Division: EF Explore America
Location: Washington, D.C.
When you work in operations at EF, you play a vital role in fulfilling the company’s mission: Opening the World Through Education. As a Production Specialist, you are responsible for planning and managing the logistics and details of a unique portfolio of tours within North America. To do this, you work closely with suppliers, tour directors, and other teams across Explore America to ensure our tours are well-built and provide an excellent customer experience. The Production Specialist also liaises with the Sales, Product, and Procurement teams to continuously improve our tours and internal operations.Responsibilities: Tour Production
- Produce tour itineraries efficiently at scale that support our strategic business objectives around cost and quality management, itinerary optimization, and tour personalization.
- Collaborate with our Procurement team to identify supplier and contracting needs – such as restaurants, hotels, and attractions – that better serve our customers.
- Support our Sales staff with expert product knowledge to help them prepare our customers before traveling.
- Prepare Tour Directors before their tour to better understand our customers and to deliver an excellent on-tour experience.
- Support our groups on -tour to problem solve incidents and emergency situations, such as itinerary adjustments, group logistic changes, and minor medical issues.
- Analyze customer feedback and supplier insights to improve tour production efficiency, optimize itinerary flow, and develop tour personalization at scale.
- Develop and maintain resources that aid in tour production and document standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with teams across Explore America to develop and deliver product improvements, product testing, and EF exclusive partnerships.
- 1- 2 years of professional or internship experience
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Able to think critically and creatively to problem solve under pressure
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining awareness of the larger mission
- Great communication skills, both oral and written
- A self-directed, results-oriented, team player
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Interest in technology, database management, and Lean Methodologies are not required but are a plus
As if changing teachers’ and students’ lives and making the world a better place isn’t enough, we also offer the opportunity to:
- Live Well
- 25% company match on your 401(k) contributions
- Expand your worldview with paid business travel plus three weeks of paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two)
- Highly subsidized, market-leading health and dental benefits plan
- Stay healthy with on-site fitness classes and access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Competitive fertility assistance benefits and paid parental leave programs
- Live your Truth:
- We believe our business, like our world, is better when we embrace diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Build your network by joining Explore America’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Committee
- Join one (or several) of our employee-led clubs or affinity (we call them “EF-inity”) groups such as LGBTQ+ @ EF, Black @ EF, and Latinos @ EF. Don’t see a resource group, affinity group or club that matches your passion? Feel free to create one!
- Live Engaged
- We work in an open environment without cubicles or private offices
- Enjoy comprehensive in-house professional development opportunities with weekly training and workshops
EF Explore America, a division of EF Education First, is one of the largest providers of teacher-led student tours in North America. Students and teachers from all across the USA travel with us on tours throughout North America. Tours to Washington, D.C., New York City, and Boston have been our bread and butter for years, and our travelers also expand their worldview by visiting San Francisco, Puerto Rico, Chicago, Montreal, and beyond. From sales and marketing to operations and finance, our teammates are headquartered in Boston with a regional office in Washington, D.C., and presence in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and throughout Texas.
About EF Education First:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
Chemical Production OperatorallnexUp to $38 an hour8 hour shift +1At allnex, you can go to work knowing you make a lasting impact on the world around you. Our work helps to protect and improve more than 1,000 products; from interior1 hour agoShareEast Saint Louis, IL
Production Operator - Weekend NightsChurch & Dwight$23 an hourFull-timeWeekend availabilityA collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference. We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our2 hour agoShareYork, PA
Manager, Beer CultureAnheuser-Busch$94,400 - $112,100 a yearFull-timeDreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world’s most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real2 hour agoShareSt. Louis, MO+4 locations
Customer - Food ServiceKwik Trip Inc$15 an hourAlready a Kwik Trip Coworker? Follow this link to apply: myapps.kwiktrip.comLocation: Kwik Star 1119Minimum Starting Pay: $15.00Shift: Variable Food/Guest Service2 hour agoShareEmmetsburg, IA 50536+126 locations
Industry 4.0 & Smart Manufacturing Specialist (Rotation and Mentorship Program)EricssonEstimated $77.3K - $97.8K a yearAre you an upbeat, edgy, highly collaborative early career professional who excels in problem solving and sophisticated tech design? Are you energized by complex4 hour agoShareLewisville, TX