Packaging Specialist (Senior)
Job details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description
We’re a leader in the pet care industry, which means we’re not only ahead in volume, profit, and market share, we’re at the forefront of innovative product, process and packaging development that’s allowing us to lead the march in pushing pet nutrition, Treats and Litter Products forward. Our Mission is to Develop, Implement and Support quality packaging solutions that are safe and innovative. We create value by leveraging our technical expertise to strategically lead and effectively collaborate with our stakeholders to meet our customer’s needs.
Your larger team – the Technical Services group – creates products, engineering, and technical solutions brought to life through collaboration and cross-functional teamwork. As a Packaging Specialist, you will provide leadership and support in the areas of packaging design, packaging development, operational capability, technical evaluations, training, etc. to meet divisional needs for packaging used to protect all of our products (bags, canisters, cartons, cases, pails, pouches, jugs, date coding, labeling, inserts, palletizing etc.). This role will have an emphasis on sustainable packaging solutions, development of recyclable packaging, incorporation of post-consumer recycle solutions and solving internal and external infrastructure challenges. You will also have access to and become part of Nestlé’s worldwide packaging technology network.
We’ll count on you to leverage your sharp packaging background and experiences to help make our organization successful! We’re a culture that continuously challenges ourselves to Stand Taller and ask “What’s Next?” So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the ‘mix’?
- Conduct testing required to support packaging improvements and new packaging launches, including all sizing, filling and ship stability tests as required.
- Create and communicate packaging specifications and finished handlings specifications, based on test results.
- Evaluate and test shipping supplies; make suggestions on improvements (i.e. pallets, slip sheets, void filler, stretch film, etc.).
- Conduct research and development of optimum packaging to better meet customer and consumers needs and wants.
- Work closely with Marketing, Purchasing, R&D, Finance, and Operations to assure proposed packaging is desirable from all points of view.
- Recommend new types of packaging and sources to management teams.
- Seek out new packaging technologies and coordinate all testing of alternate or new packaging, implementing solutions from initial concept to plants, engineering, operations scheduling, QA, pallet configuration and communication, and approval process.
All other duties as assigned.
- Level of position determinant upon background and relevant experience.
- Position requires ~40-50% travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, packaging, engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of packaging experience in formats such as flexible, ridged, cartons, multi-wall bags, consumer products, industrial, pharmaceutical and/or medical devices.
Willing and able to travel up to 40-50% of the time.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission-you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [email protected] to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.
CS- Compliance Specialist-Remote PositionAdvantage Credit$18 an hourJob details Salary $18 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Qualifications Mortgage Auditing: 2 years6 hour agoShareRemote
Executive Assistant to the President & CEONew Jersey Community CapitalReporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as6 hour agoShareNew Brunswick, NJ 08901+1 location
Impact, Monitoring, and Evaluation (M&E) SpecialistAmerican StandardOverview: About SATO Created in 2012 with the aim to tackle the global sanitation challenge, SATO is an award-winning social business with the purpose to offer6 hour agoShareUnited States
Ice Cream Maker Three - 3rd ShiftDreyer's Grand Ice Cream(Ice Cream Maker Three - 3rd Shift) Are you looking to catapult your career by driving high-impact transformation with household brands? Do you crave an entrepreneurial,7 hour agoShareTulare, CA 93274
Senior IS Project Manager - Temporary - 12 monthsProvidenceJob details Job Type Full-time Temporary Full Job Description Description: Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior IS Project Manager PSJH to our location7 hour agoShareRenton, WA 98057