The Los Angeles Film School - Admissions Representative
The Los Angeles Film School is seeking high energy, outgoing and enthusiastic individuals to join the Admissions team in the position of Admissions Representative. Continued growth and expansion within The Los Angeles Film School has increased the demand for qualified professionals serving in the rewarding field of admissions and student recruitment.
Admissions representatives are advisors, counselors, agents and recruiters for the organization, and play a vital role in identifying those future students that have the potential to succeed in the diverse opportunities found in the Entertainment Industry. This is a non-faculty position. The admissions department calls only those individuals that have expressed interest. (No Cold-Calling)
Core Responsibilities include:
- Provide superior customer service when interacting with prospective students on the phone, in writing, by email, text message and/or in person.
- Schedule tours and meet with students daily.
- Provide care and guidance to those interested in becoming a student.
- Effectively communicate the LAFS history and its numerous alumni success stories.
- Explain specific details related to education programs such as tuition, program length, curriculum and other pertinent education and compliance facts as provided by the school.
- Understand and adhere to all compliance standards with the school’s accreditor and Department of Education Standards.
- Coordinate with supporting departments on behalf of LAFS potential students; Financial Aid, housing, enrollment services and military benefits representatives.
- Create and maintain documents related to student enrollments.
- Participate in admissions related recruiting events such as: student orientation, open house, and outreach events.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Commitment to student development and success
- Effective counseling, coaching and mentoring of students
- Exceptional customer service and positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed organizational goals in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as function as part of a team
- Ability to project a professional image in person, over the phone and in writing
- Possess quality voice skills, speak well, and be clearly understood via telephone and in person
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and be a self-starter
- Able to multi-task efficiently and effectively
- Ability to focus on specific quantifiable goals for achievements
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- 3 years of experience – Any combination of sales, customer service, outbound call center sales/service and higher-education.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated with proven success in dealing with clients/consumers.
This position is a Full Time Hourly Non-Exempt position. Business operations are typically Mon-Fri, 8:30a – 6p, with one Saturday per month for Open House events (Overtime wages apply).
Extensive training is provided for the position as we focus on creating successful outcomes for of each LAFS employee.
Our MISSION, ACCREDITATION, LICENSING AND APPROVALS
Founded in 1999, The Los Angeles Film School (LAFS) is respected as a leading academic center for aspiring filmmakers, animators, music producers, recording engineers, and entertainment business entrepreneurs. Complete with a faculty of industry professionals and equipped with exceptional curricula that is delivered within industry-standard facilities located in the heart of Hollywood that include a campus of more than 250,000 sq/ft of technology labs, studios and production facilities.
The mission of The Los Angeles Film School is to inspire students with an inventive method of education that concentrates on preparation for career opportunities in the entertainment industry. We do this with a curriculum that integrates technical knowledge with artistic exploration and creativity, taught by a staff of industry professionals. Our education is delivered through reflective teaching methods and hands on learning. Our programs are designed to immerse aspiring talent in industry practices and current technologies, enabling them to discover their individual voices through collaboration and realize their career goals in the entertainment industry.
The Los Angeles Film School is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). ACCSC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency. The Los Angeles Recording School is a Division of The Los Angeles Film School.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,000.00 to $54,000.00 /year
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Customer Service Representative, Fully Remote, Start Date November 14thWis Phys Svc Ins Corp$18 an hourFull-timeMonday to Friday +4Customer Service Representative, Fully Remote, Start Date November 14th Who We Are WPS Health Solutions is a leading not-for-profit health insurer in Wisconsin.6 minute agoShareRemote in Arizona
Virtual Customer Experience Representative 1, Retention ServicesComcast$15 an hourMonday to Friday +2Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we1 hour agoShareAtlanta, GA 30339
Product HandlerThe RealRealFrom $15.50 an hourFull-time8 hour shift +1The RealReal’s Product Handlers distribute our fun consigned products including Apparel, Shoewear, Accessories, Handbags and much more! At The RealReal, we support2 hour agoShareSecaucus, NJ 07094
Applied Economist, 30x30 Initiative (Flexible Location)The Nature ConservancyFull-timeOFFICE LOCATION Arlington, Virginia, USA or Remote home office; the location for this position is flexible within countries where The Nature3 hour agoShareRemote in Arlington, VA 22203
Telephonic Initiation Representative (Remote available)Lincoln Financial$14.90 - $22.36 an hourFull-time +1Monday to Friday +3Date: Sep 8, 2022 Primary Location: Atlanta, GA, US Company: Lincoln Financial Alternate Locations: Work from Home; US All Regions Work4 hour agoShareRemote in Atlanta, GA