Estimating & Office Assistant
Job details Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Construction estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
The Estimating & Office Assistant is an integral position in Malcolm Drilling’s Estimating Department. A potential candidate will assist the lead estimators in the bidding process and have the opportunity to coordinate with other general contractors and subcontractors in the foundation drilling industry. In addition, the candidate will provide technical support to district staff and directly assist the Business Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are included. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive and review preliminary bid information.
- Print and review drawings, specifications, addenda, and other project information to identify scope and prepare bid folders to provide to the lead estimators.
- Coordinate by email and phone with general contractors, subcontractors, and various staff to discuss and determine scope of work.
- Answer incoming calls related to new or ongoing bid opportunities.
- Manage dedicated estimating email and search bidding websites for potential bid opportunities.
- Download, organize, and update bid folders.
- Maintain and update the District Bid List daily.
- Input bid proposal data into the District Bid Spreadsheet.
- Call in and update Dig Alert tickets and OSHA Notifications for District projects.
- Maintain and update District prequalification's with general contractors.
- Maintain and update the District Equipment Schedule.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting as needed for Windows, MS Office, Mitel VOIP phones, desk printers, monitors, company iPhones, and minor networking at employee desk stations.
- Coordinate with the Corporate IT Department as the District point of contact for various hardware and software setup and upgrades.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or similar field preferred.
- Expertise in Windows OS, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe and/or BlueBeam.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills required. Must be able to accommodate multiple requests from different estimators with varying deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Irwindale, CA 94105: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
ServiceNation - Full Time Member Experience RepresentativeEverCommerceJob details Salary $18 - $19 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Customer support: 1 year (Required) Customer relationship10 hour agoShareCoppell, TX 75019
DishwasherFirebirds Wood Fired GrillJob details Salary $12 - $18 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Qualifications Restaurant: 110 hour agoShareFort Worth, TX 76177
Team MemberTaco Bell | Luihn VantEdge Partners LLCJob details Salary $9.00 - $10.25 an hour Full Job Description Taco Bell is looking for people who love serving customers, and want to be a part of a great10 hour agoShareLake City, SC 29560
Amazon Picker PackerAmazon Workforce StaffingJob details Salary Up to $17.05 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Full Job Description Amazon Delivery Station Warehouse Associate Job Overview You’ll11 hour agoShareLodi, CA 95241
Sales and Technical Support- RemoteAsurionJob details Salary From $19 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Qualifications Customer service: 1 year11 hour agoShare+1 locationRemote