Admissions Representative (Online/Remote)
American Public University System
This is an Online/Fully-Remote role.
The Admissions Representative is the “front line” resource of the University for assisting new and prospective students interested in attending American Military University and American Public University, expected to help students make enrollment decisions, review documents, and make admissions decisions regarding student fulfillment of admissions requirements. Admissions Representatives use marketing materials/opportunities provided by American Public University System (APUS) to serve assigned prospects or applicants.
**This position requires engagement in student recruitment, admissions and/or financial aid activities, and therefore, is ineligible to receive certain types of incentive compensation.**
- Provides immediate and ongoing information to prospects and students in an efficient, timely manner, either via telephone, e-mail, or other electronic
- Protects the privacy of student accounts through compliance with federal student privacy law (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act).
- Evaluate the academic records and documents of prospective and new students for admission to APUS
- Demonstrates skill in using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and other software applications used in
- Resolves routine and escalated students concerns with and on behalf of students in a professional, efficient
- Maintains a productive working relationship with other University departments, such as Financial Aid, Fulfillment, Veteran and GI Bill assistance, Student Services and
- Meets or exceeds performance goals and metrics as determined by department
- Keeps work area organized and in a professional appearance at all
- Adheres to assigned work schedule
- Follows campaigns and follow-up strategies for student recruitment and enrollment
- Make educated admissions decisions regarding fulfillment of admission requirements and follow-up strategies
- Assists other Admissions team members with special projects as
- Effectively build relationships with prospective and/or current students by representing the university through email, chat, phone, representative landing pages, live open houses, training videos, recruitment/welcome videos and/or social
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- This is a remote/online role.
- A dedicated workspace and high-speed internet are required.
- This position could be asked to work a variety of shifts: 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, 10 am to 6:30 pm Monday through Friday, 12:30 pm to 9 pm Monday through Friday, and 9:30 am to 6 pm Saturday through Wednesday. New hires are typically asked to work evening and weekend shifts when they first start with APUS. Beyond the typical working hours, Admissions Representatives may also need to occasionally work overtime to remain available for prospective students and meet performance goals.
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred. However, APUS will consider meaningful work and/or military experience in exchange for degree requirements where appropriate
- 1-2 years’ experience in a telemarketing, sales, online and/or higher education-based role preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communicative
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a high-energy team
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under time-sensitive
- Strong problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work successfully with limited supervision
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of American Public University System (APUS) and American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. American Public University System (APUS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
American Public University System (APUS) is an Online University based in Charles Town, WV. Our company has over 100,000 students. Our emphasis is educating our nation’s military and public services communities with quality and affordable education. APUS provides partnership and commitment in helping students realize the dream of a higher education and the opportunities that brings.
It is the policy of American Public University System (APUS) and American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. of American Public University System (APUS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colorado Pay Law/NYC Pay Transparency Law
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is available in Colorado, New York City or remote, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Please send an email to [email protected]
PreferredAssociate's degree or better.
EDITORIAL AND DESKTOP PUBLISHING ASSISTANT, RUSSIANUnited NationsThis position is located in the Text-Processing Unit, Russian Translation Service, Documentation Division of the Department of General Assembly and Conference44 minute agoShareNew York, NY+2 locations
Communications Lead, Data and AnalyticsServiceNowEstimated $129K - $163K a yearFull-timeCompany Description At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait,44 minute agoShareRemote in Chicago, IL 60607+1 location
Customer Service Representative (Remote)Moen$35,500 a yearFull-timeMonday to FridayJob Description Moen is currently recruiting for remote call center agents. Training will begin March 20, 2023, with training hours of 9:00am-5:30pm EST. After44 minute agoShareRemote in United States+10 locations
Assistant Marketing Manager, Campaigns and Content, Sephora at KohlsSephora USA$94,000 - $104,000 a yearFull-timePOSITION Assistant Marketing Manager, Campaigns and Content, Sephora at Kohls PROFILE Job ID: 223476 Location Name: FSC REMOTE SF/NY/DC -173(USA_0173)52 minute agoShareRemote
Eligibility Analyst - RemoteUnitedHealth Group$22.45 - $43.89 an hourFull-timeOptum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly52 minute agoShareRemote in Schaumburg, IL 60168