23-119 Associate Dean for the College of Arts and Humanities (Manager 220)
West Chester University proudly offers a positive and purposeful work environment; comprehensive employee benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance along with many wellness programs; generous retirement plans; a commitment to work-life balance including generous paid vacation, paid sick time, military leave and paid time off for most major holidays; and a University mission to support employee personal and professional growth including a tuition waiver for self and family members, training and development, and advancement opportunities.
The College of Arts and Humanities is dedicated to fostering creativity, curiosity, civic engagement, and critical thinking through a rich liberal arts curriculum that instills a capacity for productive action. The Faculty and Staff are active scholars and professionals who love teaching and are committed to student success, diversity, and ethical communication.
Reporting directly to the Dean of the College of Arts and Humanities (CARHU), the Associate Dean assists in the operation, planning, and management of the College. The Associate Dean provides strategic leadership for assurance of student learning, program assessment and review, and curriculum development. Working collaboratively with the Dean’s staff, departments, and other units, the incumbent provides oversight on the grant process; provide administrative & technical leadership in support of faculty grant funding application & submission for research; liaison with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs to obtain external finding; serve as a College representative to external grants agencies and institutions as needed; ensure that the research operations are in compliance with all relevant governing requirements and regulations. As a visible face of CARHU, the Associate Dean serves a key role; works closely with University senior management; develops and maintains collaborative relationships with internal & external constituents; represents the division and may occasionally stand-in for the Dean. In partnership with appropriate University units and CARHU’s personnel, this position coordinates the College’s events, retentions efforts, and communications.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to develop and communicate the vision, mission, goals of the College. This individual will also mentor, develop, and supervise the professional staff and team members while directing daily workflow and operations. Leveraging establishing industry experience and expertise, the incumbent will identify and bring forth new ideas and opportunities that will improve CARHU’s operating effectiveness and efficiency. The person will possess skills needed to support differing disciplinary and circular needs of the College of the Arts and Humanities. The individual will develop and maintain collaborative relationships with University partners and external entities in pursuant of the College’s goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the Dean to develop and execute CARHU’s mission and vision. Serve as a member of the Dean’s leadership team. In coordination with the Dean, the Associate Dean will have departmental leadership and interdisciplinary program oversight; provide leadership and support for departments in CARHU’s Art + Design, Communication and Media, English, History, Languages and Cultures, Philosophy, Theatre and Dance, and Women’s and Gender Studies departments; administer CARHU’s interdisciplinary programs and centers including African American Studies, Digital Humanities, Ethnic Studies, Holocaust and Genocide Studies, Journalism, Latin American and LatinX Studies, Linguistics, Peace and Conflict Studies, Rustin Community Change, and the Poetry Center.
- Assist the Dean in matters related to departmental scheduling, workload, budgets, and talent management; policy implementation, procedures, and guidelines.
- Direct oversight of temporary faculty evaluation processes.
- Oversee the work of the Faculty Associate for Curriculum and Program Review.
- Establish and maintain constructive partnerships with College stakeholders. Meet regularly with College direct reports, faculty, and staff.
- Supervise, develop, and mentor professional staff & team members.
- Maintain current knowledge of the collective bargaining agreements for faculty and staff within the College.
- Represent the College and/or stand-in for the Dean at events and activities as needed. Serve the University and the community through participation in various committees. Work collaboratively with University partners as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An earned doctoral or terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution in a discipline appropriate to the College of the Arts and Humanities.
- Earned tenure (rank of Associate Professor or higher) at a regionally accredited institution with a strong academic background in teaching, research, service, and scholarship in a discipline appropriate to the College of the Arts and Humanities.
- Experience with program development and assessment.
- Demonstrated experience leading and supporting faculty and staff. Possess the ability to handle complex and multiple tasks with competing priorities and/work deadlines in a professional and efficient manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral. Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse population across multiple levels.
- Administrative experience at the level of Associate Dean, Department Chairperson, Assistant Chairperson, or other significant college or university leadership position; and/or
- Experience overseeing a fully functional assurance of learning (assessment) program; and/or
- Experience supervising and developing staff; and/or
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment; and/or
- Experience with the development of distance education programs; and/or
- Experience with initiating and administering grants and partnerships.
Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits package includes tuition fee waiver for self and dependents.
Candidates should apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/wcupa. Electronic application allows for cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references (required). Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest addressing the minimum qualifications and experiences connected with the duties of the position, along with a recent CV.
Applicants must successfully complete the interview process to be considered as a finalist. References will not be contacted until the candidate has been notified.
Review of applications will begin March 21, 2023 and continue until position is filled. Position
begins July 1, 2023.
Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty and staff advances WCU’s educational mission and strategic Plan for Excellence. West Chester University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.
MANAGERS (Non-Represented Employees)
Benefits available to permanent, full time employee or permanent, part time employee who is scheduled to work every pay period for at least 50% of full time.
Health Care Coverage
MEDICAL COVERAGE – effective with date of hire
Nonrepresented employees (Managers) are eligible to enroll in Highmark Preferred Provider Organization (PPOBlue). Newly hired employees pay 18% of coverage cost. Continuation of 18% cost for PPO Blue is contingent on participation in wellness program with non-participants paying 28% of coverage cost.
For employees hired on or after July 1, 2013 – if spouse or same-sex domestic partner are eligible for coverage under their own employer's plan, they are required to enroll in their own employer's plan as their primary coverage as a condition for eligibility for secondary coverage under the State System plan.
PPO Blue Plan from Highmark Blue Shield includes -
- In-network benefits include office visits subject to applicable copayment; $250 individual/$500 family annual deductible; 10% coinsurance after satisfying deductible; and preventive services at 100%
- Out-of-network benefits include $500 individual/$1,000 family annual deductible; 30% coinsurance after satisfying deductible
PRESCRIPTION DRUG COVERAGE
Prescription drug coverage is included as part of the medical coverage, administered by Highmark Blue Shield and includes both retail and mail-order pharmacy coverage. Co-payments of $10 (generic), $30 (brand name formulary) and $50 (brand name non-formulary) for retail.
SUPPLEMENTAL BENEFITS COVERAGE
Includes coverage for dental (administered by United Concordia) and vision (administered by National Vision Administrators).
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS
Pay for select medical and child care expenses on a pre-tax basis through payroll deductions. The Medical Reimbursement Account includes a debit card for immediate access.
GROUP LIFE INSURANCE
Term life policy provided by the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education for permanent managers is based on one-time salary up to a maximum of $50,000
VOLUNTARY LONG-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
Income protection equal to 60% of gross annual base salary to a maximum of $5,000 monthly benefit with an option for a 90-day or 180-day benefit elimination period.
VOLUNTARY GROUP LIFE & PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
Optional Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance for eligible managers and their family, with premium contributions made through payroll deduction. Maximum employee coverage is five times annual salary up to $500,000.
RETIREMENT PLAN OPTIONS (choose one):
Defined Benefit Plan* - State Employees' Retirement System (SERS)
Retirement income is based on a fixed formula that considers your years of service, age, and final average salary. The retirement benefit amount for vested participants is guaranteed and not affected by the investment earnings of the plan. Participants are 100% vested after 10 years of service (5 years if enrolled prior to January 1st, 2011). Visit the SERS website http://www.sers.pa.gov for more information.
Defined Contribution Plan - Alternative Retirement Plan (ARP)
Retirement income from the ARP plan is determined by your account balance at the time of retirement, which is comprised of your employee contributions (5% of salary), the State System contributions (9.29% of salary) and any investment earnings based on the performance of the investments you choose. Participants are 100% vested from date of enrollment. Employees may enroll in any of the three available vendors, Fidelity, TIAA-CREF or VALIC.
- The Public School Employees' Retirement System (PSERS) is a defined benefit plan for Pennsylvania's public school employees. If you are a current member of PSERS, the State System is able to continue your enrollment in PSERS or you may elect SERS and opt for multiple service which combines service in both SERS and PSERS to receive a single retirement benefit, or you may enroll in the ARP plan.
SUPPLEMENTAL RETIREMENT PLAN OPTIONS
Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education faculty members have the option to contribute additional pre-tax funds for retirement. You can choose either or both a 403(b) plan (Tax Sheltered Annuity) and/or the 457 plan (Deferred Compensation). Roth 457 after-tax pay option is also available.
STATE EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The State Employee Assistance Program (SEAP) is a confidential program which provides a wide range of no-cost services to address a broad range of problems. This program is administered by the Commonwealth's Office of Administration who has contracted with United Behavioral Health (UBH) to provide SEAP services. Employees and family members are entitled to up to three (3) counseling sessions at no charge. SEAP's phone number is 1-800-692-7459.
University or PASSHE's Board of Governor's policy applies.
Paid leave is earned based on a percentage of regular hours paid bi-weekly and the manager's years of service. For new hires, employees are entitled to 10.4 days in the first year of service.
Paid leave is earned at 6% of regular hours paid bi-weekly which equates to 15.6 days annually.
Six (6) personal days are earned annually.
This summary highlights the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Health Program, Management Benefits Program, and leave entitlements for System managers (Non-represented employees). The benefits described are available to most employees; however, certain eligibility requirements must be met.
Information is provided for general purposes only. Legal Plan Documents will govern any discrepancies that may arise. For additional information concerning these benefits, contact your human resources office. Additional information is also available at http://www.passhe.edu/inside/hr/syshr/Pages/unit_info.aspx?q=managers. Benefits, benefit levels, and eligibility rules are subject to change.
Benefit Marketing Analyst - RemoteOneDigitalEstimated $61.8K - $78.2K a yearFull-timeAre you looking to accelerate your career without having to hide your authentic self - a place where you can be you? A career that’s making a bigger impact on the1 hour agoShareRemote
2022-2023 School Aide Posting - I.S. 220NYC Department of Education2022-2023 School Aide Posting - I.S. 220 Posted Date: Mar 29, 2023 Deadline: Apr 19, 2023 Job Details General Duties and2 hour agoShareBrooklyn, NY 11220 (Sunset Park area)
Manager, Beer CultureAnheuser-Busch$94,400 - $112,100 a yearFull-timeDreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world’s most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real2 hour agoShareSt. Louis, MO+4 locations
ScholarPrep Navigator IThe Village Method$15 - $20 an hourPart-timeScholarPrep Nation (SPN), is a virtual Afrocentric college access program for young scholars 8th - 12th grade. ScholarPrep Nation brings together talented and2 hour agoShareRemote
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE ASSOCIATEDraftKingsFull-timeDay shift +1REMOTE - VIRGINIA CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE PM_JR3386 FULL TIME At DraftKings, we're inspired by our shared passion for3 hour agoShareVirginia+4 locations