Clerk - Files and Records: Employee Health
Memorial Healthcare System - Pembroke Pines, FL 33028
Performs clerical duties related to the storage, retrieval, and distribution of records.
- Retrieves records as requested by authorized persons. Ensures that properly executed release of information forms are obtained when necessary.
- Files new and returned records according to established systems and policies. Identifies and documents missing records.
- Routinely audits storage areas and files to find and correct erroneously stored records. Suggests process improvements to reduce or eliminate misfiled records.
- Locates and prepares records for archival or destruction according to policies and procedures. Initiates retrieval and return of archived records and follows up on any delays or problems with retrieval.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- FILE MANAGEMENT: Develops and implements filing systems for correspondence, reference materials and other records.
- ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT: Provides secretarial and administrative support for leaders or departments.
- ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality and/or quantity standards.
- ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
- PATIENT SAFETY - ANCILLARY/SUPPORT: Contributes to a safe patient care environment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: No experience required.
- Bending and Stooping 60.00%
- Climbing 40.00%
- Keyboard Entry 40.00%
- Kneeling 60.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Reaching 60.00%
- Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 60.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
- Sitting 40.00%
- Squatting 60.00%
- Standing 60.00%
- Walking 60.00%
- Audible Speech 60.00%
- Hearing Acuity 60.00%
- Depth Perception 60.00%
- Distinguish Color 60.00%
- Seeing - Far 60.00%
- Seeing - Near 60.00%
- Dust 40.00%
- Computer Monitor 40.00%
- Moving Mechanical Parts 40.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects 20.00%
- Potential Electric Shock 20.00%
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region.
Memorial Hospital West’s many respected specialty programs include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County’s first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
- Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
- The Family Birthplace
- Women’s Services
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
Team Member (Immediately Hiring) - Up to $19.25AmazonUp to $19.25 an hourJob details Salary Up to $19.25 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Full Job Description Amazon Delivery Station Warehouse Associate Pay rate: Up to4 hour agoShareBremerton, WA 98312
CS- Compliance Specialist-Remote PositionAdvantage Credit$18 an hourJob details Salary $18 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Qualifications Mortgage Auditing: 2 years4 hour agoShareRemote
Amazon Marketing ExpertVoy Media$20 - $60 an hourJob details Salary $20 - $60 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Digital marketing: 2 years (Required) Amazon4 hour agoShareRemote
SuperintendentRichmond American HomesJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Overview: BREAK GROUND ON A REWARDING CAREER WITH US! At MDC Holdings, Inc./Richmond American Homes, we4 hour agoShareTucson, AZ 85706+22 locations
Executive Assistant to the President & CEONew Jersey Community CapitalReporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as4 hour agoShareNew Brunswick, NJ 08901+1 location