Official Stenograhpic Court Reporter to the Honorable Geoffrey Tenney
The Honorable Geoffrey Tenney, who is chambered in the Wright County Courthouse, is seeking an Official Stenographic Court Reporter.
This position serves the public, judges, and other court employees by capturing verbatim recordings of court proceedings using a stenographic machine and by preparing transcripts in accordance with rules of court, opinions, state statutes, legal guidelines and policies, to achieve an impartial, accessible, fair, and timely system of justice.
This position is in the Tenth Judicial District at The Wright County Courthouse, located 10 2nd St NW #201, Buffalo, MN 55313. The normal hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM.
We have comprehensive benefits, to learn more click the benefits tab above.
Example of Duties
The following are examples of major job duties expected for this position to perform:
- Capture verbatim record of court proceedings
- Mark and record exhibits as presented at hearings
- Prepares transcripts and court orders
- Maintains accurate and complete files and records
- Maintains awareness of Rules, Statutes and policy changes/additions/deletions
- Serves as confidential employee to appointing authority
- Some travel may be required
High school diploma or the equivalent and any combination of training and work experience which indicates possession of the knowledge, abilities, and skills listed in the classification specification.
A person seeking employment with the Branch for the position of Official Stenographic Court Reporter must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent; and
- Graduation from a court reporting school approved by the National Court Reporters Association (NCRA) within the past two years; or
- Compliance with one of the following:
- Received a Registered Professional Reporter (RPR) designation from the NCRA; or
- Received an equivalent certification from another state or territory of the United States, or professional court reporter association; or
- Have been practicing proficiently as a professional stenographic reporter for the past two (2) years and within one (1) month of hire, accurately take a minimum of 20 minutes of court proceedings alongside a stenographic court reporter who has an RPR designation or certification as provided in clauses (a) or (b) , and then produce a transcript with 95% accuracy as described in (d) below; or
- Obtain RPR designation from the NCRA within two years of hire. Pending receipt of the RPR designation, must, within one (1) month of hire, accurately take a minimum of 20 minutes of court proceedings alongside a stenographic court reporter who has an RPR designation or certification as provided in clauses (a) or (b), and then produce a transcript. The participating RPR certified stenographer will determine that Ninety-five (95) percent accuracy is achieved to successfully complete this requirement.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch (MJB) is committed to providing fair and equal access to justice. If you share this same commitment, desire a meaningful career serving the public, and want the opportunity to make a difference for your community, consider a career with us.
Minnesota Judicial Branch employees consistently express pride in their public service and in the quality of programs and services provided to customers, as well as appreciation for the teamwork and collaboration that is promoted within the MJB.
The Tenth Judicial District is a part of the Minnesota Judicial Branch and covers the 8 Counties in the Northern Suburbs of the Twin Cities Metro Area.
Instructions to Apply:
Please apply for this position online by clicking the Apply link near the top of this page. (For instructions on creating and submitting your online application, click on the How to Apply link in the left-hand menu at the top of this page.
Posted for internal and external applications simultaneously pursuant to the terms of the Teamsters Court Reporter bargaining unit agreement. Employment offers may be rescinded if the required criminal background check identifies job related convictions.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or 763.279.0166
It is the policy of the Minnesota Judicial Branch that all decisions regarding employment are made without discrimination on the basis of disability.
Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation for a disability to participate in the employee selection process by contacting HR, [email protected]
The Minnesota Judicial Branch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Minnesota Judicial Branch that all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment be made without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age. We value and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Transactions Associate I (Court Orders and Levies)JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.Job details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Court Orders and Levies (COAL) COAL processes Asset-Based Orders served on JP Morgan Chase by restraining7 hour agoShareSan Antonio, TX
Social Media CoordinatorMissing ArchivesFrom $15,000 a yearJob details Salary From $15,000 a year Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Required) Marketing: 1 year13 hour agoShareAlhambra, CA 91801
Communications and Publications Coordinator-Children's Oncology Group (COG)Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Location: LOC_ROBERTS-Roberts Ctr Pediatric Research Req ID: 150355 Shift: Any Employment Status: Regular -19 hour agoSharePhiladelphia, PA 19146
Clinical Research Coordinator AUniversity of PennsylvaniaJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description University Overview The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a1 day agoSharePhiladelphia, PA 19104+27 locations
Training and Development Management 2Change HealthcareJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description The Manager of Professional Development is responsible for the educational needs of Risk Adjustment Clinical1 day agoShareMontana+48 locations