Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.Job Description
We are seeking a Scheduler. You will work with supervisors and managers from across the Laboratory to provide advanced scheduling of complex programmatic projects, corrective maintenance, and maintenance projects. The Scheduler ensures alignment of the workweek plan with business performance goals, priorities, and objectives. As part of the training curriculum the selected Scheduler will be trained and qualified as a Maintenance Work Planner. This position is in the Work Planning & Control (WP&C) Office.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
- Contribute to establishing a T-week schedule process.
- Prepare and manage a T-week schedule that includes maintenance tasks, and maintenance projects that draw upon a limited resource pool.
- Ensure effective leveling of the workweek task-level schedule to ensure the safe and effective utilization of limited resources.
- Collaborate with Responsible Individuals (RIs), to ensure work is properly sequenced on the schedule to minimize duration of the activity and impact to facility personnel.
- Ensure holds or restrictions are eliminated prior to work entering the T-0 week.
- Plan facility and infrastructure-related work activities, including maintenance, repairs, replacements, minor modifications, construction and or subcontractor services.
- Develop detailed, technical work documents and Job Hazard Analyses in support of Maintenance work.
- Revise schedules to ensure emergent work is bundled properly.
- Assist in the development of the T-week scheduling process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the 306.2 level
- Lead development of the T-week schedule to optimize resources, address operational priorities, and ensure alignment with financial, customer, reliability, safety, and performance goals.
- Drive the management of maintenance backlogs, maintaining a balance between preventative, corrective, and elective maintenance work completion for effective continuous material condition improvements.
- Optimize resources to allow for emergent workload with minimum impact to schedule.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering, engineering technology, project management, or an equivalent combination of education and related technical experience.
- Experience working as a workweek manager, scheduler, project manager, and/or operational experience.
- Significant knowledge of project management and work scheduling theories and practices.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, and to apply project management principles to organize, coordinate, sequence, and accomplish work.
- Experience working independently as well as closely with all levels of management.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) work management modules.
- Advanced knowledge of technical and ES&H Principles, compliance, and/or safety basis requirements. Strong knowledge of chemical, industrial, explosives, and/or radiological hazards.
- Advanced technical writing skills with experience developing technical documents such as work procedures, work instructions, specifications, Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) procedures, Interlock procedures. Experience drafting work packages, including Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs).
- Excellent facilitation and leadership skills necessary to lead and facilitate multi-disciplinary teams of technical experts through technical discussions, including conflict resolution skills necessary to resolve differing opinions.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment.
Additional qualifications at the 306.2 level
- Experience leading change or implementing a new business process.
- Significant experience working as a workweek manager, scheduler, project manager, and/or operational experience.
- Significant experience executing independent judgement.
Qualifications We Desire
- Prior experience in work management, which includes scheduling, coordination, work sequencing, and resource loading.
- Knowledge of technical work with extensive nuclear and/or explosive safety/safety basis requirements.
- Experience applying various Human Performance Improvement tools for both individuals and work teams, (e.g. procedure use and adherence).
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Education Assistance
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Airline Crew Scheduler- St. LouisGoJet Airlines LLC.Estimated $38K - $48.1K a yearCREW SCHEDULER - St. Louis GoJet Airlines is a premier regional airline operating on behalf of United Airlines. GoJet has a reputation for2 day agoShareSt. Louis, MO 63145+1 location
Project SchedulerLeidos$84,500 - $175,500 a yearFull-time +1Description Job Description: Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead!2 day agoShareColumbia, MD 21045
Program Assistant IIOregon Metro$26.24 - $35.16 an hourMonday to Friday +1Position summary Metro is dedicated to shaping a better future for the greater Portland region. The work the people of Metro do every day benefits the lives of3 day agoSharePortland, OR 97232 (Lloyd area)
Appointment Clerk (Bilingual Spanish)Kaiser PermanenteEstimated $35.5K - $45K a yearFull-timeDay shiftJob Summary: This position provides high level member assistance by scheduling various appointments requested, transferring calls appropriately, composing messages,4 day agoShareBakersfield, CA 93311 (CSU Bakersfield area)
Special AssistantUS Office of the Secretary of Health and Human...$94,199 - $145,617 a yearPart-timeDuties WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY As a Special Assistant, you will use your knowledge of and experience with The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Financial5 day agoShareWashington, DC 20201 (Southwest Federal Center area)