- Assist customers answering questions such as item price or location and handling bulky/heavy items.
- Operate an electronic checkout system to record unit price, total customer purchase and make correct change.
- Perform a variety of duties in handling, preparing and maintaining stock levels of grocery and produce items.
- Review stock levels and gather inventory data in order to maintain the Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO) system.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of documents to order commissary items, reconcile invoices and submit requisitions.
- Maintain security, safety and sanitation practices and procedures.
- Job family (Series)
1101 General Business And Industry
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Application materials must be received by 11:59 EST On the closing date.
- Work Schedule: Part-Time, 32 hours weekly
- Tour of Duty: Irregular Schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Costs: NOT AUTHORIZED
- Position Sensitivity: Non-Sensitive
- Security Requirements: Not Applicable
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel: Occasionally
- Fair Labor Standards Act: (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- Drug Testing: Not Required
- Physical Requirement: Ability to frequently lift, push, pull, carry and handle items weighing between 30 and 40 pounds without assistance.
- Obligated Position: No
- Selective Service Requirement: All male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the selective service system or exempt from Selective Service. Please visit https://www.sss.gov/ for more information.
To qualify for this position you must possess one year of general experience General experience is described as progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled.
2 years of education above high school from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education (https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/) and in an appropriate field of study as described elsewhere in this announcement.
A combination of experience and education equaling 100% of the qualifications.
Additional information is available in the Group Coverage Qualifications Standards.
Volunteer Experience: Your experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For qualifications determinations your resume must contain your name, a description of your duties, the number of hours worked per week and the beginning and ending dates (month/year) for each position. Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
In addition to meeting the qualifications outlined above, you must also meet the following requirements:
Time after competitive appointment: Candidates applying under merit promotion must have completed three months of civilian service after a competitive appointment by the closing date of the announcement. (5 CFR 330.501)
If you are relying on education to qualify, then:
- Your education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ for more information.
- Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position. We accept unofficial transcripts for the application process, as long as they contain your name, the name of the school, the date and degree awarded, and the list of classes and credits earned. Transcripts must be received by this office no later than 11:59 PM EST on the closing date in order to be considered.
- If selected, an official transcript MUST be received before an Entrance of Duty date is set.
REGARDING INTERVIEWS: Interviews may be required for this position. Accommodations may be made to conduct telephonic interviews to preclude travel hardships for applicants.
Re-employed Annuitant: A former Federal employee who has retired under either the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) or Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is an Annuitant. An annuitant cannot be hired (i.e. re-employed) unless the vacant position meets the criteria in the Department of Defense (DOD) policy on employment of annuitants issued December 10, 2008.
The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf.
Re-employed Annuitant: This position Does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant.
- Individual with Financial Difficulty: https://hru.gov/Studio_Recruitment/tools/Mythbuster_on_Federal_Hiring_Policies.pdf.
- Deliberate attempts to falsify your application information, such as copying portions of this job announcement into your resume, may result in you being removed from consideration for this position.
- Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement upon its closing.
- Applicants selected from this announcement may be required to serve a TWO Year probationary period.
- If you are selected for this position you may be asked to submit the OF-306 declaration for Federal Employment
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Specifically you will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Ability to Provide Customer Service
- Ability to Adhere to Safety and Housekeeping Requirements
- Ability to Operate an Electronic Checkout System
- Knowledge of Store Operations
- Ability to Perform Clerical and Administrative Duties
- Ability to Communicate
REVIEW OF APPLICATION DOCUMENTS (FOR ALL APPLICANTS):
To determine your qualifications, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the questions. The score you receive is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required.
Please follow all instructions carefully as errors or omissions may affect your rating.To determine if you meet the qualifications, requirements and quality of experience required for this position, we review your resume, supporting documents and responses to the questionnaire. The score you receive is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required.
We will review your resume and supporting documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies identified as required for this position.
Applicants must choose ALL APPLICABLE ELIGIBILITIES in order to receive consideration for this announcement. Failure to choose any eligibility or select the wrong eligibility will result in non-consideration for this position. If you are unsure as to your eligibility, please select ALL Eligibilities.
Understanding Eligibilities and Qualifications as Part of the Application Process:
Military Spouse Preference: If you are entitled to military spouse preference, in order to receive this preference you must choose the spousal eligibility in your application package referencing MSP Military Spouse Preference. Your preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency. If you are claiming military spouse preference and qualified for the position, your name will be placed below preference eligible veteran candidates and above non-preference candidates on a list sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration. To claim Military Spouse Preference (MSP) please complete the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
Not RequiredDrug test required
NoPosition sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low RiskTrust determination process
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
Application packages should include the following documents:
Transcripts: Required if using education to qualify. See Education section for more information
Resume: Required **To ensure full consideration of your experience and education we encourage you to use the USAJOBS resume builder to prepare your resume or to guide you in preparing your resume.
For qualifications determinations your resume must contain the following:
- Applicant's full legal name and contact information
- Description of your duties
- Number of hours worked per week
- Beginning and ending dates (month/year) for each position
See http://www.usajobs.gov/Content/pdfs/Tutorials-Resume for more information.
If you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within the next 120 days, you must submit written documentation from the armed forces that certifies you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days from the date the written documentation is signed. If selected, additional documentation may be required prior to appointment.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position; Well qualified is defined as possessing the type and quality of experience that exceeds the positions minimum qualifications. and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.
Employees Serviced by DLA: Civilian Federal employees who receive human resources servicing through the Defense Logistics Agency DO NOT need to submit supporting documentation if applying through merit promotion. Your record in Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) will be used to verify your eligibility. It is your responsibility to ensure the required documents are in your eOPF for verification purposes. If your documents are not in eOPF, you must submit them to the announcement you are applying for at the time of application. Failure to submit all of the documents on time will result in automatic disqualification.
Overseas Employees: DeCA employees working overseas MUST submit copies of your current SF-50, showing your current tenure, grade and salary.
If you are claiming Military Spouse Preference, you must submit supporting documents with your application package. These documents must provide acceptable information to verify: you reside within the commuting area of your sponsor's permanent duty station (PDS); proof of marriage to the active duty sponsor, proof of military member's active duty status, and other documentation required by the vacancy announcement to which you are applying; and must meet all pre-employment criteria and be eligible for immediate noncompetitive appointment to a position in the competitive service. Documentation required: Marriage Certificate or License, Signed Self-Certification Checklist, Veterans' Preference documentation (e.g., DD-214, VA Letter, Statement of Service, if applicable), Transcripts (if applicable).
Additional documentation required if previously held a federal position: SF-50s (e.g., LWOP, highest grade held, overseas appointments, etc.), SF-75 Information, and documentation of performance rating of record (dated within the last 12 months). If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency mission is our people. It is DeCA's goal to have a workforce that is comprised of our nation's diverse cultures and backgrounds. DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families, as well as current DeCA employees. The agency employs over 15,000 people and its annual sales exceed $4 billion.
Not requiredSupervisory status
Retail Store Administrative AssistantDICK'S Sporting Goods$15.50 - $23.00 an hourWeekend availability +1On our team, everyone plays a critical role providing genuine, helpful and friendly service to help our athletes perform at their best and enjoy their sport.2 hour agoShareLongmont, CO 80501+126 locations
Stock Room AssistantNorth Carolina State University$31,200 - $54,265 a yearFull-timeMonday to FridayJob Posting Information Posting Number PG193006SP Internal Recruitment No2 hour agoShareRaleigh, NC+1 location
Part-Time Cashier (New Store)ALDI$14.50 an hourPart-timeWhen you join our team as a Cashier you’ll be responsible for efficiently processing customer purchases while providing excellent service to keep our customers4 hour agoShareSaint Marys, PA+17 locations
Part-Time Stocker (New Store)ALDI$14.50 an hourPart-timeWhen you join our team as a Stocker, you’ll be responsible for stocking, organizing new incoming inventory and safely operating machinery. You’ll play an4 hour agoShareSaint Marys, PA+126 locations
Milk and Formula Room TechnicianChildren's Mercy KC$18.07 an hourPart-timeThanks for your interest in Children's Mercy!: Do you envision finding a meaningful role with an inclusive and compassionate team? At Children’s Mercy, we5 hour agoShareKansas City, MO 64108 (Hospital Hill area)