Insurance Specialist I - Opportunity to Work from Home
***Xtend offers competitive benefits including Medical/Dental/Vision, Generous Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays/Monthly Bonus Eligibility/Tuition Reimbursement/401k plan plus Employer Match/Professional Development***
Xtend Healthcare, a Navient company, is nationally recognized as the industry-leading provider of comprehensive revenue cycle solutions to hospitals and health systems. Sustaining healthcare revenue cycle improvement is our exclusive focus with experience in all 50 states and more than 30 years of dedicated health revenue cycle experience. We are committed to delivering solutions built around the broad revenue cycle needs of our clients.
Xtend Healthcare focuses on both clinical and financial interoperability to maximize collection of net revenue. Xtend Healthcare provides an array of solutions for our customers including full and partial revenue cycle outsourcing, third-party insurance follow-up, self-pay, coding, CDI, and consulting services.
THIS POSITION IS REMOTE - WORK FROM HOME.
The Insurance Specialist is responsible for review and resolution of outstanding insurance balances on hospital or physician patient accounts. The Insurance Specialist will be required to have flexibility to learning and comprehending complex hospital systems and keen analytical skills to evaluate appropriate next steps to bring aged account receivables to resolution. The Insurance Specialist will be responsible to ensure cash recovery goals are met and assigned hospital receivables are appropriately addressed according to company, client and federal guidelines.
1. Responsible for general office duties including but not limited to; filing, scanning, printing, data entry in support of all of all other insurance specialists.
- Achieve assigned goals (resolutions, account review quality, productivity standards – specified by line of business)
- Working knowledge of hospital systems, internal systems, and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates the ability to learn new systems quickly and develop proficient operating skills within a reasonably short time frame
- Ability to understand directive given orally and written
- Ability to prioritize job responsibilities and manage time for timely completion of assignments
- Accurately perform tasks with a high level of attention to detail
- Proficiency with company telephone system while placing outbound calls and accepting inbound calls.
2. Perform account research and route accounts through appropriate client workflows.
- Completes timely follow-up on assigned accounts
- Perform account research and document findings in detailed manner
- Prepares and makes appropriate requests for adjustment, billing, or appropriate review according to workflow or job aid directive
- Communicate effectively with insurance companies for payment
- Understanding of next steps needed to reach resolution of insurance balance
- Ensure strong communication skills to convey intricate account information
3. Ensure all accounts are worked within client standards and Federal Regulations.
- Maintain high quality account handling per client standards
- Work within federal, state regulations, department/division & all Compliance Policies
- Maintain clear, concise and accurate documentation of all attempts and/or contacts made and received for accounts in accordance with company and client specifications
4. Maintain continuing education, training in industry career development.
- Maintain current knowledge of and comply with all federal and state rules and regulations governing phone calls and collections including HIPAA, FDCPA, Privacy Act, FCRA, etc.
- Attend training sessions as directed by management
- High school diploma (additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of education)
- 6 months experience in a related field (additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to accurately type 38 words per minute plus
- Flexibility with handling job responsibilities and requests
- Familiar with widely used patient accounting software
- Hospital and/or physician accounts receivable experience is preferred
- Organization, planning and prioritizing
- Communication skills
- Data management
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Possess excellent reading and writing skills
- Strong Computer skills
- Ability to communicate successfully with patients, hospital or Xtend Employees
- Is able to work individually and as part of a team
- Possess ability to concentrate for long periods of time
- Proficient in numeracy skills
- Pays close attention to detail
- Must possess excellent grammar and spelling skills
- Proficient in knowledge and use of email and internet
- Possess above average knowledge of administrative procedures
Cashier Part TimeLowe'sPart-time +1Life. Career. Build it Together Here. At Lowe’s, we’ve always been more than a home improvement store. For thousands of Lowe’s associates,41 minute agoShareSnellville, GA 30078
Customer Service RepresentativeClopay CorporationFull-timeJOB DESCRIPTION Clopay Corporation is North America’s largest residential garage door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer41 minute agoShareChicago Ridge, IL
Retail Seasonal Sales AssociateH&MFrom $12.25 an hourPart-time +1Weekend availabilityCompany Description Hiring Immediately! At H&M, we welcome you to be yourself and challenge you to grow and make a difference. You’ll take on new56 minute agoShareStrongsville, OH 44136
Tj maxx Dallas Park Lan Now Hiring Weekend and weekend 5:30pm to close Merchandise AssociateTJ MaxxPart-timeWeekend availabilityStyle is never in short supply at our more than 1,000 TJ Maxx stores. They all have different products, but the same commitment to the thrill of the find. From1 hour agoShareDallas, TX 75231 (Northeast Dallas area)+126 locations
Retail Sales Associate- Full TimeH&MFrom $12.50 an hourFull-time +1Weekend availabilityCompany Description Hiring Immediately! At H&M, we welcome you to be yourself and challenge you to grow and make a difference. You’ll take on new1 hour agoShareGlendale, WI 53217+126 locations