Agency: The mission of the Georgia Department of Public Health is: To prevent disease, injury and disability; promote health and wellbeing; and prepare for and respond to disasters.
Program Mission: To protect State of Georgia employees by preventing disease, injury and disability through the promotion of health and wellbeing.
The Georgia Department of Public Health is seeking Case Investigators to support the Department of Public Health and Local Boards of Health to perform COVID-19 case investigating
The Department of Public Health (DPH) will hire, train and supervise a team of community contact tracing and case investigating staff across Georgia. The aim of this will be to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, gather their contacts, and proceed to call every contact in Georgia. This will fortify efforts to control the pandemic in Georgia.
protocols, and provide them with instructions for isolation, identify close contacts and answer questions about COVID-19. Case Investigators are required to follow all scripts, policies and procedures provided by DPH, and comply with DPH training regarding confidential information related to personal information.
- Understand the Case Investigation, testing, and contact tracing process in the context of a pandemic
- Call and conduct interviews with people with a positive test for COVID-19 to provide instructions and gather information, which is input to the digital system
- Identify close contacts of cases and input to the digital system
- Respond to common questions and provide information/recommendations regarding isolation
- Communicate with cases in a professional and empathetic manner
- Collect information on symptoms during the call and record into digital system
- Coordinate with Care Resource Coordinators if necessary, to refer cases to local support resources
- Exhibit critical thinking during interviews to identify trends, gather additional information, and escalate any risks where necessary
- Understand daily workflow and collaborate across the team
- Role may require performing additional COVID-19 response related activities
Current college student (graduate) majoring in Public Health, social work, sciences or a closely related field or recent graduate.
Retired Registered Nurses, Health Educators, Social Workers, Retired Public Health employees
Must have proficient computer and phone skills including proficient use of Microsoft office 365 applications
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Second or multiple languages a plus
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft office 365 applications
Bilingual - fluent to read, write, and speak in Spanish
Master’s degree in Public Health, social work, sciences or other related fields
Completion of coursework in Epidemiology Additional Information This is temporary or hourly paid work performing professional health care services. Positions in this job are established for less than 9 months and are not eligible for benefits if the position status is temporary (i.e., SCOA 513).
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
DPH accepts educational credentials recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE). DPH will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
The candidate selected for this position may be subject to pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
As an employee of DPH, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), email request by the closing date of this announcement to: [email protected]
DPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
Youth Residential Director 14 - ShawonoState of MichiganUp to $200,000 a yearFull-timeJob Description The MDHHS mission is to provide opportunities, services, and programs that promote a healthy, safe, and stable environment for residents to be6 hour agoShareHybrid remote in Grayling, MI 49738
Case Manager Services RepresentativeValued Relationships, Inc.$17.50 - $18.50 an hourFull-timeMonday to Friday +1Overview: Our Case Manager Services Representatives (CMSR) are part of the Operations Department. As a CMSR you’ll be responsible for working with case8 hour agoShareRemote
Analyst on Congress and the Legislative Process (Budget)US Library of Congress$78,592 - $102,166 a yearFull-time +1Duties About the CRS Graduate Recruit Program Initial appointments under the CRS Graduate Recruit Program will be made for a period up to 120 days. Initial9 hour agoShareWashington, DC 20540 (Capitol Hill area)
PROJECT COORDINATOR IILumen$57,060 - $126,720 a yearAbout Lumen Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving11 hour agoShareRemote
Client Support Analyst ISAPEstimated $50.5K - $64K a yearFull-timeWeekend availability +2We help the world run better Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on12 hour agoShareHybrid remote in Reston, VA 20191