Established in 1744, Sotheby's is the world's premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby's promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. Our trusted global marketplace is supported by a network of specialists spanning 40 countries and 50 categories, which include Contemporary Art, Modern and Impressionist Art, Old Masters, Chinese Works of Art, Jewelry, Watches, Wine and Spirits, and Interiors, among many others.
As a member of the Production team, you will be responsible for inputting and editing valuations data accurately and in a timely manner, working with specialist departments, account managers, and within the production team to compile the necessary documentation and produce high quality documents for release to clients and government regulatory agencies alike.
- Work closely with a designated team of Account Managers and Administrators to accurately input and update valuations data received from Specialist departments and clients from hand-written notes, documents and spreadsheets while adhering to stringent deadlines and style guidelines
- Act as technical point-person, providing guidance to the designated team regarding the production component of valuations
- Coordinate with specialist department administrators to determine their valuation document needs and provide assistance and guidance on valuations requirements, process, and input
- Ensure data and formatting is consistent with multiple department styles and that documents are error free
- Proactively review and edit valuations, communicating with specialists when necessary to discuss and clarify questions/issues
- Ensure output of document conforms with company standards
- Provide on-site support for Account Managers and Specialists during appraisal visits (some travel may be required)
- Create, review and edit offline table of contents, affidavit, front and back matter and biographies for valuations
- Work on ad hoc projects as directed by the Production Manager
IDEAL EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Strong typing skills
- Skilled in the Microsoft Office suite, with strong technical problem-solving skills and the ability to learn new systems and enhancements to existing systems
- Proficiency in Excel, ability to manipulate data with knowledge and understanding of text functions and v-lookup
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to prioritize multiple highly important processes and responsibilities to meet deadlines and manage expectations
- Ability to work as a team player yet be self-directed to work independently
- Detail oriented, accurate, discreet, dependable and resourceful
- Strong oral and written communication skills to be able to communicate across different areas of the business
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain focus and concentration while performing highly detailed and sometimes repetitive activities
- Interest and understanding of fine art and furniture and decorative arts
The proposed base salary for this position ranges from $45,000-$55,000. In addition to base salary successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus, as well as a competitive benefits package. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered.
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the US, please click here.
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the UK, Hong Kong, France and Switzerland, please click here.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.
Office ManagerPatenaude & Felix, APC$20 - $24 an hourFull-timeMonday to FridayPatenaude & Felix, APC is looking to hire a full-time Legal Assistant to join our firm Portland, Oregon office. Do you want to work for a law firm that offers you3 minute agoSharePortland, OR 97201 (Downtown area)
Production SpecilaistEF Explore AmericaFull-timeJob Title: Production SpecialistDivision: EF Explore AmericaLocation: Washington, D.C.The Role When you work in operations at EF, you play a vital role in fulfilling15 minute agoShareWashington, DC 20004 (Downtown area)
EDITORIAL AND DESKTOP PUBLISHING ASSISTANT, RUSSIANUnited NationsThis position is located in the Text-Processing Unit, Russian Translation Service, Documentation Division of the Department of General Assembly and Conference1 hour agoShareNew York, NY+2 locations
Assistant Marketing Manager, Campaigns and Content, Sephora at KohlsSephora USA$94,000 - $104,000 a yearFull-timePOSITION Assistant Marketing Manager, Campaigns and Content, Sephora at Kohls PROFILE Job ID: 223476 Location Name: FSC REMOTE SF/NY/DC -173(USA_0173)1 hour agoShareRemote
Eligibility Analyst - RemoteUnitedHealth Group$22.45 - $43.89 an hourFull-timeOptum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly1 hour agoShareRemote in Schaumburg, IL 60168