Job Type: Ongoing Contract, 30-40 hours a week
Compensation Range: $25 - 35 per hour
Our oil & energy client is looking to add to their growing, Cella staffed, in-house team. As a key member of the Newsroom Content Team, the Content Proofreader is essential to the team's ability to consistently deliver brand appropriate, best-in-class content.
The Proofreader sits alongside Journalists, Content Strategists, Legal Specialists and Designers. As an expert in the brands' tone of voice, corporate initiatives, and audience segments, the Proofreader applies their linguistic expertise and eye for excellence at key gates of a story's development. They are ultimately responsible for the quality control of all Newsroom outputs ranging for articles to tentpole stories.
The Proofreader is the definition of a team player whether it be through partnering with journalists on copy changes, legal specialists on edit recommendations or working independently to execute versions of existing content. Success will be seen through an exceptional level of detail, diplomacy, and ability to drive the delivery of our stories efficiently and on point.
- Garner a deep understanding of brand guidelines, tone of voice and style guide to ensure editing excellence.
- Partner with a team of journalists (5-6) on proofing a robust pipeline of projects including (but not limited to) articles, featured stories, and video scripts, etc.
- Provide clear linguistic editorial comments across all content types.
- Develop, maintain, and uphold Newsroom Editorial Guidelines. Help lead the onboarding of new team members on these guidelines as the Newsroom evolves.
- Exhibit a strong understanding of the SmartBrevity approach to writing (training will be provided.)
- Editorial/proofreading skills (test required.)
- Effective writing skills as needed to work independently on light touch copy versioning needs.
- Bachelor's degree in arts or sciences required; degree in English, journalism, or communication preferred.
- Minimum 5 years general experience. Public Relations, Corporate Communications or Media experience preferred.
- Enthusiastic about working in a multidisciplinary and entrepreneurial team.
- Exceptional proofreading skills (test required) and effective writing skills.
- Active listening and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Manager, Beer CultureAnheuser-Busch$94,400 - $112,100 a yearFull-timeDreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world’s most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real2 hour agoShareSt. Louis, MO+4 locations
HIM Tech I Chart PrepHonorHealthFull-timeMonday to Friday +1Overview: Looking to be part of something more meaningful? At HonorHealth, you’ll be part of a team, creating a multi-dimensional care experience for our patients.7 hour agoShareRemote in Phoenix, AZ 85027+24 locations
Performance Creative Associate - Fully remote!Ridge WalletFrom $80,000 a yearFull-time8 hour shiftHow to apply: Please send your application through this link: https://tally.so/r/mYjb05 About the Company: The Ridge - We are an Everyday Carry Product company7 hour agoShareRemote
Content WriterTejjy$25,000 - $35,000 a yearFull-timeJob Information Industry Architecture & Construction Salary 25000-35000 Remote Job Job10 hour agoShareRemote
People Operations AssociateHopinEstimated $59.6K - $75.5K a yearWho are we? Hopin is in a unique position to play a role in the next decade of customer engagement, offering our customers an innovative suite of best-in-class video10 hour agoShareRemote