Recruiting Manager, AD-0301-00-Census-EXT-JM
- Supervise and manage a decentralized workforce in various geographic locations across Los Angeles County, CA.
- Lead a team to ensure staffing needs are met and locally represented for all geographic locations.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with local news media, community leaders, organizations, and local government officials to promote community cooperation and generate support for recruitment efforts.
- Maintain relationships with organizations that refer applicants and other employment sources.
- Recruit, train, and supervise recruiting assistants, office operations supervisors and office clerks.
- Develop and implement a recruiting campaign, monitor recruitment results to ensure large volumes of applicants apply within a specific geographic location.
- Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizen and must be 18 years or older to be hired.
- Suitability/Background Investigation for Federal employment.
- Registered with Selective Service, if a male born after 12/31/59
- A supervisory trial period may be required.
- This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.Qualifications
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the application submitted clearly indicates that they meet the qualifications listed below. To be eligible for this position, you must have the specialized experience.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
EXPERIENCE: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience for this position that includes experience managing, supervising, leading staff, assigning work and setting priorities. Experience managing a decentralized workforce. Experience providing outreach to various external networks such as local news media, community organizations and leaders, government officials. Experience communicating with internal management, training individuals and groups on recruiting techniques and strategies for hard to recruit locations. Experience implementing and monitoring a recruitment campaign to ensure large volumes of applicants apply within a specific geographic location.
EDUCATION: Education cannot be substituted for experience.Education Additional information
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment.
- 30% or more disabled veteran
- Persons with Disabilities
The Department of Commerce provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Office at 301-763-4060. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job opportunity announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "gold," "silver," and "bronze." Your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the "gold" category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans' preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold).
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response.
- Ability to lead, supervise, assign work, set priorities, coordinate, plan and oversee subordinate staff.
- Ability to communicate and interact with people with various levels of responsibility, while presenting information clearly and logically.
- Skill in working with local news media, community leaders and organizations as well as local government officials to promote community cooperation and generate support for recruitment efforts.
- Ability to train individuals and groups in recruiting techniques and strategies for hard to recruit locations.
- Skill in implementing and monitoring recruitment campaign to revenue large volumes of candidates.
For more information on category rating, please go to: Category Rating
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
OtherDrug test required
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
A complete application consists of the following:
- Resume showing relevant experience; cover letter optional. Your resume should list your educational and work experience including the dates (mm/dd/yy) of each employment along with the number of hours worked per week. For work in the Federal service, please include the grade level for the position(s). Your resume may be used to validate your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire. Your resume should also indicate your citizenship and, if you are registered with the Selective Service System, if you are a male born after 12/31/59.
- Your medical documentation should distinguish between disabilities that are temporary or transient versus disabilities, which are chronic, permanent, on-going, or unresolved with no end in sight.
- Veterans' Preference Documentation: Please indicate on your resume the type of veterans' preference you are claiming and provide the appropriate supporting documentation (DD-214, Member 4 copy, stating disposition of discharge or character of service; Veteran’s Administration letter, SF-15, etc.) to validate your claim. For more information regarding eligibility requirements, please go to Fedshirevets
- Copies of applicable SF-50s “Notification of Personnel Action,” to support claimed time-in-grade, which shows grade/band levels to establish eligibility. If you do not have a copy of your SF-50, please contact the National Archives and Records Administration at 1.314.801.9250, option 2, and/or https://www.archives.gov/ to review instructions on how to obtain a copy.
- Education Documentation: If this position requires proof of higher education or you are substituting education for experience, you must submit an unofficial transcript or a list of courses that includes the following information: name of accredited institution, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. This also includes Census Bureau employees. Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. Please refer to OPM Education Definitions for more information.
You are not required to submit official documents at this time; copies are sufficient. Education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary
NOTE: You will not be considered if you fail to provide all required, applicable documents.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: You MUST submit a copy of your transcript, if you want to substitute your education for experience. If you claim qualifications based on education and do not submit a transcript, your education will not be used in making a qualification determination and you may be found "not qualified."
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from the Department of Education's website DOE.
Special Instructions for Foreign Education: Qualifying education from colleges and universities in foreign countries must be evaluated in terms of equivalency to that acquired in U.S. colleges and universities. Applicants educated in whole or in part in foreign countries must submit sufficient evidence, including transcripts to an accredited private organization for an equivalency evaluation of course work and degree. A listing of these accredited organizations can be found on the Department of Education's website DOE. You must provide a copy of the letter containing the results of the equivalency evaluation with a course-by-course listing along with your application. Failure to provide such documentation when requested will result in lost consideration.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
The Census Bureau offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the benefits offered to most Federal employees at Federal Employee Benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
The Duty Station will be one of the Area Census Offices (ACO): South Gate, Inglewood, Long Beach, Pasadena, Santa Clarita, West Covina, or Woodland Hills, California.
In order to be considered, applicants must currently reside in Los Angeles County, California and within commuting distance to any of the following cities:
South Gate, Inglewood, Long Beach, Pasadena, Santa Clarita, West Covina, or Woodland Hills.
Relocation will NOT be paid.
The individual selected for this position will:
25% or less - Position requires 25% local travel.Supervisory status
Adult CompanionTrays Home Health Care LLCJob details Salary $14 - $19 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Number of hires for this role 3 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Required) US work2 hour agoShareBrooklyn Park, MN 55428
Executive Assistant/Office ManagerBrand New World StudiosJob details Salary From $40,000 a year Job Type Full-time Contract Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications US work authorization (Required) Bachelor's4 hour agoShareAtlanta, GA 30305
Office AssistantThe QTI GroupJob details Salary $18 an hour Job Type Temporary Full Job Description Summary: If you have excellent written and verbal communication skills and excel at4 hour agoShareWaunakee, WI 53597
Inventory AssociateWIS/RGISJob details Salary From $15 an hour Job Type Part-time Full Job Description Inventory Associate Starting Wage from $15.00 Part-Time: Paid hours depend on your11 hour agoShareGrand Prairie, TX100+ locations
FRONT DESK / RECEPTIONGreen Man CannabisADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT / RECEPTION The primary function of Reception is to aid in the customer experience by greeting guests in a timely and welcoming11 hour agoShareDenver, CO 80204