Program Associate, Bridging Sectors to Create Health
Full Job Description
The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is guided by a mission to support national public health system initiatives and strengthen public health institutes to promote multi-sector activities resulting in measurable improvements of public health structures, systems, and outcomes. NNPHI works to unite public health institutes, training centers, community organizations, government agencies, health care systems, and businesses in advancing public health practice and improving population health. Mobilizing more than 40-member public health institutes with over $1.4 billion in annual funding – as well as 10 university-based regional training centers and 40 affiliates – NNPHI is a social, financial and information network, connecting more than 8,000 subject-matter experts with organizational partners across the nation. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout all 50 states and Puerto Rico.
In collaboration with Bridging Sectors to Create Health portfolio, NNPHI is seeking a Program Associate to provide project management support to a diverse and growing array of public health projects related to public health’s engagement with other sectors including behavioral health, education, health care, payors, and more.The Opportunity
The Program Associate will work independently and collaboratively to provide critical support to NNPHI program managers in the Bridging Portfolio with tasks including the establishment and monitoring of project timelines; communication requests and needs related to disseminating project outcomes; contract management support (including contract request/initiation, contract documentation collection, invoice review, processing, and logging, and communication with contractors); budget management support (including invoice review, processing, and logging); scheduling and note-taking for program meetings; communication with program partners and funders; basic information gathering and collection to inform project design and management; and reporting.
Primary Responsibilities of the Toxicology Data Fellow include:
- Collaborate with NNPHI teams to develop, monitor, and update project timelines, ensuring that deliverables are completed on time.
- Develop and facilitate communications activities related to disseminating project outcomes to NNPHI’s membership as well as larger audiences.
- Provide contract management support to NNPHI Program Managers as needed including all phases of contracting from initiation/contract requesting through to contract close-out.
- Provide budget management support to NNPHI Program Managers as needed including receiving project related invoices, reviewing invoices for accuracy, processing invoices for payment, and logging invoices to assist with budget management and expense tracking.
- Assist with scheduling meetings, conference calls, and webinars and provide agenda development and note-taking support as needed.
- Assist with requests for proposals and grant administration processes by drafting RFP language, tracking submissions, scoring submissions, and responding to requests for assistance.
- Participate on regular project management calls.
- Participate in monthly Bridging portfolio meetings and contribute to developing the portfolio’s strategy for growth.
- Support project reporting to funders including planning for and writing proposals for new projects.
- Assist in preparing presentations and other documents as requested by partners and funders.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Approximately quarterly travel will be required (please note: all NNPHI travel has been suspended due to the Covid-19 emergency, no travel will be expected until this suspension is lifted).Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
The Program Associate must have a bachelor’s degree with at least two years of professional experience or a master’s degree in public health or related field. Commensurate professional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- Training/education and interest in public health
- Experience providing coordination support for programs
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize systems and web-based applications
- Strong communication skills, particularly in email and phone etiquette
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to multiple demands simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with diverse partners and constituents and function as a productive member of a team.
- Attention to detail and a strong value for high-quality work products
- Independent work ethic and positive, self-starter attitude
- Strong customer service orientation.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will commence remotely. Ultimately, NNPHI requires the position will be based in either of our two office locations. Therefore, applicants should indicate their preference to work in NNPHI offices located in New Orleans or Washington, DC.
Applications including a cover letter, resume, salary requirement and one educational and one professional reference should be sent to: [email protected] In order to expedite the internal sorting and reviewing process, please title the subject line: Attn: Program Associate, Bridging.
Salary range of $45,000-55,000, commensurate with education and experience. NNPHI offers a highly competitive and benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/FSA/parking/transportation, generous retirement contributions and annual leave.
NNPHI is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Contact Tracer & Enrollment Specialistemocha Mobile Health Inc.$20 an hourStatus: Consultant, 40-45 hours a weekLocation: RemoteCompensation: $20.00 per hour Overview: emocha Health is hiring Contact Tracers and Enrollment Specialist to1 hour agoShareRemote
AmazingCo - Customer Service Superstars! Full and part time opportunitiesAmazingCo$15 - $18 an hourAbout the opportunity We are looking for driven and motivated individuals to join a fast paced and high growth environment. If you're a customer service superstar6 hour agoShareRemote
Castle Rock Nike Factory Store Associate Seasonal Part-Time (Athlete)Nike$17 - $23 an hourWe Are looking for a Castle Rock Nike Factory Store Associate Seasonal Part-Time ("Athlete") Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the7 hour agoShareCastle Rock, CO 80108
Talent Acquisition SpecialistDispatchHealth$75,000 - $80,000 a yearJob details Salary $75,000 - $80,000 a year Job Type Full-time Qualifications Recruiting: 3 years (Required) Clinical Recruiting: 1 year (Preferred) Full Job7 hour agoShareRemote
Data Entry SpecialistMountain View Pain Center$15 - $18 an hourFull Job Description Responsibilities: Processes electronic and paper data to maintain clinical record compliance. Audits medical records regularly for document7 hour agoShareGreenwood Village, CO 80111