Clinical Research Assistant Down Syndrome
Here, it’s different. Come join us.
Children's Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years.
Here, the nation’s brightest nurses, physicians, scientists, researchers, therapists, and care providers are creating the future of child health. With an optimist’s outlook, a trailblazing spirit, and a celebrated history, we’re making new strides every day.
We’ve been Magnet-designated four times by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and are consistently recognized among the nation’s top 10 pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
As a national leader in pediatric care, we serve children and families from all over the nation. Our System of Care includes four pediatric hospitals, 11 specialty care centers, 1,300+ outreach clinics and more than 10,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric care specialties.
Here, we know it takes all of us, every role, to deliver the best possible care to each child and family we treat.
That’s why we build our teams toward a foundation of equity in access, advancement, and opportunity. We know teams of individuals with different identities and backgrounds can nurture creativity and innovation. We know we can see, treat, and heal children better when our team reflects the diversity of our patient population. We strive to attract and retain diverse talent because we know a truly inclusive and equitable workforce will help us one day realize our most basic calling: to heal every child who comes through our doors.
A career at Children's Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child. Here, it’s different.Job Overview
The Clinical Research Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for the day-to-day operations of assigned clinical research programs and/or studies conducted by Principal Investigators (PIs) at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. Performs a variety of administrative duties involved in the collection, compilation, documentation and review of clinical research data. Supports the achievement of research program and/or study objectives. Works under close and direct supervision.
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized, team-oriented person to join our Outpatient Laboratory team supporting, here at Children’s Hospital Colorado! Our laboratory testing plays a key role in the detection, diagnosis and treatment of pediatric, adult and prenatal conditions. With state-of-the-art laboratory services, facilities and technologies, we support and guide quality patient care across the pediatric spectrum. Our labs offer a wide range of high-quality lab screenings and diagnostic tests with rapid turnaround times, as well as an unmatched scope and capabilities, including diagnostic tests that aren't available anywhere else in the country. Our extraordinary team at Children's Hospital Colorado is creating the future of child health, and we need top talent to do it. Join us!Additional Information
Department: Down Syndrome Admin
Hours per week: 40, eligible for benefits
Shift: Monday-Friday between the hours of 7:00 am-6:00 pm
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.Responsibilities
POPULATION SPECIFIC CARE
- Neonate - <30 days
- Infancy - >30 days to 1yr
- Toddlers - >1yr to 3yrs
- Pre-Schoolers - >3yrs to 5yrs
- School age - >5yrs to 13yrs
- Adolescent - >13yrs to 18yrs
- Adult - >18yrs to 65yrs
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Assists regulatory team with Institutional Review Board (IRB) preparation and submission, including collation and preparation of documents.
- Screens and schedules participants in a variety of clinical research programs and/or studies. Consents subjects and/or families for registry or non-interventional research studies.
- Prepares for and takes part in site initiation, monitoring, closeout visits, and document storage activities. Conducts and documents visits and testing/interviews according to all regulatory and organizational protocols. Collects, prepares, processes, ships and maintains inventory of research specimens.
- Maintains subject level documentation and prepares documents, equipment and/or supplies.
- Provides input for and assists with developing IRB related documents. Collaborates with coordinating staff to maintain appropriate documentation.
- Assists to identify issues related to operational efficiency and shares results with supervising coordinator staff and/or management.
- Maintains compliance with institutional requirements and policies. Maintains a familiarity with the ethical conduct of research and safeguards needed when conducting clinical research.
- Participates in sponsor-required training. Participates in team meetings. Proactively includes others in decision making and escalates issues to management as necessary.
- Investigates incomplete, inaccurate, or missing data/documents to ensure accuracy and completeness of data. Recognizes and reports vulnerabilities related to security of physical and electronic data. Adheres to and participates in the development and assessment of quality assurance. Assists with recognizing trends related to data quality and escalates as appropriate.
- Utilizes electronic data capture systems, technologies and software necessary for clinical research program and/or study operations. Scores tests, enters data and completes required forms accurately and according to protocol. Assists with the development of data collection documents and instruments. Identifies issues related to data capture, collection or management and escalates to supervising coordinator staff and/or management.
- Ensuring participant care expenses have appropriate financial routing and subjects are paid as relevant for participation in clinical trials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Ability to develop an understanding of and to utilize medical and clinical research related terminology.
Ability to understand basic concepts of clinical research program and study design.
Ability to recognize and employ professional guidelines and code of ethics related to the conduct of clinical research.
Ability to maintain a general awareness of best practices, trends and changes in the clinical research profession.
SCOPE & LEVEL
Guidelines: Trains in the field and assists higher level team members to acquire learning through practical experience.
Complexity: Performs routine and/or basic tasks common to the field. Procedures, methods and techniques to be used are well established with options to be considered well defined. Tools, work aids and materials to be used are specified.
Decision Making: Duties assigned are primarily routine, repetitive, and restricted in intricacy with little or no discretion in how they are carried out.
Communication: Contact with team members, clients or the public where factual information relative to the organization or its functions are received, relayed, or a service rendered according to established procedures or instructions.
Supervision Received: Under close supervision, the team member receives training to develop skills and abilities in a specific line of work or general occupational area. Work product is subject to close, continuous inspection.
Audio-Visual: Color Discrimination: Good
Audio-Visual: Depth Perception: Good
Audio-Visual: Far Vision: Good
Audio-Visual: Hearing: Good
Audio-Visual: Near Vision: Good
General Activity: Sit: 2-4 hrs. per day
General Activity: Stand/Walk: 2-4 hrs. per day
Motion: Bend: Up to 1/3 of time
Motion: Carry: Up to 1/3 of time
Use of Hands/Feet: Both Hands - Gross Motor Function
Use of Hands/Feet: Both Hands - Precise Motor Function (Or Fine Manipulation)
Weight Lifted/Force Exerted: Up to 25 pounds: Up to 1/3 of time
Equipment: Telephone, computers, reading reports/graphs
Exposure: Exposure to blood/body fluid: Regular/Frequent
Exposure: Exposure to chemicals: Occasional
Exposure: Exposure to infectious diseases: Occasional
Exposure: Exposure to radiation: Occasional
Exposure: Exposure to skin irritations: Occasional
Mental and Emotional Requirements: Handles multiple priorities effectively
Mental and Emotional Requirements: Manages stress appropriately
Mental and Emotional Requirements: Works alone effectively
Mental and Emotional Requirements: Works in close proximity to others and/or in a distracting environment
Mental and Emotional Requirements: Works with others effectively
Mental and Emotional Stress: Managing workload and system issues
Mental Stress: Multi-tasking, meeting deadlines, prioritizing
It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Be aware that none of the questions are intended to imply illegal preferences or discrimination based on non-job-related information.
Annual Salary Range (Based on 40 hours worked per week): $35,820.24 to $53,730.37
Hourly Salary Range: $17.22 to $25.83
Here, you matter. As a Children’s Hospital Colorado team member, you will receive a competitive pay and benefits package designed to take care of your needs that includes base pay, incentives, paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, company provided life and disability insurance, paid parental leave, 403b employer match (retirement savings), a robust wellness program, and access to a best-in-class education benefit with 75+ tuition-free programs to help you advance your career.
As part of our Total Rewards package, Children's Colorado offers an annual employee bonus program that rewards eligible team members based on organizational performance. If organizational goals are met for the year, the bonus is paid out the following April.
Children’s Colorado delivers annual base pay increases to eligible team members based on their performance over the previous year.
Freight CoordinatorBuckleEstimated $25K - $31.6K a yearNEW STORE OPENING SOON! Summary The Freight Coordinator position’s primary responsibility is to fulfill our mission statement, “to create the most3 day agoShareFenton, MO 63026+2 locations
Team Member (Full Time & Part Time Storewide Opportunities)Whole Foods MarketEstimated $28.2K - $35.7K a yearFull-time +1Day shift +4Are you a Foodie seeking a new and exciting opportunity? Come join the Whole Foods Market team where you’ll work in a professional environment, with the highest3 day agoShareHouston, TX 77057 (Uptown area)
Companion CaregiverVisiting Angels$10.50 - $12.00 an hourFull-time +28 hour shift +2Are you looking for a Companion Caregiver job that will allow you to give back to your community and broaden your skills? Visiting Angels' office in Humble is the place3 day agoShareCleveland, TX
Remote Healthcare Customer Service Representative (unlicensed)Foundever$12 - $15 an hourSykes and Sitel are now Foundever™ At Foundever, we believe that small moments can have a big impact on our work experiences, customers, teams, and friends. By3 day agoShareRemote in Texas
Insurance Specialist II - Hawaii Remote Opportunity!NAVIENTFull-timeAbout Xtend Healthcare Xtend Healthcare is a revenue cycle management company focused exclusively on the healthcare industry. The company's services range from full3 day agoShareRemote in Honolulu, HI 96815