Medical Policy Intern
Job details Job Type Internship Full Job Description
About the Company:
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a clinical services and information technology company using evidence-based medicine to develop and deploy medical policies and protocols in the high-volume, dynamic and complex diagnostic lab environment. The company manages the appropriate use of thousands of existing lab tests and researches new tests to determine efficacy and impact on patient care.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies. Since its launch 15 years ago, FP has raised approximately $10 billion and invested in more than 150 companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. You’ll enjoy seeing the results of your work as we rapidly implement our plan. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at http://www.avalonhcs.com.
This position is a remote role, and work will be conducted on an as needed quarterly basis. At this time, we can only consider candidates authorized to work in the US. No sponsorship is available. No recruiter calls, please.
Medical Policy Intern - Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Formatting, updating, publishing, and archiving documents
- Keeping track of all policy changes and client variances in several spreadsheets and trackers
- Filing and maintaining of multiple forms and electronic documents such as Client Summaries
- Updating and maintaining various spreadsheets
- Conducting prospective client policy alignments
- Manage post-CAB client process
- Monitor variances to AHS policy
- Monitor for Client Custom policy coverage criteria
- Provide administrative support for Laboratory Policy team
- Provide inter-departmental communication regarding policy updates
Scientific writing support:
- Research and summarize evidence-based scientific literature
- Revise content of existing Avalon scientific laboratory policies
- Draft new policies
Medical Policy Intern - Qualifications:
- Strong general admin skills
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Strong attention to details
- Flexible to changes and innovation
- Ability to learn new technologies
BooksellerHalf Price Books, Records, Magazines, Inc.O U R M I S S I O N S T A T E M E N T "Be fair to customers and our employees, promote literacy, be kind to the environment and remain financially viable so we may41 minute agoShareRedmond, WA 98052
Customer Service Representative-I PBS-KTrinity HealthEmployment Type: Full time Shift: Day Shift Description: POSITION PURPOSE =Work Remote Position The Customer Service Representative handles customer inquiries in a41 minute agoShareMason City, IA 50401
IT Support Technician (Fremont, CA)TeslaRole Tesla is currently looking for an IT Help desk Technician to join our team in Fremont, CA office. The IT Help Desk is the first point of contact for IT related42 minute agoShareFremont, CA
Policy AdvocateProtect DemocracyProtect Democracy seeks Policy Advocates who are passionate about protecting our democracy to rebuild and strengthen democratic norms and institutions by developing42 minute agoShareRemote
Administrative Specialist, ZA-0341-II(GS-9/11)US Department of Commerce$60,129 - $94,581 a yearJob details Salary $60,129 - $94,581 a year Job Type Full-time Part-time Full Job Description Duties Summary Are you ready to explore your future with NIST?Your42 minute agoShareGaithersburg, MD