WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness consulting and management firms, is pleased to announce we are seeking a General Manager for the Fitness Center of the luxury hotel, InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown. Ideal candidate needs to have a proven track record of success in driving membership sales and PT revenue. In addition to strong commercial health club experience, a hospitality background is preferred. Compensation is $75K base plus bonus and commissions opportunities.
The General Manager is responsible for directing all facility operations to include: developing and directing strategic planning efforts; maximizing sales while monitoring and controlling expenses to meet planned operating profits; creating and executing strategic business plans, promotions, and productivity targets; assisting with the development of annual budgets and marketing programs, recruiting, hiring, and training all employees in accordance with established costs, procedures, and staffing needs; and providing leadership and opportunities for overall facility growth and individual skill enhancement
- Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
- Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and, with Operations Director’s approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
- Ensures accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
- Recruits the key personnel for Spa, Food and Beverage, Fitness, Sales, Maintenance, Aquatics, and Operations, where applicable. Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Conducts on-going training/educational programs for department. Holds team meetings on a regular schedule.
- Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system. Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Assesses all employees’ progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Directs and oversees all facility operations to ensure achievement of sales and retention goals, business objectives and facility profitability.
- Attends all management functions and meetings associated with client.
- Develops annual strategic plan highlighting targeted operational, marketing, programming, customer service and financial objectives.
- Recommends and develops marketing strategies to include planning/coordinating promotions, facility activities and effective advertising.
- Maintains cooperation and teamwork throughout the facility, placing a high emphasis on client service and satisfaction.
- Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment.
- Develops and implements systematic membership programs that targets new members, general memberships, and infrequent users.
- Ensure compliance with all licensing and health requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in health, fitness or business management field
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a large multi amenity facility
- Strategic planning, membership marketing and sales, employee supervision and training, fitness/health promotion, programming, and financial management skills
- Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic
- Personal Training and or certifications associated with the industry are highly desirable
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
See the full details at https://www.jobs.net/jobs/wtsinternational/en-us/job/United-States/General-Manager/J3R6BY6738HPL3TP2F7/
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 /year
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- Fitness/Recreation: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
Part Time Courier/Non DOT $17.44/hrFedEx ExpressJob Title: Part Time Courier/Non DOT $17.44/hrJob Requisition Number: RC250192Category: Courier/Tractor-Trailer DriverJob Family: FXE-US: DriverTime Type: Part16 minute agoShareLynn Haven, FL
Pharmacy Care Team Associate (874625)Optum Local Care DeliveryRequired Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED 4+ years of experience in a medical or pharmacy setting 2+ years of administrative support experience Must be able to53 minute agoShareSan Antonio, TX
Director Advisory Services, Healthcare Analytics - Telecommute (875815)Optum Advisory ServicesDirector Advisory Services, Healthcare Analytics - Telecommute (875815) Position Description No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is1 hour agoShareMinnesota
Sr Director, Advisory Services Healthcare Analytics - Telecommute (875821)Optum Advisory ServicesSr Director, Advisory Services Healthcare Analytics - Telecommute (875821) Position Description No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is1 hour agoShareMinnesota
Shift LeadWalgreensOpens and closes the store in the absence of store management, including all required systems start-ups, required cash handling, and ensuring the floor and stock room2 hour agoShareMilwaukee, WI