Customer Care Associate I
This position is a front-line service position providing assistance to Magellan's members and providers regarding programs, policies, and procedures. Responsibilities include answering incoming calls related to eligibility, benefits, claims and authorization of services from members or providers. Responsibilities also include the administration of intake documentation into the appropriate systems. Overall expectations is to provide outstanding service to internal and external customers and strive to resolve member and provider needs on the first call. Performance expectations are to meet or exceed operations production and quality standards.
- Actively listens and probes callers in a professionally and timely manner to determine purpose of the calls.
- Researches and articulately communicates information regarding member eligibility, benefits, EAP services, claim status, and authorization inquiries to callers while maintaining confidentiality.
- Resolves customer administrative concerns as the first line of contact - this may include claim resolutions and other expressions of dissatisfaction.
- Assists efforts to continuously improve by assuming responsibility for identifying and bringing to the attention of responsible entities operations problems and/or inefficiencies.
- Assists in the mentoring and training of new staff.
- Assumes full responsibility for self-development and career progression; proactively seek and participate in ongoing training sessions (formal and informal).
- Comprehensively assembles and enters patient information into the appropriate delivery system to initiate the EAP, Care and Utilization management programs.
- Demonstrates flexibility in areas such as job duties and schedule in order to aid in better serving members and help Magellan achieve its business and operational goals.
- Educates providers on how to submit claims and when/where to submit a treatment plan.
- Identifies and responds to Crisis calls and continues assistance with the Clinician until the call has been resolved.
- Informs providers and members on Magellan's appeal process.
- Leads or participates in activities as requested that help improve Care Center performance, excellence and culture.
- Links or makes routine referrals and triage decisions not requiring clinical judgment.
- Performs necessary follow-up tasks to ensure member or provider needs are completely met.
- Provides information regarding Magellan's in-network and out-of-network reimbursement rates and states multiple networks to providers.
- Refers callers requesting provider information to Provider Services regarding Magellan's professional provider selection criteria and application process.
- Refers patients/EAP clients to the Magellan's Care Management team for a provider, EAP affiliate, or Facility.
- Responsible for updating self on ever changing information to ensure accuracy when dealing with members and providers.
- Support team members and participate in team activities to help build a high-performance team.
- Thoroughly documents customers' comments/information and forwards required information to the appropriate staff.
Responsible for meeting call handling requirements and daily telephone standards as set forth by management.
Must agree to observing service for the purpose of training and quality control.
Must be a proficient typist (avg. 35+ WPM) with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Must be able to maneuver through various computer platforms while verifying information on all calls.
Must be able to talk and type simultaneously. General Job Information Title Customer Care Associate I Grade 16 Work Experience - Required Customer Service Work Experience - Preferred Education - Required GED, High School Education - Preferred Associates, Bachelors License and Certifications - Required License and Certifications - Preferred Salary Range Salary Minimum: $28,345 Salary Maximum: $42,515 This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law. This position may be eligible for short-term incentives as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Magellan offers a broad range of health, life, voluntary and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
SchedulerLawrence Livermore National LaboratoryEstimated $92.9K - $118K a yearFull-timeCompany Description Join us and make YOUR mark on the World! Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United3 minute agoShareLivermore, CA 94550
Western Montana Forestry and Stewardship AssistantThe Nature Conservancy$45,100 - $46,800 a yearFull-timeOFFICE LOCATION Missoula, Montana, USA WHO WE ARE The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters3 minute agoShareMissoula, MT 59802 (Heart of Missoula area)
Store ManagerH&M$67,004 - $75,379 a yearFull-timeWeekend availability +1Company Description Hiring Immediately! At H&M, we welcome you to be yourself and challenge you to grow and make a difference. You’ll take on new3 minute agoShareWoodbridge, VA 22192
Client Engagement AssociateT. Rowe PriceEstimated $57.3K - $72.6K a yearFull-timeThere is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment14 minute agoShareOwings Mills, MD
Customer Service AgentAmerican AirlinesEstimated $25.6K - $32.4K a yearFull-timeWeekend availability +2American Airlines is seeking Full Time Customer Service Agents at the Charleston International Airport The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the14 minute agoShareCharleston, SC+13 locations