Supervisor - Airport Operations Zone Control
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The Airport Operations department keeps operations at our airports running smoothly through planning, organization and supervision.
Job overview and responsibilities
Provides oversight and management of activity within a zone of United’s airport operation, proactively monitors the flow of aircraft arrival and departure processes during a shift with other operating organizations to achieve optimum operational performance, and supports United’s core values through critical decision-making.
- Prioritize and develop tactical plans to address all issues in area of responsibility working with team members across United’s LAX operation.
Identify, preplan and manage the execution and decision points of all planeside activities including baggage processes, customer boarding, fueling, catering, tech ops, and general aircraft servicing for all flights within established reliability goals; document and escalate critical issues.
- Monitor inbound flight activity and communicate irregularities; track arrivals into gates to insure flights are met. Monitor departure processes and make accurate, well-educated departure delay quotes to maintain FLIFO and provide timely updates to passengers and other operational departments. Ensure timely delay coding and delay resolution with areas of leadership.
- Identify, preplan and manage all irregularities such as weight restrictions, cancelled flights, gate changes, ATC/WX, medical emergencies, major/minor flight alerts, and staffing and process issues.
- Provide feedback and trend analysis on operational performance and research delays with area supervisor to identify root cause. Identify changes required to prevent future delays. Develop and support standard work and continuous improvement processes.
- High school diploma, GED or education equivalent
- 2+ years experience in an operational or leadership capacity
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Passion for the airline industry and airline operations
- Basic skills with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate skills in conducting root cause analysis and develop real-time tactical plans during irregular operations
- Ability to work in harmony with other team members across the organization to create a collaborative work environment
- Curiosity about all aspects of airline operations and willingness to develop new skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of operations, management, and logistics principles
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Must be able to work all shifts, as part of a 24/7 operation
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation management, operations, logistics, or a related field of study.
- 2+ years airlines operations work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Dishwasher - FT - Denver/River Front ParkBALFOUR SENIOR CARE$16 - $17 an hourWe are seeking talented and team-oriented associates to join our comfortable and elegant environment at Balfour River Front Park located in Denver, CO and1 hour agoShareDenver, CO 80202+1 location
TNHM05-2022-04178-Dual Role Maintenance and Rural Striper-LanderState of Wyoming$17.78 - $20.44 an hourDescription and Functions Open Until Filled GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a Highway1 hour agoShareLander, WY
Unarmed Security Guard (Part time, 32 hours a week)New Wave Security Solutions$18 - $20 an hourUnarmed Guard Part time 32 hours per week Responsibilities Preventing illegal or inappropriate actions by maintaining a high visibility presence. Patrolling assigned1 hour agoShareColorado Springs, CO 80920
Picker Packer - Hiring now!Indeed Flex$15.50 an hourNote: This job is for Indeed Flex, but will take place at a client's worksite. Indeed Flex is urgently hiring Picker Packers for our dynamic client within the Atlanta,1 hour agoShareAtlanta, GA
Housekeeper (Part-Time)Huntsville Health Care CenterEstimated $21.3K - $26.9K a yearWE ARE LOOKING FOR THE BEST HOUSEKEEPERS! We’re serious about getting the best people to join our team and offering on-the-spot interviews. We are looking for a2 hour agoShareHuntsville, TX 77340