Senior IS Project Manager - Temporary - 12 months
Job details Job Type Full-time Temporary Full Job Description
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior IS Project Manager PSJH to our location in Renton, WA. *Temporary: 12 months - no benefits
We are seeking a Senior IS Project Manager PSJH to be accountable for one or more moderate to large, diverse and complex projects in the areas of information technology, clinical informatics, physician practice implementations, quality improvement, strategic objectives and goals. Manages all aspects of projects with direct accountability to the ministry / hospital / clinic staff / project leadership and / or Executive Sponsor. The Senior Project Manager will support IS intake and governance teams as well as IS groups required to deploy IS services as defined.
The Senior Project Manager is able to quickly build collaborative relationships with ministry/hospital/clinic staff and leaders, to support their engagement efforts for the project. The Senior Project Manager is the primary point of contact between facility leadership and the resource managers of all IS teams and will require minimal supervision.
The Senior Project Manager is also accountable for working with and facilitating processes to accomplish program and project objectives, managing change and resolving complex issues that span project teams and departments. This is accomplished by planning, organizing, directing and supervising program activities in a standardized, cost effective and productive manner to achieve customer satisfaction. This position relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variables.
The Senior Project Manager ensures projects are planned and executed in a manner that supports the Providence St. Joseph Health mission, integration and collaboration across the health system, and meets the organizational objectives.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop projects within a program in alignment with the organization’s strategic plans and objectives.
- Build support to influence decisions in order to ensure work toward common objectives.
- Proactively inform and influence others in order to maintain the balance required between business needs; project partner strategy and standards; and financial requirements and budgets.
- Facilitate strategic planning with internal customers for deployment of information technologies and/or major services and products.
- Manage client expectations from initial project identification and through the project lifecycle.
- Develop and gain sponsor approval and signoff of the project charter / scope and / or work breakdown schedule.
- Manage portfolio programs with increased complexity, strategic priority and/or visibility, system and/or regional priority.
- Develop and lead the project team to the delivery of successful project outcomes.
- Engage and organize the assignment of activities of multi-functional teams, as well as the project estimates, task dependencies and schedule.
- Build and manage multiple, multi-functional collaborative project and/or work teams.
- Coordinate the activities of multi-functional teams, as well as the project budget, task dependencies and schedule.
- Scope, risk and issue management, including documenting, communicating and facilitating resolutions or mitigation plans.
- Develop, initiate and manage a communication plan, including regular project status reports.
- Deliver appropriate integration, training and implementation plans and activities.
- Manage stakeholders and multiple project teams in the context of a single project.
- Acts as a coach and mentor.
- May be required to supervise or manage Project Coordinators.
- Develop root cause analyses and process improvement plans.
- Maintain all project artifacts.
- Identify, deliver and document organizational, application and human workflows that contribute to policy and procedure updates throughout each project.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior leadership, management and stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management/BA/Healthcare Admin/Clinical OR equivalent education/experience
- Six (6) years Project management experience in healthcare, information services, or other relevant industry or operations leading medium to large complex projects using PM methodologies and software
- Six (6) years Project management experience in healthcare, information services, or other relevant industry or operations managing projects with multiple project teams, product development lifecycle, or quality lifecycle.
- Six (6) years Project management experience in healthcare, information services, or other relevant industry or operations making formal and informal presentations to senior and executive management and key stakeholders.
- Six (6) years Project management experience in healthcare, information services, or other relevant industry or operations developing and modifying process standards and objectives to a project as appropriate.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Project Management methodology based on PM principles
- Project Management Professional designation (PMI) Certification, upon hire
- Certified Associate in Project Management (PMI) Certification, upon hire
About the department you will serve.
Providence Shared Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for our Providence family of organizations across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: IT Project/Program Management
Req ID: 317532
Import SpecialistLivingston InternationalJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Import Specialist Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the third largest entry filer in19 hour agoShareNorfolk, VA 23510+2 locations
Product safety management for Global Product Stewardship Fabric and Home Care (F&HC)Procter & GambleJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Consumer safety and global compliance are of the utmost importance to the Company. We are looking to recruit a19 hour agoShareSaint Bernard, OH 45216
BricklayerNYC CareersJob details Salary $381 a day Full Job Description As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been19 hour agoShareNew York, NY
CUSTOMER SERVICE AIDE (DHS)State of Rhode IslandJob details Salary $35,735 - $38,222 a year Full Job Description Class Definition GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Within the Department of Human Services, to perform19 hour agoShareWarwick, RI+4 locations
TV/Movies Features EditorColliderJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description US | UK | Remote & Freelance Position Collider is the ultimate source for impactful entertainment news. We21 hour agoShare+5 locationsRemote