Work type: Full-Time
Location: Other - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions
The College of Nursing and Health Professions is seeking a Receptionist/Scheduler. Team members are expected uphold the health center mission by assuring that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, and meets with a high degree of satisfaction. In addition, staff must support FPCN's commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
- Assist in the courteous and efficient management of connecting patients and guests who are physically in the office and those individuals who are on the phone with the appropriate services and/or staff in a timely and accurate manner.
- Initiate services for patients which involve: signing-in, updating basic demographic information, confirming payment method, validating health insurance coverage, and preparing necessary paper work. Additional services may be warranted depending on if the patient’s status is new or established and if the patient seeks more specialized services.
- Manage phone calls coming in to the front desk by directing calls to appropriate staff members and facilitating documentation of messages (i.e. electronic, hand-written).
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Call before their scheduled visit to remind them to keep their appointment.
- Constantly update and utilize pertinent information about the health insurance carriers that the Practice accepts.
- Insure all patient billing forms are correct, accurate and batched according to the patient sign in sheet on a daily basis.
- Initiate and further assist in fee assessing applicable patients, which includes utilizing the Practice’s sliding fee schedule. Perform cash collection and reconciliation of all patient fees.
- Maintain patient charts – both written and electronic.
- Provide additional clerical tasks: filing, typing, faxing, and copying documents
- Open and distribute mail immediately upon receipt daily.
- Facilitate the ordering of office/janitorial and medical and/or dental supplies for respective site.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in both written and verbal formats.
- Initiate the enforcement of the Practice’s Late Policy for care of patients.
- Possess exemplary knowledge of and enforce all Practice policies and procedures that impact the work of the PSR and front desk.
- Adhere to OSHA guidelines.
- Assisting in coordinating utilization of the Practice’s transportation services.
- Serve as PSR at any of the practice sites, when deemed necessary.
- Take primary responsibility for securing the building at the close of the business day.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of relevant experience
- One (1) year in a Health/Dental Care facility
- Previous scheduling experience with an Electronic Practice Management system. Dental setting or primary care setting preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Good intermediate mathematics skills
- Knowledge of Centricity preferred
- Familiarity with medical/dental terminology
- Computer Competency with proficiency in word processing
- Exemplary skill at managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- High level of patience, courtesy, and concentration
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills as well as listening skills
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Highly reliable and dependable
- Experience in effectively relating to people
- Ability to effectively relate via telephone
- Responds constructively to pressure situations and time limits
- Initiatives work independently with minimum amount of supervision.
- Current CPR
- Exhibit behaviors that align with RHD/FPCN’s organizational values, mission, and beliefs and avoid displaying behaviors that are in opposition to those values
- Support FPCN's commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
- Demonstrate cultural competence/proficiency in interactions with others by treating co-workers, colleagues and those receiving service with respect and fairness at all times.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and professional relationships based on respect, trust, and safety.
- Ability to create a space for staff and those we serve to feel physically and emotionally safe.
- Ability to support individuals on their paths to recovery and healing and resist re-traumatization of staff and patients.
- Demonstrate exemplary problem -solving, communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Highly responsible and reliable as well as courteous
- Unconditional ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
Other – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Non-Exempt with a salary grade of E. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Please review the Benefits Brochure for some information on our benefits offerings.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Sep 26 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 26 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Judicial Services Assistant - Family Relations Center DivisionSacramento Superior Court$29.60 - $35.96 an hourFull-timeDescription Under general direction, performs a wide variety of specialized clerical and technical administrative duties for judicial officers,3 hour agoShareSacramento, CA 95826 (College-Glen area)
Front Desk AdministratorIvoclar$22 an hourPart-time +1Day shift +2Front Desk AdministratorLocation: Somerset, New Jersey Purpose Responsible for executing the day-to-day administrative and receptionist activities including: employee5 hour agoShareSomerset, NJ
ReceptionistChaffin Luhana LLP$14 - $18 an hourPart-timeMonday to Friday** IMPORTANT: TO APPLY ** You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions. Do NOT apply through the quick apply on13 hour agoShareRemote
Front Desk AssociateNew Age Property Associates$21.75 - $26.35 an hourFull-timeMonday to Friday +5We are looking for a pleasant Front Desk Associate to undertake all receptionist and clerical duties at the desk of our main entrance. You will be the “face”13 hour agoShareNew York, NY 10017 (Midtown area)
VOCA Trauma Recovery Ctr. Coordinator Scheduling FT DaysRWJBarnabas HealthFull-timeYou are in demand everywhere...but it pays to come here! If you want to work in a premier hospital that wins awards, nurtures people, and tirelessly strives to13 hour agoShareJersey City, NJ 07302 (Downtown area)+1 location