Certified Medication Aide 1st Shift
CMA - Certified Medication Aide
Full or Part Time Shifts Available
We operate 24 hours/day, 365 days/year
Comfort and Love Senior Care Homes, a Home Plus Community
Our mission is to serve our elders, their families, and our care team, by providing an uplifting, dignified, and affirming place to live, to visit, and to work.
Comfort and Love is a Home Plus community, where the senior living experience is reimagined through our innovative culture of wellness, standards of excellence in care, and an environment filled with joy and love for our residents, families, and staff.
As a Care Partner, you’ll enjoy establishing relationships with our residents and coworkers in a brand new home offering 12 private suites for seniors, large living, dining, and activity areas, and chef prepared meals. Our Certified Medication Aides work under the supervision of the R.N.
Job Description – Essential Functions
- A primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate medication passing to residents, routinely monitoring the resident’s comfort, and be responsible for medication cart, under the direct supervision of the R.N. and in accordance with all regulations and protocols.
- Prepare discontinued/expired medications for return to pharmacy, as directed by the supervising R.N.
- Document all medication passes, daily care provided, and other tasks completed for residents via online electronic health and medication management system.
- Report changes in residents’ condition to the supervising R.N., according to Comfort and Love’s protocols.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living (ADLs), which may include bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, continence care, transfer, and mobility, in accordance with each resident’s plan of care.
- Create, engage and participate with residents in activities.
- Understand and respect each resident’s preferences, choices, interests, and abilities in order to provide a joyful and peaceful living experience.
- Monitor and assist with daily cleaning and with resident’s laundry, as needed or requested.
- Help prepare and serve meals, drinks, snacks.
- Comply and uphold resident rights and confidentiality standards.
- Follow established universal precautions, safety and sanitation protocols, safe food handling practices, and all other regulations of the State of Kansas for Home Plus facilities, as well as Comfort and Love’s Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Report all unsafe or hazardous conditions to supervisor or Human Resources immediately; report any suspected abuse, neglect, or exploitation immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, and efforts or work conditions associated with the position. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Certified Medication Aide (CMA) certificate in good standing with the State of Kansas
- High school diploma/GED
- 1-2 years previous experience working with seniors highly desirable
- Knowledge of and compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Possess a positive and caring attitude toward residents and coworkers
- Flexibility in performing a variety of tasks in service to residents in a team environment
- Ability to learn online resident care/electronic health system
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- General knowledge and love of senior care.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and in compliance with all federal/state requirements, and Comfort and Love’s established policies and procedures.
This position operates in a senior care home environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Prolonged periods of standing, leaning, walking, bending, and lifting. Lifting of 50 pounds at a time may be necessary, and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Exposure to communicable diseases, biohazards, toxic substances, and similar conditions is possible. May require shifts in another home on the same property.
Comfort and Love Senior Care Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate discrimination based on any protected status.
- 2nd and 3rd Shift
- **Meals provided during shift**
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Service awards
- Continuing education credits required to maintain certification
- Educational assistance for enhanced certification pursuits.
We will discuss your vaccination status. We want to keep our staff and residents safe. Comfort and Love provides required PPE. Staff may be required to wear a mask.
For any questions about Comfort and Love Senior Care Homes, or this position, contact Sheena at 316-260-4330
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, PRN
Pay: $16.50 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Home Health
- Long term care
- Nursing home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
- Rotating weekends
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: One location
Human Resources RepresentativeCaterpillarEstimated $55.1K - $69.8K a yearFull-timeCareer Area: Human Resources Job Description: Your Impact Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc. Whether it be groundbreaking products, best-in-class solutions, or21 minute agoShareDenison, TX 75020+1 location
BFT - Clinical Research Coordinator for The Healthcare Transformation Lab- Spanish and/or Portuguese speaking preferredMassachusetts General Hospital(MGH)Part-time +1Day shiftBFT - Clinical Research Coordinator for The Healthcare Transformation Lab- Spanish and/or Portuguese speaking preferred - (3224336) General Summary The32 minute agoShareBoston, MA 02114 (West End area)
Import Specialist (Customs Entry Writer) - Remote supporting 2nd Shift and WeekendsA.N. Deringer, Inc.Full-timeWeekend availabilityThis position is primarily responsible for processing and assimilating customer data to support the movement of goods between international borders. Job2 hour agoShareRemote in Calais, ME 04619
Fulfillment Packaging AssistantCVS Health$16 - $25 an hour10 hour shiftAs a Shipper/Receiver (Operations Assistant) you have an opportunity to make a real difference in the life of a patient within specialty pharmacy, the fastest2 hour agoShareRemote in Fairfield, NJ
Breakfast AttendantRosevale Kitchen + Cocktail Room$25 an hourFull-timeAbout Us Carver Road Hospitality is opening two venues at the new Civilian Hotel. The two floor, 150-seat Rosevale Kitchen & Cocktail Room, will feature a2 hour agoShareNew York, NY 10036