Dept Number/Name: 0-3902-000 Graduate School
College/Division: Acad Affairs-Graduate School
Salary Plan: Staff
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $36,000 to $38,000
Position Number: 00005108
The Office of Graduate Studies is comprised of approximately 15 Administrative and Staff personnel, functions to assist the Senior Vice Provost and Dean and the Associate Dean in successfully running the day-to-day operations necessary to support graduate and postdoctoral education at USF. The unit works closely with other administrative units, faculty, postdoctoral scholars, students, and staff across campus to attain the goals and mission set forth by the University.
In a high-energy academic setting, the Administrative Specialist provides clerical, administrative, and organizational assistance to the Associate Dean of the Office of Graduate Studies with a focus on the electronic thesis and dissertation approval process. Manage internal databases and update web pages. Plan and organize meetings and workshops and assist in the organization of major external events sponsored by the Office of Graduate Studies. Assist in the preparation and execution of assigned Office of Graduate Studies activities.
- Manage the Electronic Thesis and Dissertation (ETD) system within the Office of Graduate Studies. This requires organizing the system from when students attend workshops through thesis/dissertation completion. This involves not only working with various databases, but also retaining oversight of submissions to the ProQuest website, overseeing the ETD mailbox, and aiding students, as required, to successfully navigate the ETD process.
- Furthermore, information about the process and workshops must be disseminated to students, and responses to student inquiries about the process and formatting requirements must also be addressed. Assists the Associate Dean in the preparation of training materials and the ETD website. Assists with format review of manuscripts, data collection and report writing related to the ETD process. Maintains lists for commencement. Collects and archives all paperwork associated with the ETD process.
- Provide professional assistance and support to planning, design, development, and management of various communication projects and initiatives in OGS. Specifically, the Administrative Specialist will be responsible for webpage content and social media updates, ensuring that the Office maintains a professional presence. This person will be tasked with designing print and web publications for various OGS events and initiatives.
- This position requires proficiency at an intermediate or advanced level in the use of standard desktop applications, including the ability to produce documents and presentations of all kinds using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software tools, as well as basic web page development.
- Organize and archive correspondence from students, faculty, and internal/external agencies, including web postings; manage selected internal databases and extract information from relevant University or external databases. Prepare scheduled and ad hoc data reports and spreadsheets.
- Utilize the Web Portal for coordinating meeting materials and online meeting options. Maintain accuracy and currency of information on sections of the Graduate School website that are under the purview of the Associate Dean. Work with Graduate School personnel in establishing and arranging the activities for various events.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, with at least four years of experience in an office or administrative support position.
- Additional education may not be substituted for this experience requirement.
- Bachelors degree or higher and administrative support with two years experience in Higher Education to a Director, Chair, or Associate Dean.
- Facility with FAST, OASIS and BANNER.
- Experience with document format editing.
- Demonstrated expertise in all Microsoft Professional software and web design programs.
- Experience with web navigation or Banner is a plus.
- Possess exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level # 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 25098
Posting Date: 05/05/2020
Posting End Date: 05/12/2020
How to Claim Veteran's Preference:
This position allows eligible veterans and their spouses to claim Veterans' Preference pursuant to Florida Statute 295.
Applicants claiming preference are responsible for providing required documentation AT THE TIME OF SUBMITTING APPLICATION; such documentation is required for eligibility determination.
Supporting documentation, in addition to the DD214, may be required based on eligibility criteria. If you are submitting a DD 214, please ensure the social security number and date of birth is redacted/removed.
For information on obtaining a DD 214 visit http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/ or call 1-866-272-6272.
How To Apply
Click on the Apply Now button. When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
Campus map and location overview: USF - Tampa Campus
The University of South Florida System is a high-impact, global research system dedicated to student success. The USF System includes three institutions: USF; USF St. Petersburg; and USF Sarasota-Manatee. The institutions are separately accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. All institutions have distinct missions and their own detailed strategic plans. Serving over 48,000 students, the USF System has an annual budget of $1.6 billion and an annual economic impact of $4.4 billion. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees in the USF System, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.
Administrative AssistantPfizerEstimated $42.8K - $54.2K a yearFull-timeWhy Patients Need You A career with us is about discovering breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. A high performing administrative team is essential3 hour agoShareMcPherson, KS
Front Office Assistant, PulmonaryNorthside HospitalNorthside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art, and continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our patients and communities3 hour agoShareGreensboro, GA 30642
Supplier Quality Management and Audit Technology Specialist (Open to Remote)CargillEstimated $77.1K - $97.6K a yearWant to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights3 hour agoShareRemote in Wayzata, MN
Employee Volunteerism and Giving SpecialistCHS IncEstimated $62.2K - $78.8K a yearCHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to3 hour agoShareInver Grove Heights, MN
Talent Acquisition SpecialistTexas Health ResourcesPart-timeMonday to FridayTalent Acquisition Specialist The Talent Acquisition department is looking for a top skilled Recruiting professional to join our Team. Is that you? Work location:4 hour agoShareRemote in Arlington, TX 76011