FT - Sales Floor Dept Supervisor- Inside Garden - Day
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Sales Floor Department Supervisor, this means:
• Providing resources and tools to support those directly helping customers provide the best service.
• Assisting with down stocking and area recovery as well as providing input into merchandising decisions.
• Monitoring use of store power equipment and coaching employees on safe behaviors and lifting techniques.
The Sales Floor Department Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading and enabling a team of associates to deliver the best possible customer experience in the store. This includes coaching and training associates, delegating, following-up on daily tasks, managing performance, and ensuring adequate department coverage. Sales Floor Department Supervisors are responsible for customer-facing activities (e.g., greeting customers, clarifying needs and identifying solutions, closing sales), non-customer-facing activities (e.g., down stocking, inventory management, area recovery) and store safety (e.g., conducting safety walks, reporting hazards, understanding safety and lifting directions).
The Sales Floor Department Supervisor works with Assistant Store Managers to identify approaches and behaviors that best meet sales and service objectives, then communicates those best practices to the team in a way that inspires engaging, customer-focused behavior and goal attainment. Further, the Sales Floor Department Supervisor must supervise associates in other departments, as needed, to meet the demands of the store. This requires broad product knowledge and the ability to engage associates and customers across departments. It is important that this associate communicate upward to keep management informed of concerns, issues, praises, and morale.
In addition to the responsibilities summarized above, individuals in this role may occasionally open or close the store or serve as manager-on-duty (MOD).
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
• Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience in a retail environment OR 5 years of experience in a retail environment.
• 1 year of experience in customer service.
• 1 year of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro customers (for Pro Department Supervisor).
• Experience providing direction or supervision to teams (with or without direct report responsibility).
• Experience supporting or participating in the process of training, mentoring and developing associates.
• Experience working cross-functionally.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• 3 years of retail customer service experience.
• 3 years of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro customers (for Pro Department Supervisor).
• Experience in a leadership role with direct report responsibility.
• Experience working in the home improvement retail sector.
• Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic retail environment.
• Experience in key carrying role with manager-on-duty responsibilities.
• Experience using store computer systems (including but not limited to: Project Tool, Genesis, Sterling, M2O, Thin Client, etc.).
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting employment in this position.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Job ID: 1879642BR
Line of Business: Store
Job Category: Store Operations
Department: LWSUSAInside Gdn
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full time
Location #: 1661
Location Name: Santee, CA
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
CaregiverCaring Senior Service of Lakewood$18.50 - $20.00 an hourWe are looking for hard working and dedicated caregivers to join our team! At Caring Senior Service of Lakewood, we know that it’s the method in which service is1 hour agoShareDenver, CO 80215
Call Center AgentZipSocial$35 - $55 an hourWe are looking for call center Assistant to support inbound and outbound customer service and sales projects for a wide variety of clients. In this role, you will handle1 hour agoShareRemote in United States
Real Estate Agent - Training Provided (Corona)Wright Brothers, Inc.$46,329 - $270,697 a yearNo.1 Independent Virtual brokerage in the country! When you join us, you become part of a global family of agents and partners dedicated to transforming the real estate3 hour agoShareCorona, CA+33 locations
Laundry AttendantComfort Inn McAlesterEstimated $21.3K - $26.9K a yearHighgate Hotels: Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the3 hour agoShareMcAlester, OK 74501
Online Call Center RepZipSocial$35 - $55 an hourWe are looking for call center Assistant to support inbound and outbound customer service and sales projects for a wide variety of clients. In this role, you will handle3 hour agoShareRemote in United States