Job details Salary $11 - $14 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Located in New Orleans, a city known for its unique cuisine, Langenstein’s has become the go-to spot for food lovers since 1922. Offering customers prepared New Orleans’ delicacies, gourmet items and their everyday grocery needs, Langenstein’s is not only the oldest full service grocery store in New Orleans but also a fifth generation owned and operated family business.
General Purpose: The Grocery Team Member is required to maintain pricing, stocking and rotation of merchandise in the grocery area and to perform other functions as required in customer service, sales and receiving.
Work Schedule: Up to 40 hours per week, weekend work required. Overtime may be required.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist in receiving and unloading of merchandise; check and verify grocery receiving to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered; check products for quality, count and condition.
- Assist in warehouse organization and cleanliness
- Stock products and store overflow items in a neat and orderly fashion
- Open cartons and price items accurately and legibly; keep store management informed of pricing problem areas or discrepancies
- Assist in ordering and maintain inventory control
- Monitor product quality, freshness, and condition
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods
- Assist in training associates when assigned
- Be knowledgeable and able to perform all duties of a cashier when assigned to be a cashier
- Maintain basic knowledge of all products sold in the department
- Be observant of security problems and develop methods of prevention (vendor receiving, associate theft, shoplifting)
- Ensure the safety of self, customers and co-workers by understanding and practicing store safety rules and notifying the Store Manager of any potential hazard immediately
- Communicate with the Grocery Manager on problems and recommendations for change
- Provide excellent customer service: respond to customer questions, requests, complaints and involve the Grocery Manager when needed to explain policies in a courteous manner
- Observe all store rules and company policies
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress regulations
- Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by store manager
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations
- Perform any other miscellaneous tasks assigned by the Grocery and/or Store Manager
Required Education / Experience:
- Work and education history demonstrating stability
- 1+ years of grocery experience
- Ability to effectively communicate and establish working relationships with other departments and personnel.
- Basic mathematical skills required (add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
- Experience, understanding, and knowledge of operations in a food service business/industry
- Make judgments concerning: the placement of merchandise on the shelf or display, pricing, product quality standards, associate scheduling, order of product or supplies, hiring or supervision of associates, merchandising plans, departments’ operations policies and procedures and the sales and promotion of merchandise.
- Basic reading and writing ability; able to read instructions, merchandising labels, order codes, numbers, reports, printed paper invoices and order forms.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to demonstrate initiative in planning, work ethic, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment.
- Work on tile or concrete standing for extended periods of time.
- Lift a maximum of 50 lbs. from 6 inches to 84 inches, overhead.
- Move cardboard into baler, if over 18 years of age.
- Move a maximum of 50 lbs. up to 15 yards.
- Use maintenance and product transportation equipment if properly trained
- Reach forward and/or down with both hands up to 36 inches to clean, obtain merchandise on stocking cart, multi tray rack or pallets, or shelves; as well as preparing and packaging product.
- Reach up to full extension of arms to place signs, banners or any other items required.
- Handle labels, signs or tags, case cutter or utility knife, grasp and handle wet, iced, cold, metal, paper, plastic products, cardboard, packaging and debris.
- Bend and Twist at the waist while cleaning, cutting or opening, sorting, loading and unloading, moving or removing merchandise and stocking merchandise.
- Move display fixtures, stocking carts, pallet jacks (up to 300 lbs.) and maintenance equipment approximately 25 yards.
- Climb on ladders, racks, cases, shelving and stairs up to three feet in height.
- Balance on wet, slick, dirty and debris strewn floors.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 - $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Seasonal CDL DriverTNT FIREWORKSJob details Salary $1,100 - $1,600 a week Job Type Temporary Full Job Description Please note, this position included direct-store delivery, counting and09-05-2022ShareJacksonville, FL+23 locations
Grocery Stocker (Night)Brookshire Grocery CompanyBrookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and08-05-2022ShareAlbany, TX 76430100+ locations
Night StockerCounty Market | Niemann FoodsSUMMARY To promote max customer care 100% of the time and to contribute to a positive working environment with a positive attitude and work ethic. To provide08-05-2022ShareHannibal, MO 63401+2 locations
Grocery StockerBrookshire Grocery CompanyBrookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and07-05-2022ShareDelhi, LA 71232100+ locations
Bakery ClerkNew Seasons MarketJob details Salary $16.25 - $18.57 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Job Brief Now hiring for a full time position (37.5 hours /wk).07-05-2022ShareLake Oswego, OR 97035+2 locations