Secretary- 12 Months
Job details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description
Position Guide: Non – Certified Personnel
Full Time 8 Hours
Bargaining Unit Position
Function: Under delegated authority from Administration to provide Secretarial / Clerical services within the Equity & Student Services Department. Performs confidential secretarial and clerical responsibilities necessary for an efficient and effective department. Acts as an interpreter; works independently in meeting the public; gives information and answers complaints relating to the school; refers callers to appropriate personnel, or if necessary, arranges for an appointment with Staff or Administrators, interacts with children, answers routine questions, and may render first aid as needed.
The information contained in this job description is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties performed by the individual holding this position may be assigned.
Reports To: Administration
Secretaries, School Secretaries, and other departments
Qualifications: High School Diploma
Office experience preferred
Typing (minimum 60 wpm)
Bilingual: Fluent in Reading, Writing and Speaking English / Spanish
Must have computer experience
Must pass District Technology Test
Authorities: In cooperation with Administration, make out requisitions for materials and supplies needed to carry out the specified duties. To utilize the duplicating services of the Administration Center as needed to carry out the specified duties. To make long distance telephone calls as needed.
- Maintain a professional demeanor within the workplace.
- Maintain calendar.
- Set up and record appointments.
- Manage telephone calls incoming and outgoing mail.
- Establish and maintain records and files pertinent to students.
- Type correspondence.
- Provide forms and materials to appropriate staff for preparation of reports, requisitions, etc.
- Compile and organize information necessary throughout the school year.
- Maintain information data bases as appropriate.
- File copies of all such notification correspondence in appropriate files.
- Get consent and make appropriate copies of records to be released.
- Copy and mail reports as directed.
- Prepare materials and complete reports as needed.
- Answer phones and convey messages.
- Set up and record appointments.
- Set up and assist with special projects.
- Maintain all forms and testing materials available for staff.
- Systematically monitor attendance of staff personnel via timesheets as required.
- Prepare and monitor timesheets for payroll, as needed.
- Prepare memo charges and monitor expenditures as needed.
- Type and distribute conference notices, letters to parents, and all letters as outlined by Administration.
- Scan/file copies of all such notification correspondence in appropriate files.
- Distribute copies of notices and letters to appropriate staff.
- Order office supplies for the Building as needed / directed.
- When possible assist other secretaries with scheduling, creating meeting invites, scheduling subs and interpreters.
- Participate in continuing education provided on new or system updates.
- Interpreting for staff to communicate with the public (phone calls, parent meetings, etc.) as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by Administration.
- Interpret (if applicable)
Must have the ability to comprehend simple instructions, read correspondence and memoranda and communicate effectively with all stakeholders. Must have the ability to write clear and concise memoranda, directives, or letters without close supervision. Must have the ability to orally present information effectively to parents and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Usually, normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
I have received a copy of this job description. It has been discussed with me and I have freely chosen to comply with the performance and behavior/conduct expectations contained herein.
CS- Compliance Specialist-Remote PositionAdvantage Credit$18 an hourJob details Salary $18 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Qualifications Mortgage Auditing: 2 years4 hour agoShareRemote
Part-Time (30 hours) Associate Banker - Second Ave and 106th St - New York, NYJPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.Job details Job Type Part-time Full Job Description At JPMorgan Chase, we have an obsession for taking care of our customers and employees and making them feel4 hour agoShareNew York, NY
Customer Service Associate (FT)Amazon.com$15 an hourJob details Salary $15 an hour Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Seasonal Full-Time Customer Service Associate. APPLY HERE4 hour agoShareKennewick, WA 99336
Kitchen Manager $3,000 Hiring Bonus & Extra Vacation Days!CMX CinemasJob details Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 2 Full Job Description CMX Cinemas Daytona 12 is excited to announce we are hiring! We believe it is4 hour agoShareDaytona Beach, FL 32114
Senior IS Project Manager - Temporary - 12 monthsProvidenceJob details Job Type Full-time Temporary Full Job Description Description: Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior IS Project Manager PSJH to our location5 hour agoShareRenton, WA 98057