Estimating & Office Assistant
Job details Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Construction estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
The Estimating & Office Assistant is an integral position in Malcolm Drilling’s Estimating Department. A potential candidate will assist the lead estimators in the bidding process and have the opportunity to coordinate with other general contractors and subcontractors in the foundation drilling industry. In addition, the candidate will provide technical support to district staff and directly assist the Business Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are included. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive and review preliminary bid information.
- Print and review drawings, specifications, addenda, and other project information to identify scope and prepare bid folders to provide to the lead estimators.
- Coordinate by email and phone with general contractors, subcontractors, and various staff to discuss and determine scope of work.
- Answer incoming calls related to new or ongoing bid opportunities.
- Manage dedicated estimating email and search bidding websites for potential bid opportunities.
- Download, organize, and update bid folders.
- Maintain and update the District Bid List daily.
- Input bid proposal data into the District Bid Spreadsheet.
- Call in and update Dig Alert tickets and OSHA Notifications for District projects.
- Maintain and update District prequalification's with general contractors.
- Maintain and update the District Equipment Schedule.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting as needed for Windows, MS Office, Mitel VOIP phones, desk printers, monitors, company iPhones, and minor networking at employee desk stations.
- Coordinate with the Corporate IT Department as the District point of contact for various hardware and software setup and upgrades.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or similar field preferred.
- Expertise in Windows OS, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe and/or BlueBeam.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills required. Must be able to accommodate multiple requests from different estimators with varying deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Irwindale, CA 94105: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Team Member - 17th St. (#1231)Smoothie King$11 - $15 an hour** IMMEDIATELY HIRING ** Are you…? · A smoothie fan? · At least sixteen (16) or older? YES – teens are encouraged to apply! · Tired of8 minute agoShareFort Lauderdale, FL 33316+6 locations
Baker and Baker AssistantPortos BakeryUp to $21 an hourAt Porto's Bakery, we strive to create an enjoyable and fulfilling experience for our customers and our team. Enjoy a career enriched with opportunities where you can8 minute agoShareNorthridge, CA 91324
Daycare Teacher Assistant (NEW BENEFITS OFFERED!)Harrison Village Childcare$14 an hourLooking for an ALL-STAR CHILDCARE TEACHER ASSISTANT / DAYCARE TEACHER ASSISTANT to join OUR TEAM! COULD IT BE YOU? FULL TIME or PART TIME COMPETITVE WAGE –1 hour agoShareOmaha, NE 68136+1 location
Amazon Delivery Station Warehouse AssociateAmazon HVH$16 an hourShift: Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon 01:20am - 11:50am Duration: Seasonal Start date: 2022-08-26 Amazon Delivery Station Warehouse Associate Job Overview1 hour agoShareRoanoke, TX 76262+92 locations
TNHM05-2022-04178-Dual Role Maintenance and Rural Striper-LanderState of Wyoming$17.78 - $20.44 an hourDescription and Functions Open Until Filled GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a Highway1 hour agoShareLander, WY