Job details Salary $4,200 - $4,500 a month Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Posting InformationPosting Number 2021425
Posting/Functional Title Publications Writer - The Graduate College
University Pay Plan Title Publica Writer
Location San Marcos
Department The Graduate College
Recruitment Type Open to All
Job Type Full-Time
Monthly Salary $4,200 - $4,499.62
Job Category Exempt
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, advertising, journalism, English, creative writing, or a related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to write clearly for various audiences and communication outlets.
- Experience with copyediting and conforming to style guides and identity standards.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to organize, multi-task, and function well under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with others as part of a creative team, and to interact well in a professional and productive manner with staff at all levels of the organization and with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience with textual content development for web sites, publications, communications, and/or social media within a business or University environment.
- Master’s degree.
- Two years of professional experience in a higher education setting.
- Strong understanding of the Texas State University graduate student culture.
- Ability to productively use various computer software packages (Microsoft Office Suite, GATO, Hootsuite, MailChimp, Web Tools, Adobe Design Suite, Google Analytics, Lucid Press, Wrike, etc.), and/or a willingness and aptitude to learn new software/technology as needed to complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
Job Description The Publications Writer is a regular, 12-month, full time (100%) staff position reporting directly to the Dean of The Graduate College. The Publications Writer assists in the implementation of a comprehensive college-wide communications plan including publications, electronic newsletters, email communications to applicants and current students, The Graduate College’s website, social media, marketing, and publicity. Thus, the position plays a key role in Graduate College marketing, student recruitment, branding, and news dissemination.
- Compile, compose, and distribute college-wide communications including electronic newsletters, social media, press releases, reports, email, and calendars conforming to University messaging, design templates, and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain textual content for the Graduate College website. Maintain internal communications and events planning calendars, as well as calendars published on the Graduate College website.
- Participate in the production of the Graduate College podcast and photography/video projects.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of major Graduate College programs, projects, and special events such as receptions, conferences, workshops, annual events, lectures, staff and/or student appreciation events, etc. Examples of associated duties include:
- Design and implementation of marketing and publicity.
- Preparation of materials needed for events.
- Attendance at programs, projects, and special events for purposes of generating feature stories for the website.
- Establish and maintain a broad range of campus contacts and interact with a wide variety of stakeholders such as deans, directors, department chairs of academic and administrative units, faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
- Work closely with the office of University Marketing.
Additional Information to Applicants To receive consideration, applicants must clearly indicate in the cover letter the ways in which they meet the job’s qualifications. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
Applicants must attach to the electronic application:
- a business-style cover letter addressing in detail the required and preferred qualifications and job duties (max 2 pages in length)
- a resume
- two writing samples of the applicant’s choice
- the names and contact information of three references
Job Open Date 07/26/2021
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) 08/09/2021
Open Until Filled No
Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM
Posting Notices You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, and list of references to your application.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
- Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
- Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
- Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
- Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
- An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
- Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
YouTube ProducerCBSJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Job Posting Title: YouTube Producer Department: CBS News.com Editorial & Product Location: New York,1 week agoShareNew York, NY 10019
Staff Writer, The New YorkerConde NastJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description The New Yorker is a multi-platform media enterprise, spanning print, digital, audio, video, and live events.1 week agoShareNew York, NY+3 locations
Community Outreach Developer Engineering / SVP / New YorkCitiAbout the Role The Community Outreach role for Developer Engineering is part of a globally distributed team focused on driving community engagement with the initiative1 week agoShareNew York, NY
Freelance Healthcare Professional Writer, ClinicianGoodRxGoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, 20 million people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare1 week agoShareRemote
Senior Narrative DesignerTalesJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Tales is creating a modern publishing platform. We connect writers to data, upgrade their monetization, and give07-09-2021ShareRemote