Looking for a multi-faceted person with weekend availability to join our Operations team as a Store Floater! Generous discount and benefits offered!
In accordance with New Seasons Market COVID-19 policy, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as condition of employment in Oregon & Washington; medical, disability-related and religious exemptions may apply.
Job Title: Store Floater
Job Region: Oregon / SW Washington
Reports-To: Operations Manager
Exemption Status (typically): Non-Exempt
Requirements: As a retail grocer, we operate 7 days/week and 365 days/year. Our in-store positions are likely to include evening and weekend shifts per the needs of the business. Valid Food Handler’s card and OLCC permit required.
About us: New Seasons Market began in 2000 when three families got together to open a neighborhood market, a place where local communities can come together to connect with where their food comes from. A friendly, inviting place that honors its region’s farmers, ranchers, growers and makers—helping them prosper for generations to come. Over the years, our community has grown, but our goal is still the same: to build community through good food.
About the role: Works in all departments across the store, providing coverage and additional support where needed. Provides exceptional customer service and contributes to a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Engages the customer in a friendly manner, shares product information and assists in locating product throughout the store. Seeks opportunities to exceed customer expectations and enhance the customer experience.
- Demonstrates ability to manage own time and models a flexible work style. Shifts tasks as priorities and circumstances change based on needs and conditions of department.
- Represents company values. Works cooperatively and positively with fellow team members, customers and vendors spiriting a respectful workplace where everyone is welcome.
- Gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner demonstrating company Speak Up culture.
- Conserves company resources. Works in a manner consistent with company mission, vision and values and sustainability program.
- Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and all local, state and federal regulatory agencies. Contributes to store cleanliness, maintains equipment. Informs store/department management of any problems.
- Observes all company rules and policies. Understands and complies with specific department or location guidelines, tasks and responsibilities.
- Trained to work in all departments across the store, providing coverage and support where needed.
- Follows all policies, applicable food and work safety laws and procedures specific to each department.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of products throughout store, with willingness to continue learning. Seeks to further product knowledge in specific departments.
- Assists customers with product selection. Shares product knowledge with customers. Makes recommendations and suggestions based on customer needs.
- Supports the Online Shopping program.
- Supports food production departments such as, but not limited to Meat and Seafood, Bakery / Pastry, Produce VA, Prepared Foods and Cheese. Prepares, slices, wraps, weighs, tares, prices, labels and presents department products according to pre-set standards.
- Prepares food for all Prepared Foods stations and cases. Follows company provided recipes and specifications in order to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Prepares coffee and other beverages to customer and vendor specifications.
- Processes customers’ made-to-order items accurately and expeditiously.
- Supports Front End operations with cashiering and bagging customer purchases, performs carry-outs and supports general cleanliness operations of department.
- Builds displays and arranges department products to make attractive presentations, highlighting featured/unique/seasonal items.
- Supports Floral department and assists customers with floral arrangements and product selection. Maintains plant and flower conditions through watering, trimming and rotation.
- Executes product demos, including sponsored demos, vendor demos and themed tastings.
- Accurately receives and scans vendor deliveries, returns and credits into the corresponding inventory management software. Checks quality, count and condition of products. Communicates any issues to management and merchandising team.
- Completes customer special orders thoroughly and provides follow-through as needed.
- Maintains whole-store cleanliness, cleans restrooms and deli seating area (DSA), sweeps, mops, empties trash, cleans parking lot, washes and stocks kitchen equipment.
- Stocks, rotates and faces products with attention to product quality and expiration dates. Handles damaged and spoiled product according to company policy.
- Maintains cleanliness, organization and rotation of all areas, products and supplies.
- Maintains accurate pricing and signage that meet merchandising standards.
- Maintains awareness of current ads, promotions, holidays and events.
- Tools and Equipment Used (not all inclusive): This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: baler, hand truck, POS, industrial kitchen equipment (i.e. blast chiller, grill, knives/blades, oven, grills, scales, etc.), basic housekeeping / janitorial and standard office equipment.
- This position works at a Medium level. Required frequently and up to continuously to be on feet with a mix of standing and walking throughout shift. Sitting seldom required. Up to occasionally, dependent on location, required to climb stairs, step stool and /or ladders.
- Continuously required to: lift and carry 1-10 pounds; use arms, hands and wrists; grasping/squeezing
- Frequently required to: lift and carry 11-20 pounds; push and/or pull 1-80 pounds; reach at/above shoulder; reach below shoulder
- Occasionally required to: lift and carry 21-50 pounds; bend/stoop; twist; crouch/squat; kneel
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function within our company. New Seasons Market / New Leaf Community Markers reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet changing industry or business needs as necessary.
What you Bring as a Candidate:
- Previous customer service, food service, retail or grocery experience preferred.
- Knowledge of retail Operations department with experience working across multiple departments in a retail grocery specific environment highly preferred.
Physical and Environmental Work Space: Work occurs in a grocery store environment which includes surfaces that can be wet and slippery, moderate noise level, and temperature extremes in controlled environments in the cooler and freezer, and depending on location, working outside in all temperatures. There may be exposure to certain allergens and / or chemicals. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Warehouse WorkerCMA CGMAt CEVA, we believe that logistics is a people business, that’s why we create an environment of trust and team spirit - we encourage initiative and we empower our42 minute agoShareUnited States
Bakery ClerkBrookshire Grocery CompanyEstimated $22.9K - $28.9K a yearBrookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and1 hour agoShareTyler, TX100+ locations
DishwasherMother's Market & Kitchen, Inc.Estimated $25.9K - $32.7K a yearUnder the Food Service Manager supervision, the DISHWASHER performs the following duties: TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES Organize, clean and store dishes,1 hour agoShareHuntington Beach, CA 92648+1 location
Temp Cashier - NBUNorth Coast Cooperative$15 an hourESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSCustomer Experience Provide an exceptional shopping experience and friendly and welcoming environment for all members, customers, and co-workers1 hour agoShareArcata, CA 95521
Aerie - Brand Ambassador (Sales Associate) - US - ColoradoAmerican Eagle OutfittersUp to $17.46 an hourBE PART OF SOMETHING REAL YOUR ROLE As a part-time Brand Ambassador, you bring our brand to life every day! Your goal is to provide everyone who1 hour agoShareDenver, CO 80206100+ locations