General Laundry Worker
Job details Salary $15.49 - $15.59 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Qualifications
US work authorization (Required)
General Laundry Worker
*YOU MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF YOUR COVID VACCINATION CARD to be considered for employment.
Day Shift Schedule: 7:00 am-3:30 pm Monday-Friday & Weekends When Needed
Day Shift Rate of Pay (General Laundry Worker): $15.49/Hour
Afternoon Shift Schedule: 4:00 pm-12:30 am Monday-Friday & Weekends When Needed
Afternoon Shift Rate of Pay (General Laundry Worker): $15.49/Hour
*120 Hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) After (1) Year of Employment
General Laundry Worker Job Description:
Performs and may rotate through a variety of routine laundry-linen duties such as feeding, receiving, folding, sorting, counting, tying, patching linens, with and without the use of equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Receives clean damp linens from continuous washing system conditioners and sorts and lays them out in baskets. Places some items on the conveyor.
- Sorts, distributes, and lays out clean damp linens on conveyors from conditioners.
- Receives clean dry linens on conveyors from dryers and folds, stacks, counts, and ties into bundles. Sorts, counts, and/or bundles clean dry mop head, laundry bags, and new linens.
- Receives clean dry linens, along with still damp linens, from dryers and sorts them into baskets and carts.
- Sorts small piece damp linens and apparel from sorting tables into baskets.
- Feeds items into flatwork ironing machinery. Presses appropriate button or otherwise alerts receiver of stained or torn linens.
- Receives linens from flatwork ironing machinery or folders and sorts, folds, stacks, counts, and ties into bundles and places in carts and on shelves.
- Feeds dry fold items into automatic folder and receives and tied them into bundles.
- May sort and record number of stained and torn linens as part of linen control system.
- May operate steam cabinet to finish garments, and fold and/or hang garments on racks.
- May operate heat patching machine as needed.
- May handle supplies and/or new linens, loving them into and from the storeroom and general plant areas.
- May record various figures and information on forms, such as number of items processed, and stained and torn articles set aside.
- May assist in picking up linens, debris, and litter in and around the work areas.
- Performs related and other duties as required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in plant/production environment and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to chemicals and a variety of conditions including warm and cold temperatures, heat and humidity and outdoor weather. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.49 - $15.59 per hour
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
You must be able to provide proof of having your Covid Vaccination Card.
- Have you ever been employed with Metropolitan Detroit Area Hospital Services (MDAHS)?
- Do you have reliable transportation for getting to and from work?
- Are you 18 years or older?
- This position requires you to stand and continually move, are you able to perform these functions?
- Can you provide proof of having your Covid Vaccination Card?
Work Location: One location
Server - Denny's #7383Denco Family Inc.Job details Salary From $15 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Number of hires for this role 2 Qualifications US work authorization (Required) Day Shift11 hour agoShareWhittier, CA 90606
Administrative AssistantSt. Anthony Community Care CenterJob details Salary $25 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Customer service: 1 year11 hour agoShareMetairie, LA
Billing and Payroll SpecialistVisiting AngelsJob details Salary $23 - $26 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications US work authorization (Required) Associate11 hour agoShareWheat Ridge, CO 80033
Construction LaborerBMP Construction Inc.Job details Salary $20 - $25 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Full Job Description We are looking for an experienced Construction12 hour agoShareConnecticut
Resident Care Professional - The Brook of Houghton LakeThe Brook Retirement Communities - Assisted and...Job details Salary $15 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Number of hires for this role 2 Full Job Description BE A HERO! JOIN OUR TEAM! The Brook of Houghton12 hour agoShareHoughton Lake, MI 48629