for clinical placement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- â Provides professional assistance to the Director of Health Sciences, Program Coordinator, Health Sciences Faculty and clinical site personnel.
- â Acts as a liaison between university faculty and clinical agencies to place students in appropriate learning settings. Actively fosters relationships with community partners. Provides clear and accurate information to constituents in a timely manner and with exceptional professionalism. Maintains confidentiality, and exercises good judgment in sharing information.
- â Creates and maintains clinical student databases to collect student information and coordinate placement at clinical sites. Creates and manages clinical preceptor databases.
- â Develops, implements and improves tracking systems to monitor requests, eligibility, and receipt of appropriate documentation at key points in time.
- â Manages the placement of students in various clinical settings (hospitals, clinics, medical offices, long term care, health-care agencies, etc.). Maintains correspondence with clinical sites to ensure coordination of student rotations.
- â Collaborates with other professional clinical staff (internal and external) to manage student clinical rotations.
- â Identify facility requirements at each clinical placement location and communicate these clinical entry requirements to instructors and student groups in a timely manner.
- â Keeps records of these facility requirements, updating them as required when the facility changes their expectations.
- â Manages the evaluation of clinical sites for appropriate clinical experiences. Provides results to faculty. Makes changes if necessary.
- â Establishes and maintains good working relationships with agency representatives where students are sent to sustain a variety of clinical placements for health science students.
- â Alerts the Director to potential problematic issues or circumstances. Researches various complaints and/or situations as they arise and advises Director.
- â Synthesizes and analyzes student evaluations of clinical sites for review by faculty.
- â Coordinates with program external advisory committees, community health networks, hospital and clinics to develop, initiate, organize and maintain clinical affiliation agreements.
- â Assures compliance of student and clinical faculty
- â Notifies students of clinical service learning opportunities (health fairs, flu shot clinics, etc.)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- â Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- â Minimum of two years' related experience.
- â Experience in a direct support relationship in an institution of higher education or similar type organization.
- â Demonstrate collaborative skills to work with multiple clinical agencies.
- â Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- â Have an understanding of the vocabulary in health care and the educational experience of the health science students.
- â Possess excellent organizational skills.
- â Demonstrate knowledge in databases (MyClinical Exchange, Typhon, Word, Excel Microsoft Office) and computer skills.
- â Work in a setting with multiple programs and faculty.
- â Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- â Graduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- â Experience in a health science or medical setting.
Colorado Mesa University is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and who have a demonstrated commitment to improving the levels of access and success for underrepresented students within higher education.
Colorado Mesa University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. Applicant must be able to verify U.S. employment eligibility. Colorado Mesa University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staff and student body. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact the CMU Human Resources Office by phone or email. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed.
Colorado Mesa University
Online App. Form:https://apptrkr.com/1411607
Colorado Mesa University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. Applicant must be able to verify U.S. employment eligibility. Colorado Mesa University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staff and student body. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.Apply through Institution's Website
Â© Copyright 2019 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
Evening Housekeeper (Part Time)Calistoga RanchPosition Overview: Will provide guest service and clean guest rooms as assigned, ensuring the hotel's established standards of cleanliness. Responsible for reporting any18 minute agoShareCalistoga, CA
Business Development ManagerExovaBusiness Development Manager Overview Element has an opportunity for a Business Development Manager responsible for named accounts within our Oil and Gas Sector. In18 minute agoShareHouston, TX
Bilingual Customer Success Specialist (Spanish/English)Customer Success Specialist (Bilingual Spanish/English)Who is Geotab: Imagine millions of vehicles driving across the globe 24/7. Next, imagine that you collected rich22 minute agoShareOntario, CA
Asistente de Habitación (Housekeeper)Calistoga RanchDescripción de la posición: Proporcionará servicio al huésped y limpiar habitaciones asignadas, garantizando los estándares de22 minute agoShareCalistoga, CA
In Room Dining AttendantSolagePosition Overview: The In Room Dining Attendant is responsible for ensuring that all Resort guests have the highest quality food and beverage in-room dining experience23 minute agoShareCalistoga, CA