Customer Solutions Data Engineer
What you’ll be doing…
As the Customer Solutions Data Engineer you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our team of Analysts and Data Scientists on initiatives, acting as a coach and mentor, writing and reviewing code underlying the system, and project management (ensuring we are executing effectively on the roadmap). You will also be responsible for providing reporting, providing analysis and recommendations for future strategy and governance.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS “big data” technologies.
- Work with internal customers to understand their needs and author and define implementation plans and functional specifications that solve those needs.
- Help define the roadmap for Customer Solutions data integrations and data sources.
- Project Management: Run analytics projects/programs through their lifecycle; Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning; Oversee third party deliverables on projects where necessary; Efficiently identify and resolve program issues; Design and maintain technical and project documentation.
- Regularly assess and improve own performance in such areas as job knowledge, technical skills, productivity, accountability, quality, initiative, innovation, drive, working relationships, communications, leadership and alignment with the Tableau core values.
- Mentor more junior members of the team.
- Recruitment: Tableau hires company builders; employees are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
Who you are…
- Experienced. 4+ years’ experience in an engineering role. 2-3+ years ETL development experience. Experience with Tableau and salesforce.com preferred. A technical background that includes modern programming languages, frameworks and patterns, test automation, performance optimization and debugging. A technical background in data, analytics, and data warehousing concepts, including database management, ETL architecture and development, and strong SQL proficiency. Snowflake, Google BigQuery and Google Cloud Platform experience preferred. BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Problem Solver. Excellent decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Cross-Cultural Leadership. Demonstrated Solutions managing complex projects from start to finish, working effectively across internal functional teams and external vendor relationships is a plus.
- Domain. A track record of delivering high quality code in complex codebases of key applications and services.
- Performer. The courage and confidence to challenge the status quo.
- Relentlessly High Standards. Exceptional project management skills.
- Detail oriented. Strong organizational and follow through skills.
- A True Team Player. Strong team player with track record of cross functional collaboration. A willingness to jump in and help when needed, learn and teach new skills, and have the experience and professionalism required to meet objectives.
- Communicator. Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Amazing Salesperson. Ability to articulate ideas and proposals clearly to stakeholders.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Retail Manager: Stock Supervisor (Psycho Bunny) San Francisco CenterPsycho BunnyJob details Salary From $20 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Retail management: 11 hour agoShareSan Francisco, CA 94103+2 locations
Data AnalystNorthwest Energy Efficiency AllianceJob details Salary $75,000 - $80,000 a year Full Job Description The Data Analyst is an integral part of the Data, Planning and Analysis (DPA) team at NEEA. The1 hour agoShareRemote
Business Office ManagerOaks Senior Living, LLCJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Oaks Senior Living is currently recruiting a kind hearted Busness Office Manager who has a passion for working1 hour agoShareMarietta, GA 30064+2 locations
Website/Social Media CoordinatorBlackbird General StoreJob details Salary $18 - $25 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Marketing: 1 year1 hour agoShareCalabasas, CA 91302
Customer Service Account RepresentativeBuild A BoxJob details Salary From $17 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 2 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Full Job1 hour agoShareAnaheim, CA 92807