Management and Program Analyst
- Implement, coordinate, and/or oversee a variety of complex management programs impacting agency activities;
- Plan and/or coordinate broad and/or in-depth special studies;
- Determine the applicability and effect of new or proposed legislation, executive orders, agency and bureau directives, and develop and/or evaluate current policies, issuances, and directives in assigned areas of responsibility;
- Manage and support high profile projects, operational systems and relational databases; and
- Prepare and/or provide briefings and presentations on analytical findings and recommendations for improving business processes and increasing operational efficiency.
- Job family (Series)
0343 Management And Program Analysis
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation and drug screen
- Males born after 12/31/59 must certify registration with Selective Service.
- Requirements by Closing Date: You must meet all requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
- Probationary Period: This is a full-time permanent position (Career/Career-Conditional appointment). Upon appointment to this position, you may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
GS-12: You qualify for the GS-12 grade level if you possess:
Experience: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service), performing duties such as: assisting in implementing, coordinating, and overseeing a variety of management programs; assisting in the development, implementation and monitoring of management information systems that focus on the program goals; and recommending policies, issuances and directives, to include oversight and coordination of identification, analysis and issuance of policies with managers and officials of the agency.
GS-13: You qualify for the GS-13 grade level if you possess:
Experience: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the federal service, performing duties such as: Planning and/or conducting special studies; Preparing and/or providing briefings and presentations on analytical findings and recommendations; Developing, implementing, and/or monitoring management information systems; Providing technical assistance and support to management; and Evaluating the applicability and effect of new or proposed legislation, executive orders, agency directives, and other agency decisions on organizational operations, managerial programs and requirements.
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Qualification claims will be subject to verification.
National Service Experience (i.e. volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Current or Former Political Appointees: The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.Education
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement. Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.Additional information
Bargaining Unit Status: This is a non-bargaining unit position.
Promotion Potential: When promotion potential is shown, the agency is not making a commitment and is not obligated to provide future promotions to you if you are selected. Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
E-Verify: DHS uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
Background Investigation: To ensure the accomplishment of our mission, DHS requires every employee to be reliable and trustworthy. To meet these standards, all selected applicants must undergo and successfully obtain and maintain a background investigation as a condition of placement into this position. This may include a credit check, a review of financial issues such as delinquency in the payment of debts, child support and/or tax obligations, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs.
Drug Testing: Pursuant to Executive Order 12564, and the DHS Drug-Free Workplace Plan, ICE is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and, therefore, personnel in safety- or security-sensitive positions (testing designated positions) are subject to random drug testing. Moreover, other drug testing of employees (e.g., reasonable suspicion drug test) may be conducted in order to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. All applicants tentatively selected for employment at ICE are subject to pre-employment drug testing and a final offer of employment is contingent upon a negative drug test result.
Suitability: If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application, prior to entry on duty. False statements on any part of the application may result in withdrawal of offer of employment, dismissal after beginning work, fine, or imprisonment.
The Department of Homeland Security encourages persons with disabilities to apply, to include persons with intellectual, severe physical or psychiatric disabilities, as defined by 5 CFR § 213.3102(u), and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30 percent or more as defined by 5 CFR § 315.707. Veterans, Peace Corps/VISTA volunteers, and persons with disabilities possess a wealth of unique talents, experiences, and competencies that can be invaluable to the DHS mission. If you are a member of one of these groups, you may not have to compete with the public for federal jobs. To determine your eligibility for non-competitive appointment and to understand the required documentation, click on the links above or contact the Servicing Human Resources Office listed at the bottom of this announcement.How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligibles: If you have never worked for the federal government, you are not ICTAP eligible. View information about ICTAP eligibility on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered well qualified under ICTAP, you must be rated at a minimum score of 85 for this position. In addition, you must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement.
Direct Hire Authority: These positions will be filled through the Office of Personnel Management's Direct Hire Authority. The "Rule of Three", Category Rating and Veterans Preference will not apply to this vacancy. For more information on Direct Hire Authority, please see: OPM Direct Hire Fact Sheet.
Veterans: Although the Direct Hire Authority permits hiring without regard to Veterans Preference, applicants who are eligible for Veterans Preference are still encouraged to include that information in their application and submit supporting documentation (i.e. DD-214, or other substantiating documents). This position is not considered scientific/professional. View information on veterans' preference.
Interview Requirement: Interviews may be required for this position. Failure to complete the interview may result in removal from further consideration.
DHS Benefits: DHS offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan [similar to a 401(k)]; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days; and paid federal holidays. Other benefits may include: flexible work schedules; telework; tuition reimbursement; transportation subsidies; uniform allowance; health and wellness programs; and fitness centers. DHS is committed to employee development and offers a variety of employee training and developmental opportunities. For more information, go the DHS Careers website and select Benefits. Disabled veteran leave will be available to any Federal employee hired on or after November 5, 2016, who is a veteran with a service-connected disability rating of 30 percent or more.
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
Not RequiredDrug test required
NoPosition sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate RiskTrust determination process
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
1. Resume showing relevant experience, education and training. Work experience should include: job title, duties, employer's name, employer's telephone number, employer's address, starting and ending dates (MM/YY), hours worked per week, and indicate whether or not we may contact your current supervisor.
2. Your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
3. Other supporting documents (only submit if applicable to you):
- Are you a current or former federal employee? Submit a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action that demonstrates your eligibility for consideration, e.g., length of time you have been in your current/highest grade (examples of appropriate SF-50s include promotions, with-in grade/range increases); your current promotion potential; proof of permanent appointment if applying based on an interchange agreement; etc. (Current ICE employees are not required to submit an SF-50).
- Are you a veteran? Submit Member Copy 4 of your DD-214 or other (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) or notice form. Those applying for 10-Point preference must fill out the SF-15 and provide an official document dated 1991 or later, from the Department of Veterans Affairs or from a branch of the Armed Forces, and/or any other associated documentation based on your preference. If applying based on eligibility under the Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) Act, you must submit certification from the Armed Forces that you will be discharged or released from active duty within 120 days from the date on the certification. This must indicate your dates of service, your rank, and confirm that you will be separated under honorable conditions.
- Are you claiming special priority selection rights under the Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP/CTAP)? If so, submit:
- A copy of your RIF separation notice, notice of proposed removal for failure to relocate, notice of disability annuity termination, or certification from the National Guard Bureau or Military Department that you are eligible for disability retirement;
- A copy of your SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action'', documenting your RIF separation, noting your positions, grade level, and duty location, and/or Agency certification of inability to place you through RPL, etc.;
- A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; and
- Any documentation from your agency that shows your current promotion potential.
- Are you a current or former political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee? Submit a copy of your applicable SF-50, along with a statement that provides the following information regarding your most recent political appointment:
- Position title;
- Type of appointment (Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES, or Presidential Appointee);
- Agency; and
- Beginning and ending dates of appointment.
- You may be asked to provide a copy of your recent performance appraisal and/or incentive awards.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This announcement will be open for 5 business days OR until the first 500 applications have been received, whichever happens first. Due to high volume of applicants, not all applicants will be considered.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Salary: The salary range indicated in this announcement will be adjusted to include locality payment for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages .
As a Management and Program Analyst you will serve as an expert analyst and advisor on the evaluation of the effectiveness of programs and operations and/or the productivity and efficiency of management policies. Typical work assignments include:
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
associate creative director, Social MediaStarbucksJob Posting : Oct 22, 2021 Job Posting End Date : Nov 22, 2021 Location : US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center Starbucks - Marketing and Brand ManagementFrom the7 hour agoShareSeattle, WA
Project DeveloperTC EnergyJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Project Developer Reference Code: 94361 Location: United States (US) - Houston, TX Job Category:7 hour agoShareHouston, TX
Hydrologist for FHNRMayor's Office of Contract Services$75,504 - $86,830 a yearJob details Salary $75,504 - $86,830 a year Full Job Description Job Description The mission of Forestry, Horticulture and Natural Resources (FHNR) is to7 hour agoShareManhattan, NY
Customer Service AssociatesFH Cann & Associates Inc.Job details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Summary FHC is a growing company, and we want you to be part of it, as we have recently been awarded another7 hour agoShareRemote
Digital Marketing Manager | Part-time, Fully RemoteEvan Marc KatzFrom $40 an hourJob details Salary From $40 an hour Job Type Part-time Contract Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Required) Marketing: 27 hour agoShareRemote