Modelling and Simulation Engineer, New Shepard
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a hardworking team of diverse engineers, you will create multi-domain dynamic mathematical models for various spaceflight systems. In this role, you will work alongside the guidance, navigation, and control (GN&C) team to continue development of a validated simulation environment suitable for verifying human-rated GN&C software. You will leverage your strong first principles skills to develop simulation models for various subsystems, interpret bench and flight test data to validate and tune models, and continually develop and improve documentation, tooling, and automation. You will see these models through to integration in the hardware-in-the-loop test environments and support verification efforts as needed. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometimes uncertain environment, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!Qualifications:
- M.S. degree in aerospace, mechanical, electrical engineering, physics, or related discipline
- 2+ years of proven experience or PhD
- Strong fundamentals in dynamic systems and rotational kinematics
- Strong software and model development skills, particularly in MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience developing and verifying physical models for the purpose of control design, component sizing, and system performance evaluation
- Highly organized and capable of planning and working with technical peers across a variety of domains (e.g. guidance, control, aerodynamic, propulsion, mechanical, fluid, electrical, thermal)
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
- Knowledge of multi-body dynamics, flexible body dynamics, gas dynamics, fluids, thermodynamics, and/or fluid slosh
- Experience with electro-mechanical, hydraulic and electrical subsystems
- Experience anchoring/fitting first principles models to test data or high-fidelity external simulations using system identification or other numerical methods
- Experience with Monte Carlo simulation testing
- Knowledge of guidance, navigation, and control principles
- Experience supporting flight testing or launch operations
- Proven system engineering, configuration management skills
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. § 1157-1158. Learn more about the ITAR here .Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here .Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at [email protected] .
Machine Learning EngineerNN TechUp to $100 an hourJob details Salary Up to $100 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Qualifications Python: 5 years5 hour agoShareRemote
Engineer AerodynamicsGE Gas PowerJob Description Summary The individual will be responsible for the aerodynamic design and analysis of flowpath components, including flowpath layout, stationary and6 hour agoShareGreenville, SC 29615
Part Manufacturing Estimator and Fulfillment CoordinatorSYNCFAB$1,500 - $2,500 a monthJob details Salary $1,500 - $2,500 a month Job Type Full-time Part-time Contract Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Bachelor's20 hour agoShareRemote
Junior Software Engineer using .NET and Angular 9+CUE Audio$53,956 - $57,900 a yearJob details Salary $53,956 - $57,900 a year Job Type Full-time Contract Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications English (Required) Bachelor's20 hour agoShareDenver, CO
Customer Support Engineer - AccountingVeruna, Inc.$65,000 - $80,000 a yearJob details Salary $65,000 - $80,000 a year Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Bachelor's (Preferred) Help desk: 1 year20 hour agoShareRemote