- Advise continuing students each semester prior to registration; update the semester guide prior to the advising meeting.
- Evaluate transcripts and advise new prospective undergraduate and second degree students on the applicability of transfer credit for College of Business and Economic Development program requirements; prepare semester guides for new students showing courses completed; and meets individually with new students who missed Preview (orientation).
- Audit and approve applications for degree for undergraduate CBED students and meet with students when filing for degree to discuss GPA requirements; course requirements, residency requirements, and final-processing procedures.
- Advise and coach students on Probation, Probation Continued, and Suspension; hold signature authority for the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education related to Exceptions in SOAR, Probation, Probation Continued, and Suspension student's SOAR holds.
- Answers questions from faculty, staff, and general public regarding degree requirements for CBED and College policies and University policies regarding enrollment; notifies faculty, staff, and students of important dates.
- Ensure student degree progress report is accurate in SOAR; process course substitutions in business core and general education core; process add/drop/withdrawal of classes, change of major/minor/certificate applications, overloads on classes and prerequisite for classes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and one year of related experience and/or training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA)
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to occasionally travel or work nights/weekends
- Ability to effectively present information to small and large audiences
- Strong written communication skills, including email and postal correspondence, as well as reports and procedural manuals.
Master's degree from an accredited college or university; an educational background in business.
About The University of Southern Mississippi
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) is a comprehensive public research institution delivering transformative programs on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, at teaching and research sites across the Mississippi Gulf Coast, as well as online. Founded in 1910, USM is one of only 131 universities in the nation to earn the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education's "R1: Doctoral Universities - Very high research activity" designation, and its robust research enterprise includes experts in ocean science and engineering, polymer science and engineering, and large event venue safety and security, among others. USM is also one of only 37 institutions in the nation accredited in theatre, art and design, dance and music. As an economic driver, USM generates an annual economic impact of more than $600 million across the state. USM welcomes a diverse student body of more than 14,000, representing 71 countries, all 50 states, and every county in Mississippi. USM students have collected four Truman Scholarships and 37 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships, while also leading Mississippi with 27 Goldwater Scholarships, an honor that recognizes the next generation of great research scientists. Home to the Golden Eagles, USM competes in 17 Division I sports sponsored by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). For more information, visit www.usm.edu.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabilities Act institution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Student & TES)Auburn University$48,700 - $82,800 a yearFull-timePosition Details Position Information Requisition Number S2358P1 hour agoShareAuburn, AL
23-119 Associate Dean for the College of Arts and Humanities (Manager 220)West Chester University of PennsylvaniaUp to $500,000 a yearFull-timePosition Summary Join a vibrant equity-minded campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success. The Dean of3 hour agoShareWest Chester, PA
Image Analysis ScientistBio-techne$89,000 - $134,000 a yearFull-timeBy joining Bio-Techne, you’ll join a company with a powerful and positive purpose of enabling cutting-edge research in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.7 hour agoShareNewark, CA 94560+2 locations
Inpatient Unit ClerkUniversity of MichiganPart-time8 hour shift +4How to Apply A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should13 hour agoShareAnn Arbor, MI 48109
Director, Research and Analysis, Refugee ProtectionHuman Rights First$110,000 - $130,000 a yearFull-timeJOB TITLE: DIRECTOR, RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS, REFUGEE PROTECTION LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY; WASHINGTON, DC; LOS ANGELES; OR REMOTE REPORTS TO: SENIOR DIRECTOR,15 hour agoShareRemote in New York, NY