Internship - Admin Unit, Regional Bureau for the Americas
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Recent graduate (those persons who completed their studies within one year of applying) or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of the Organization.
An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship. TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR INTERNSHIP
Organizational Unit: Administration
Duty station: Panama City, Panama
Duration of the internship: 6 months
Expected start date: February 1, 2020
Background information/Organizational Context:
Located in UNHCR Regional Bureau for the Americas in Panama City, Panama.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Admin Unit in the unit¿s functions
- Assist with preparation of tenders, commercial bid-tabulations and with the establishment of contracts and framework agreements and purchasing processes, detailing of Terms of Reference for purchases under USD4,000;
- Deal with information systematization or data management on several activities;
- Prepare basic material to be used in meetings with partners and the team;
- Attend meetings and document related activities;
- Organize the electronic and physical archives of the unit;
- Support in photocopying, scanning of documents, filing and mailing; and
- Support in the follow-up and filing of the agency¿s vehicles logs
- Support in logistics for workshop preparation, mission plan actualization.
- Other tasks that may be required.
Minimum qualifications required
- Microsoft user literate: Excel, Word, Power Point
- Area of studies in Business Administration, accounting, international business, finance or related fields
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive an allowance to partially help to cover the cost of food, local transportation and living expenses.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity. Please note that the closing date for applications to this internship advertisement is 18 January 2020 (midnight Geneva time).
Cleaner, (Union) Full Time DaysRWJBarnabas HealthJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete3 hour agoShareBelleville, NJ 07109+2 locations
Director of Customer Support and PlacementCarrusJob details Salary $100,000 - $120,000 a year Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Customer Support: 8 years (Required) Bachelor's3 hour agoShareUtah
CDL A Regional Truck Driver - Home Weekly - Average $83K + $5K Sign On Bonus!!Dollar GeneralJob details Salary From $83,000 a year Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Dollar General is currently hiring Class A CDL Truck Drivers for local and regional12 hour agoShareHeber, UT
CDL Truck Driver - No Experience Required - Multiple RoutesHogan Transport - Dedicated DriverNow Seeking Dedicated Truck Drivers!Industry Leading Pay & Sign-On Bonus Incentives!No Experience Necessary - Recent Graduates Welcome “People always ask12 hour agoShareRock Hill, MO
Business Development Administrative AssistantPBC Environmental LLCJob details Salary $20 - $30 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications English (Required) US work authorization (Required) High1 day agoShareNew Hampshire