Highway Administrative Assistant
This position is responsible for providing administrative assistance to the Highway Department. This includes providing customer service by phone and in-person. It will require maintaining accurate Motor Fuel Tax accounts and payroll records. This position will include preparing, copying, and filing documents; organizing and maintaining files; and other administrative tasks as needed. The Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for supporting or coordinating projects for the office.
- Answer phones, take and relay messages for Highway Department
- Maintain systems and controls to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of administrative systems
- Prepare, copy, transmit, and file documents as needed for Department
- Maintain accurate bookkeeping for accounts
- Maintain accurate expenses on Motor Fuel Tax accounts
- Maintain bi-weekly payroll for employees
- Prepare and monitor invoices for payment
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Perform other duties as assigned by the County Highway Engineer
- High School diploma or GED required, Associate Degree or higher preferred
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office Software
- Accounting background preferred
- Motor Fuel Tax knowledge beneficial
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all office and employee related information
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be trustworthy and work well with others inside and outside of the office (e.g. State agencies)
Full Time position, 35 hours per week, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
$15.00-$17.60 per hour based on experience and qualifications
10 vacation days/ 4 personal days/ 12 sick days per year
Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
Medical and dental insurance offered
Resumes will be accepted until 11/17/2020.
Union County Government is committed to nondiscrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or ancestry.
Administrative AssistantTouch Up HomeJob details Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 2 Qualifications Customer service: 2 years (Preferred) Full Job Description Sales Full Time only.3 hour agoShareRaleigh, NC 27603+2 locations
Administrative Assistant/ReceptionistTouch Up HomeJob details Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 2 Qualifications Customer service: 2 years (Preferred) Full Job Description Sales Full Time only.3 hour agoShareSavannah, GA 31405
Administrative AssistantNew Sega Home Textiles (northJob details Salary $50,000 - $55,000 a year Job Type Full-time Full Job Description New Sega Home Textiles North America, Inc. Administrative Assistant –3 hour agoShareNew York, NY
Billing ClerkMountain Comprehensive Health CorporationJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES General Duties: The Billing Clerk position is primarily responsible for the3 hour agoShareWhitesburg, KY 41858
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTFrazer, LTDJob details Salary $17.50 - $25.00 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Are you a friendly, optimistic person who prefers harmony and lack of conflict4 hour agoShareHouston, TX 77081