Brookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas – with three distribution centers and a corporate office. BGC prides itself on offering its partners one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry which includes medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, paid time off, stock ownership, a 401k retirement plan, incentive plans, employee discounts, educational scholarships, and access to BGC’s 205-acre outdoor recreation area.Job Summary
Engages with customers, provides efficient checkout services, bags and transports groceries, locates products and conducts price verifications. Maintains proficiency regarding transactions and accuracy of tender. Performs various customer service duties while maintaining a safe and sanitary shopping environment.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures correct checkout totals for customers by properly weighing, keying, and scanning items. Maintains accurate money count in register at all times.
- Accesses or memorizes product codes and remains familiar with ad and special items.
- Remains current on tender policies and procedures related to checks, credit, debit, coupons, EBT, WIC, AML, etc.
- Maintains friendly and customer-service-oriented attitude by greeting customers, answering questions, locating and promoting products, and responding to complaints.
- Promotes enrollment in Thank You Card program and assists customers with sign up process, where applicable.
- Ensures groceries are bagged properly by putting like items together, limiting bag weight, preventing food cross-contamination, and ensuring customer receipt of all purchased items.
- Takes precaution when handling objects to avoid damage to products, property, etc.
- Ensures front-end racks, drink coolers and cleaning supply stations are stocked, cleaned, and presentable.
- Maintains clean, safe and sanitary working and shopping environment by adhering to Company safety procedures. Complies with all Company policies and procedures.
- Accountable for adhering to all local, state, and federal laws regarding sales of restricted items such as tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis-based and pharmaceutical products.
- Basic knowledge of cash register.
- Basic knowledge of tender policies and procedures.
- Basic mathematical and counting skills.
- Ability to learn new technology systems, methods and processes.
- Ability to remain courteous with customers at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and partners in written and verbal form.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Typically involves on the job training.
- Minimum of 16 years of age required.
- TABC/LACT certification required where applicable.
- Continuously required to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception or the ability to focus.
- Continuously required to talk and hear.
- Continuously required to use hands for reaching, touching or handling.
- Continuously required to use fine finger movements (ex. sorting and typing).
- Continuously required to stand or walk.
- Frequently required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently required to bend, kneel or squat.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 75 lbs.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop or crawl.
- Attendance at work is required.
- Work is generally performed in a retail store.
- Occasionally exposed to cleaning agents.
- Noise level varies.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or military status and any other trait protected by law.
Teller (Full Time) - New BraunfelsPROSPERITY BANKJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description *How to apply: Please apply through Prosperity Bank's Career Center at1 day agoShareNew Braunfels, TX 78130+71 locations
Team Member - Hiring ImmediatelyShake ShackJob details Salary $15 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Full Job Description Now Hiring Customer Service-Counter-Cashier-Cook - Entry Level Starting Rate:2 day agoShareBethesda, MD 20894
Cashier Supervisor Full Time Now HiringHomeGoodsJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Style is never in short supply at our more than 500 HomeGoods stores and we are constantly on a mission to3 day agoShareEncinitas, CA 92024
Cashier and Bowling Attendant- THE COLONYAndretti Indoor Karting and GamesA part-time Andretti Cashier is responsible for greeting guest, anticipating their needs, and exceeding guest service expectations all while providing a fun and exciting4 day agoShareThe Colony, TX 75056+3 locations
BookkeeperRamey's Pic N SavJob details Salary $10 - $15 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 2 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Bookkeeping: 1 year5 day agoShareJackson, AL 36545